Foods you have 'discovered' on your way to healthier eating

Options

Replies

• Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash and broccoli slaw have not made their way to my neck of the woods yet..what are they?
  • SBlost
    Options
    Oh, and if you knew how they process "egg whites" and the rejected cracked, eggs that are used for these, you would never eat them again.

Deffinately makes me not ever want to eat them again!!!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    almond milk
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate! I never liked the bitterness... but now, I love it.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Definitely almond milk, greek yogurt, old-fashioned oats, hummus and natural peanut butter. I have quinoa on my grocery list for next week! Need to make it myself and see what I can do with it.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Almond butter! Uncured bacon (no sugary stuff)!! Bell peppers!

:-D
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles, Chia, and Greek Yogurt!
  • Ivana331
    Options
    I always liked almonds iin chocolate, but I love them even more plain and raw. Also, I was always eating the sugar junky ceeals, but now I love healthy cereals with blueberries, or strawberres mixed in. :)
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
    Believe it or not, I used to avoid it like the plague, mostly because I was never much of a fan of tomatoes, onions or peppers. Now, I put it on almost everything: Eggs, Hot Dog topping, Tacos, etc.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Humus is my newest addition to my diet.. I thought I disliked it but now I realize that I love it!! :)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers & Tribe sweet roasted red pepper hummus together! So delicious :P

Also laughing cow cheese wedges
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love edamame!
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    DURIAN! I had never even seen these in the stores before! I finally had one at a friends house the other day (and she told me where to shop hehe)! I have never tasted anything soo delectable! It's one of the higher fatty fruits though, so I did try not to over-indulge. Just had half of one hahahahahah! ;)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    brown rice, zucchini, red/green peppers, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, onions.
  • Kim0393
    Kim0393 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing Grass powder, Chia Seeds, Quinoa, Protein Powder, Pb2, Greek Yogurt, Spaghetti Squash, Cauliflower Crust Pizza, natural peanut and almond Butter, Almond milk, xanthan gum, Quest bars, coconut oil, and couscous.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, red bell peppers, cucumbers, and using hummus instead of mayo on sandwiches. I have also enjoyed using healthier alternatives in everyday cooking and baking... i.e; using greek yogurt instead of sour cream and applesauce instead of oil.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started eating Tilapia which is really good and healthy.
    Also, I have Oral Allergy Syndrome, so fruits & veggies were always a problem for me. I now can eat salad, carrots, grapes, apples.
    Love tuna fish, and I just recently came across Bumble Bee's premium tunas w/ flavors (jalapeno, sun dried tomato, etc) soooooo good mixed in my salads

Hummus is also really tasty

The list can probably go on and on

I went to look up Oral allergy Syndrome and realized that is what I have!!!! I must be allergic to grass pollen because I can't eat tomatoes or melons (avocado either but that wasn't listed). Well, thank you very much for teaching me something new today!!!
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Roasted cruciferous veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.

They are completely transformed and utterly delicious when sprinkled with kosher salt, pepper, and few tablespoons of olive oil and then roasted at 400ish for 20 to 35 minutes.

The florets of the broccoli are the least forgiving so start checking that early so as not to char them too much.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Salmon patties from Costco. YUM! And fresh fruits/veggies to excess. I honestly didn't' realize how many of them you could eat without going over calories!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OLIVES!!!!!!!!