Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Raven he knows he's doing these things. I know he isn't doing it to upset me and I have told him before how I felt about it. I just don't fell like reiterating myself every time something like that happens.

Ah, I gotcha. :/ I can definitely understand not wanting to reiterate things like that. Well, regardless, you've lost 14 pounds already. Just try not to let it get to ya too much and keep up the good work. ^.^
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @jtconst ~ Congrats on the 5 pound weight loss! Yippee!

Well, I had a fun, but busy, weekend! Managed to get in 2 bike rides! Love it! The good new is, I managed to stay under my calorie goal all week (except yesterday) and have done better about drinking the water. The bad news is, I made banana bread yesterday (cuz I had bad bananas that I just can't seem to find myself throwing out). My DIL suggested I put chocolate chips in some of it, and man oh man, it was deeleesh! I had not one, not two, but THREE pieces! *sigh* Today is a new day, and I will keep on keepin' on!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Check in: It was a good weekend overall. I hung out with friends and rang in my new year right, with a scale victory. Thought I'd give myself a treat and have carne asada chips ... well that won't be happening again (heartburn city - boo!). Otherwise, made decent choices and was at work on time despite an earlier start time. Life is good.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send out a quick ty to everyone for the congratulations and super support. You are all awesome.:happy:
  • judygorham
    Options
    Well, I had a good and hard weekend.Didnot eat very nutritionally, but stayed within my calories. Exercise is my problem . Any ideas out there. I have been a little depressed and iam not sure why. I have to stay focused on the battle I am fighting for my life. Sometimes I get lost in whats going on around me.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello
    This weekend went ok till Sunday afternoon. I was at evening church service just start when I got so dizzy. Had to sit down. Got thinking had a good breakfast but a really lite lunch and forgot to grab a snack. So after went with friends to dinner felt ok react to all the sodium in meal but that's not new.

Today had an ok breakfast took daughter to the mall remember feeling hungry so mention we need to get lunch soon. We were at food court in a hour. I am standing in line samething but this time a woman brought me a chair to sit in recall I pack a healthy snack so ate that and had lunch felt ok. We went on our way about. An hour and half. Samething. Had snack ok. Came home fix a really good dinner
    question. In the process of your weight loss journey have any of you experienced?
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to make the last post about me
    I have read everyone posts
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well, if I had eaten a mid afternoon snack...I'm thinking I could have worked out tonight. Not to self...eat snack.

Oh and drink water. I totally didn't drink any today! Stupid hospital!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: Another good weekend for me. Nothing that was out of the ordinary just a nice, simple weekend. I made decent food choices and exercised. What else could I ask for? I did find a new treat. Trader Joe's Chocolate Banana Bites. I didn't think the price was bad and you can have 4 bites for 130 calories. It was a pleasant evening treat and the chocolate satisfied my sweet tooth. Love finding new foods and work them into my daily calorie intake. Life is good!!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Also, I've got a supplier dinner tonight at The Palms Restaurant. I already checked out their menu and going with the Chilean Sea Bass. For an app, I may have Shrimp Cocktail or a salad to start. I'm thinking green beans as a side. I'm looking forward to a really nice dinner, but need to make really good choices too.
  • Jghernan
    Options
    I lost 20....80 to go! my goal is another 30 by Dec..
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Checking in... I'm getting lazy. I have been doing okay, just slow minded and not as diligent about making healthy choices. I need to find my groove again and push myself to be my best. I have been eating more bread and sugar (not from fruit) lately and am wondering if perhaps that is what is dragging me down. I feel sluggish and not so motivated.... like I said, "lazy". Blah. :frown:

Sorry I am not the bright ray of sunshine that I should be. I think I will go for a walk and find a more positive perspective. I hope you all are having an amazing Monday.

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Lizmil- you may want to get a check up if you keep experience periods of dizziness. It could be caused by many different things but it is not something to just dismiss easily.

Protein Bars- I am not sure why they were sticky- I tended to keep mine in the fridge after the freezer I think. You could try adding some additional oats that might help dry them out. You can also search recipes for No Bake Protein Bars- that is where I found the recipe.

This weekend was okay but no change in my weight. This may be because I am getting up earlier and I know my weight changes if I sleep longer. Yes, I have weighed myself multiple times in the morning when sleeping late or getting up early to make a trip to the bathroom. It has dropped a couple of pounds in hours. I am always shocked at this development.

Tomorrow, will be a major challenge for me since I have a tentative agreement with my trainer. Yes, we are having issues again so this time. I finally told him I am tired of him his tirades about my lack of performance especially on stairs. He told me that I was quitting on him and not putting my best effort forth. So, tomorrow I am putting my money where my mouth is meaning I will work my butt off tomorrow to prove him wrong. This will either work well for me or leave me frustrated. I still hate the stairs and they will always be a major challenge for me especially those that are outside and uneven. I will be curious to see how this workout plays out- it could be the start of a good thing or bring a successful relationship to an end. I just don't plan to fail but rise to the challenge. Even through I am worried about what he will plan for me. He knows everything I hate to do including stairs and jumping- which he truly enjoys and that is one of his favorite tortures for me. He is doing his job so the challenge will go on.
    Most of you know my history with this trainer so you know that I really do appreciate his support and workouts but every so often we have this difference of opinion.

It is scary that there was a school shooting in Baltimore County, MD. It was a high school. Only one person was shot and luckily a teacher was able to get the weapon away from the student. How he managed to get the gun in the school is a mystery to me. I hope we are not in for a year of school shootings.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @MNWalking – sorry to hear about your BF, hope he’s doing well. And a big BRAVO for having mom-controls on teenager (see that so seldom anymore).

@Lana – congrats on the size down! And sorry the BF isn’t being supportive. Stand up for yourself, doll – you’re worth it, and you’re doing great!

@Aug – sounds like your truck & mine are related!

@raven – brothers have a strange way of being supportive :/ Mine just looks at me & says “well, it’s about time”. From him, that’s really high praise/support.

@PomegranatePr – welcome! Performing certainly can be a workout, that’s for sure. Good job on staying hydrated!

@naceto – sugar ups & downs can *absolutely* affect your mood (wish I could account my black mood to a sugar crash). You may not think you’re being “up” or supportive – but you do make a difference!

Monday check in - well, numbers look ok, but I'm just not seeing the results -- and this is not helping the black mood I'm in. Don't get me wrong, I notice the size changes, and the numbers on the scale - but when I look at me, I don't see a difference. And the stress at work is so not helping (trying to do 3 people's jobs right now including my own - and *my* job has enough work/drama for two by itself!)

Sorry to be whiny/needy, folks - just have to vent somewhere.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Went to starbucks to grade for few hours after school today, and just caught up on all of the posts. Trying to stick to my goal of only doing personals if I have something really unique to contribute. With that in mind, I'd like to give a general congrats to all of you who've had successes on the scale and off. I saw some really great losses and NSV's :drinker:

I'm even more proud of those of you who are struggling. It's easier to stick with it and come back day after day when you are seeing the scale go down and stresses are low in your life. The real challenge (that we've all experienced from time to time) is to stay the course even when things aren't going well. For all of you who are facing a rough road right now--I'm so proud of you for not giving up--you guys are superstars!! :flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    So far I've managed to balance grading and working out. I went to the gym last thurs. after school then took friday off. Saturday I focused on grading and then went out in the evening with friends. Sunday, I was back at the gym, and today I did more grading. If I can stick with this every other day schedule, I should do ok. Goal is to hit the gym again tomorrow--wish me luck.

Grading:
    1. 48/48 AP quizzes--DONE!
    2. x/58 Junior universal screeners for writing (I did some of these, but I'm not sure how many)
    3. 24/24 Vocab quizzes--DONE!
    4. x/24 Parts of speech pre-tests
    5. x/49 "Columber" essays
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello
    This weekend went ok till Sunday afternoon. I was at evening church service just start when I got so dizzy. Had to sit down. Got thinking had a good breakfast but a really lite lunch and forgot to grab a snack. So after went with friends to dinner felt ok react to all the sodium in meal but that's not new.

Today had an ok breakfast took daughter to the mall remember feeling hungry so mention we need to get lunch soon. We were at food court in a hour. I am standing in line samething but this time a woman brought me a chair to sit in recall I pack a healthy snack so ate that and had lunch felt ok. We went on our way about. An hour and half. Samething. Had snack ok. Came home fix a really good dinner
    question. In the process of your weight loss journey have any of you experienced?

Liz - I'm wondering if you are drinking enough water? That could be one cause for feeling faint. The other cause you seem to have put your finger on - lack of nutrition - carrying a snack is a good idea. Also, are you starting your day with protein, say a couple of eggs, something like that? It would last you longer than, say, cereal or toast. Whatever the cause, you need to get to the bottom of it if it happens again, after trying these suggestions. That's not supposed to happen - its not a normal side effect.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a good and hard weekend.Didnot eat very nutritionally, but stayed within my calories. Exercise is my problem . Any ideas out there. I have been a little depressed and iam not sure why. I have to stay focused on the battle I am fighting for my life. Sometimes I get lost in whats going on around me.

Judy, exercise is difficult for me as well. When I started the first part of July I was could hardly walk. I have COPD, arthritis (especially in my hands, feet, left knee and hip, lower back and left shoulder), fibromyalgia, asthma, sleep apneia and high blood pressure. I started out walking for very short periods of time and have gradually increased the time. I have to walk with a walker and my oxygen but I am now up to being able to walk up to 40 minutes at a time. There are some days when I just cannot do it, but I praise God for every day that I can. It beats just sitting around waiting to die! The walking has also helped raise my spirits. By the way I noticed on your profile you're a adoptive mom and I have 2 adopted children although they are now 42 and 23. I also have 2 bio. adult children. Keep working on your food and try to do what you can physically and you will succeed!

Christine
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In:

Sorry I've been MIA today, but we are gearing up for this stupid hurricane/tropical storm that is in the Gulf and I have a few of my family members who are evacuating out of Gulf Shores coming to crash a few days. I have spent my evening cleaning and washing clothes. I still have sooooo much to do, but at this point tonight, I'm just too tired.

I have a 25 minute run in the morning, but depending on how bad the weather is depends on if I go to the gym to run it or just run in place at the house. I'm hoping I can get to the gym, but we shall see.

I'll update tomorrow, given that we still have power and all that good stuff. Sorry so short! Hope everyone had a GREAT day! :)
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @raven – brothers have a strange way of being supportive :/ Mine just looks at me & says “well, it’s about time”. From him, that’s really high praise/support.
    @vickimieth Touche', lol. Guess we'd worry bout 'em otherwise.

Brothers- can't live with 'em and can't kill 'em lol!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    stress level is at meltdown as my son, dil and grandson are finsishing packing to move to the next province on thursday. My house has stuff and boxes everywhere. Trying to keep grandson busy so they can do what they need to. I am frustrated that i am not able to help due to recent surgery. Food intake and snacks is good during the day but falls apart in the evening.
    probably not going to be on here till friday. Then i will have a plan of activity posted on my fridge and only healthy food in my house as i will be the only one here......that will be a challenge in itself as i have never lived by myself before ( and i am 56)

where is grammywhammy??

keep on moving friends!!