Concealing & carrying pistols while running/working out

Options

Replies

• SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Dear God, running with knives and guns?!?!? What?!?

I am very glad I live in Europe!

^that^
    What a thing to have to thnk about!

That's it, i'm moving to europe. Can't wait to live in a place without crime.
    ...and hopefully we can teach you how to read over here because I never once said that Europe was crime free. I'll repeat that again, yes, we DO have crime in Europe. However, I live in a country in Europe where the police don't even carry guns, we don't have them in our homes, on our person,, I have never known anyone who owns a gun. There has never been a shooting in a school or university here. Nobody has ever gone stir-*kitten* crazy with a gun in a busy shopping mall... Do you think that's just a coincidence?
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    All you could have in the UK is a knife with a 3 inch blade and your locked shot gun case over your shoulder, with a large pocket for your license!
    I think pepper spray is illegal too (I may be wrong on this one), a base ball bat is considered a weapon if you can't prove you are using it for sport!

I for one am pleased about this!

I'm sorry you have to even ask the question! It has been interesting reading the replies, we certainly do live in a diverse world, don't we?!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't have a LTC but my husband does. He doesn't run but when we go for family walks, he carries it on his regular holster on his belt. I would suggest as bad as this sounds, getting something like a fanny pack for your weapon, wallet etc. I know it sounds gay but not many holsters would hold up well with running, unless you get a boot holster.
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Chances are that your gun would be used on you. Do you expect to draw and fire like in the movies? It's much better to go somewhere safe to run.

Hahahahaha
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Oh. My. Word. I can't believe so many people can even buy guns....no wonder guin crime is up in the US if guns seem to be given out to everyone. Very glad I live in UK!! Eeeeek!

My husband owns many guns. Each one he has had to have a background check on. Which is fine because he has to carry a gun for work and has gotten his armed guard license and been cleared thru the TSA. So no they don't "give them out to everyone"
  • zoeluiisa
    Options

^that^

Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Obviously we have crime. We just don't go round pointing guns at each other. Or mace, or tasers. All illegal... We're not even allowed to walk around with a knife unless there's a good reason.

It's just a totally different culture.

We are, however, allowed to drink in public places and sunbathe topless on the beach :)
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    For the Canadians and Europeans who cannot fathom running with a gun...

I live in the country. My neighbor is 1.5 miles away. I have seen alligator on the road, had dogs attacked by bobcats, and cattle dragged off by black bear. I have a 4 year old that sometimes runs with me. What would you suggest I carry? A knife? A taser? I don't want to give these things the opportunity to get that close.

Don't judge.

I'd like to know which part of the US has alligators, bobcats and black bear roaming the same countryside (and joggers with machetes, guns and pepper spray)....so i can never go there. cheers.

Florida...
  • hock1972
    Options
    Well, obviously, you can be assaulted anywhere. Some areas are higher risk than others and you need to use common sense. But, can you not drive to a nicer neaighborhood or park area and exercise. Or, find a partner to workout with. Odds on being attacked etc.... while not alone drop fairly significantly.

If you feel the need to run with a gun, I would think a chest holster would work best.
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didnt have time to read all the posts, however, if you choose to conceal, they (who they are I will have to look up and get back to you, try and internet search) make a shoulder strap harness, mostly for detectives, but they are secure enough to run with it comfortably strapped to your side. it doesn't rub unnecessarily, and with a smaller handgun (such as a sig p228 9mm or a springfield subcompact) you shouldnt have a problem.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If I'm just walking, any old holster will work. If I think I might be running for part of it, my belly band or a fanny pack tied tightly at the small of my waist works really well. The fanny pack has been my go to recently, as it has a nice little pocket on the front for my carry permit, as well as separate pockets for my cell phone, keys, and dog bags (my dogs run with me, too).
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other posts but to me this just seems so obsurd.. It's completely illegal to even own a pistol here let alone take one jogging, youd get arrested criminal record, and probably a very heavy fine!!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Uh... what?
  • rescue804
    Options
    I often carry a pistol when I walk and have found that a snug pocket holster is effective. It can be placed inside a pocket, waistband or secured to a belt. My greatest complaint is that body heat builds in the area of the holster and sweat will not evaporate from underneath it.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My mother, just got her conceal/carry and purchased her first gun. (Along with her crank radio....but thats another topic lol)

She is also an experienced runner - still running marathons, 10ks, etc. I plan to get here these for Christmas...as well as a pair for myself. I live in a downtown area, right next to the Dorathy Day center, which is a food shelter/homeless shelter. Id rather be safe, than sorry. (Not saying all homeless people are attackers, rapist, etc) I also love to run down by the river, which the paths twist and turn away from the city a bit and are secluded.

VR5K8695.jpg

http://www.undertechundercover.com/
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

^that^

Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Obviously we have crime. We just don't go round pointing guns at each other. Or mace, or tasers. All illegal... We're not even allowed to walk around with a knife unless there's a good reason.

We are, however, allowed to drink in public places and sunbathe topless on the beach :)

That's true, we do go waving that stuff around in public here in the colonies. Just the other day, I shocked the lady at the counter at McDonalds with my taser for trying to upsell me french fries. I'm trying to lose weight, damnit.

No, but seriously. Bad guy with a gleam in his eye has you backed into a corner.
    You have in your hand a choice of one of four items:

A. Mace
    B. Tazer (The neat kind that shoots prongs out)
    C. Firearm
    D. Nothing

Which do you pick?
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My brother in-law is military stationed in the moutains of Tennesse so he has to worry about wild animals on his runs. He carries his service weapon in a side holster out in the open for easier access. He also carries a knife strapped to his leg. He has never complained of problems with either one. Good luck.
  • ebony__
    Options
    Wow I'm shocked and amazed that people go running and walking with guns. Culture shock!!
  • ebony__
    Options

^that^

That's true, we do go waving that stuff around in public here in the colonies. Just the other day, I shocked the lady at the counter at McDonalds with my taser for trying to upsell me french fries. I'm trying to lose weight, damnit.

No, but seriously. Bad guy with a gleam in his eye has you backed into a corner.

A. Mace
    C. Firearm
    D. Nothing

Which do you pick?

A knee to the balls because it's not legal for me to carry any of that stuff

* don't crucify my if I'm wrong thats just what i think is the case here
  • zoeluiisa
    Options

^that^

A. Mace
    C. Firearm
    D. Nothing

Which do you pick?

Well, as said bad guy is likely to be bigger and stronger than me, I reckon the minute I reached for A. B or C he'd take it off me and I'd have just provided him with a weapon.

I'd rather use some neat self-defence move and then leg it - or try to avoid the situation in the first place.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

^that^

A. Mace
    C. Firearm
    D. Nothing

Which do you pick?

At least 90% of people will never be in that situation.