Women - Farting, Pooping, and more in front of men...

Options

Replies

• ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    we have an open door policy at home, that means no door is ever closed including the private bathroom.

The only time we will close a bathroom door is if company is over.

My husband, Son & I all go to the toilet, shower, brush teeth, whatever with the door open & someone can come & brush their teeth whilst soemone else is in the shower, or have a wee whilst someone is having a bath. Usually will wait till others are out oft he room to poo purely for the odour factor but again, not something any of us get stressy about. If I need a shower & son is letting one go then I go ahead & shower. It will probably become more private as he gets older but atm he is only 5 & thankfully has no hang ups about the body or bodily functions but as he gets older, if he wants more privacy then we will give it to him but me & hubby will still wee, poo, fart, shower & what not in front of each other.

Oh & our "ravishing" sex life hasn't suffered, in fact having a laugh mid sex over a fanny (UK version) fart just creates even more intimacy & it's not like either of us have any control over THAT.

agreed, our sex life hasn't suffered a bit. actually when i got with my bf he told me to fart in front of him. he says he thinks its sexy for a girl to be themselves. Why should I have to hide those things when men can do it freely?
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    its natural people, get over it

Such a lovely, tolerant attitude :)
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

I mean for real? Do you stop yourself from sneezing infront of them? or coughing? how about when you're sick, do you make sure you don't throw up in front of them? Come on, It's life. If they can't accept you for who you are, HUMAN, then they need to grow up.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have to agree 100% with the original person who started this post! I do not do these thing in front of my husband either and we have been in a relationship for close to 17 years. In all fairness though there are a few factors I consider; (1) I don't find these things sexy and I want to continue to have the ravishing sex life that we still have after all these years. (2) My husband doesn't do these things in front of me. In fact a few times in the last few years he has woken up out of a dead sleep with gas and apologized because it is just not in his nature. He is very well manner gentleman (especially for being a SSGT in the Army lol). (3) These bodily functions are just that facts of life that are a necessity and though in some instances they can be funny (the comment earlier about it happening during sex made me puke a bit in mouth mouth with the visual but it was funny) they just aren't my humor. But for those of you who love it keep on dutch oven'in it up! :)

How would farting in front of your husband ruin your "ravishing sex life"? :huh:

People can have manners and still be able to relax and let a fart go, you know.

Going to have to agree with you there. Been married for 16 years & well we 'let it rip' when the need arises & ou sex lie is just as good as the day we met...... blastingly great..... no pun intended.

Farting in front of your SO does not ruin a sex life.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It's down to the individual but I would be concerned if my husband or bf was making it a "thing" that I couldn't pass wind in front of them. If I chose to try to cover up the idea of me farting then that's my choice but if a man told me it was not acceptable I would likely tire of that attitude pretty quickly.

I just prefer to live without leavig the room, opening a window or pretending I'm having a wee whenever I pass wind. It must be exhausting & as I've been with hubby for 12 years & he's watched a human being come out of my vagina it seems a bit pointless.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I have to agree 100% with the original person who started this post! I do not do these thing in front of my husband either and we have been in a relationship for close to 17 years. In all fairness though there are a few factors I consider; (1) I don't find these things sexy and I want to continue to have the ravishing sex life that we still have after all these years. (2) My husband doesn't do these things in front of me. In fact a few times in the last few years he has woken up out of a dead sleep with gas and apologized because it is just not in his nature. He is very well manner gentleman (especially for being a SSGT in the Army lol). (3) These bodily functions are just that facts of life that are a necessity and though in some instances they can be funny (the comment earlier about it happening during sex made me puke a bit in mouth mouth with the visual but it was funny) they just aren't my humor. But for those of you who love it keep on dutch oven'in it up! :)

How would farting in front of your husband ruin your "ravishing sex life"? :huh:

People can have manners and still be able to relax and let a fart go, you know.

Going to have to agree with you there. Been married for 16 years & well we 'let it rip' when the need arises & ou sex lie is just as good as the day we met...... blastingly great..... no pun intended.

Farting in front of your SO does not ruin a sex life.

Exactly. Its life.
    if farting is going to destroy your sex life, your partner is a damn child
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    It's down to the individual but I would be concerned if my husband or bf was making it a "thing" that I couldn't pass wind in front of them. If I chose to try to cover up the idea of me farting then that's my choice but if a man told me it was not acceptable I would likely tire of that attitude pretty quickly.

I just prefer to live without leavig the room, opening a window or pretending I'm having a wee whenever I pass wind. It must be exhausting & as I've been with hubby for 12 years & he's watched a human being come out of my vagina it seems a bit pointless.
    AMEN!!
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    As for the whole pooping/farting thing, as I told a former boyfriend once when he chastised me for being unladylike, "neither is sucking a d!ck, but you don't complain about that!" So, yeah...:angry:
    [/quote]

That's awesome! LMAO!!!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    As for the whole pooping/farting thing, as I told a former boyfriend once when he chastised me for being unladylike, "neither is sucking a d!ck, but you don't complain about that!" So, yeah...:angry:

That's awesome! LMAO!!!
    [/quote]

Brilliant.
  • sparklelioness
    Options

Its not 'exhausting' though, as i pointed out in my original post. It takes almost no effort. I'm not holding it in to the point of cramps-if you have to you have to, but how the hell is turning up the radio, opening a window, or going pee 'exhausting'? Unless you're farting like 20 times a day i guess. I just dont do it that much.

What i find interesting in this thread is the condescension and need to put someone down if they have a different take on it than you do. If you like to fart in front of yr partner, knock yourself out. I do what feels right for me. :)
  • sparklelioness
    Options

I mean for real? Do you stop yourself from sneezing infront of them? or coughing? how about when you're sick, do you make sure you don't throw up in front of them? Come on, It's life. If they can't accept you for who you are, HUMAN, then they need to grow up.

I think you've completely missed my point, to be honest. The other things you mentioned-no, i dont stop those things. Farts are different TO ME. you know, individuality, everyone has different preferences and tolerances? Also, when did i ever say my bf had a problem with it? Ive farted in front of him before, he's never said something or asked me not to. If anything he probly just laughed. Its ME making this decision, not him. Can you understand that?

So much animosity over someone elses personal choices. Do you see me condescending to you because you fart in front of your man? No. Go ahead, do you. But let me do me.
  • beccyleigh
    Options

Its not 'exhausting' though, as i pointed out in my original post. It takes almost no effort. I'm not holding it in to the point of cramps-if you have to you have to, but how the hell is turning up the radio, opening a window, or going pee 'exhausting'? Unless you're farting like 20 times a day i guess. I just dont do it that much.

What i find interesting in this thread is the condescension and need to put someone down if they have a different take on it than you do. If you like to fart in front of yr partner, knock yourself out. I do what feels right for me. :)

I personally would find it exhausting to make up pee breaks or some pretense to open a window. I'm not farting all day but would find wanting to do this even once a day tiring. Not physically either.

But fyi, I didn't read the original thread, just posted an opinion, you know, as you do on a forum. If you think you are being condescended to then sorry about that, I just offered my view that being disingenuous to hide a fart is a bit weird.

But well done for being so enlightened not to judge those who have no hangups about natural bodily functions. (slowly claps hands.)
  • Maria_81
    Options
    LOL! hey when you got to go, you got to go! For the record, I've never done this, but if you're comfortable I don't see a problem. LOL
  • cblevitron
    Options
    In just over a year I've farted in front on my boyfriend twice. We live together. I hate feeling like I can't do that in front of him, because he certainly has no shame, but in my home my mother didn't fart in front of my father until they were married for fifteen years. I can't poop if there are people around. I've recently come to terms with the fact that I poop and other people know I poop.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Seriously? LOL!

After reading this, I found these posts on Infomercial-H3ll.

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/almighty-cleanse/
    http://www.infomercial-hell.com/dual-action-cleanse/
  • sparklelioness
    Options

I personally would find it exhausting to make up pee breaks or some pretense to open a window. I'm not farting all day but would find wanting to do this even once a day tiring. Not physically either.

But fyi, I didn't read the original thread, just posted an opinion, you know, as you do on a forum. If you think you are being condescended to then sorry about that, I just offered my view that being disingenuous to hide a fart is a bit weird.

But well done for being so enlightened not to judge those who have no hangups about natural bodily functions. (slowly claps hands.)

Well done for totally making up a viewpoint i dont even hold. I don't look down on anyone. Since you're slow at reading comprehension, I'll say it again: i don't care if you or anyone likes farting in front of their partner. I don't like doing it in front of mine. Simple as. Think real hard, and get back to me when you understand what I'm saying. There. There's some condescension for you :)

Or are you still slow clapping there alone in front of your computer?
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

I think you've completely missed my point, to be honest. The other things you mentioned-no, i dont stop those things. Farts are different TO ME. you know, individuality, everyone has different preferences and tolerances? Also, when did i ever say my bf had a problem with it? Ive farted in front of him before, he's never said something or asked me not to. If anything he probly just laughed. Its ME making this decision, not him. Can you understand that?

So much animosity over someone elses personal choices. Do you see me condescending to you because you fart in front of your man? No. Go ahead, do you. But let me do me.

wasn't being condescending. I just find it pointless to try and hide natural things. life happens. and to the original poster of this thread, to say they have better relationships and sex life than people who do these things in front of their men is ridiculous. my sex life is great as is my ability to hold the relationship together. The original post was condescending from point 1 is all i'm trying to get accross, just wasn't clear on that I guess. I used to be like you and hide it, but my bf practically made me start doing it in front of him.
  • beccyleigh
    Options

Well done for totally making up a viewpoint i dont even hold. I don't look down on anyone. Since you're slow at reading comprehension, I'll say it again: i don't care if you or anyone likes farting in front of their partner. I don't like doing it in front of mine. Simple as. Think real hard, and get back to me when you understand what I'm saying. There. There's some condescension for you :)

what a sensitive sally you are. fart, don't fart, no one gives a fart about it. you are the one making an issue over it. my reading comprehension is just fine but as said (which you clearly missed) I didn't read your opening post so have no idea why you have these issues with bodily functions but find it weird that you do. If you think being condescending is impressive you clearly have bigger issues than whether or not you can pass wind in front of another human being.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    lol. My boyfriend is my best friend. Of course I fart and poop in front of him... I wouldn't be with someone I wasn't comfortable enough to do that with.
  • sparklelioness
    Options

what a sensitive sally you are. fart, don't fart, no one gives a fart about it. you are the one making an issue over it. my reading comprehension is just fine but as said (which you clearly missed) I didn't read your opening post so have no idea why you have these issues with bodily functions but find it weird that you do. If you think being condescending is impressive you clearly have bigger issues than whether or not you can pass wind in front of another human being.

Oh blah blah blah.

I swear, some of you jump at any chance to feel even slightly superior over another human being. What's it like to be like that?

Its not about comfort, hesn92. My bf doesnt care if i fart in front of him-me not doing it has nothing to do with him. As i said above, he mostly just laughs if i happen to fart in front of him. He doesnt make me feel uncomfortable. I prefer not to fart in front of him. Its just a preference for me, personally. Alas, i think certain people on this thread don't want to hear me-its easier to grab onto that miniscule sliver of a reason to feel superior, and say 'well i would NEVER be with a guy i didnt feel comfortable enough to....' Nevermind that i didnt say that.

I think I'll leave you guys to your game of one upmanship. Tho i fear what'll happen when I'm gone-who will you feel superior over, and how will you validate your relationship?

Maybe you guys can count up the amount of times you've farted in front of your partners-the one with the most farts is CLEARLY the most comfortable! Or you could each eat beans and other bad smell inducing foods, or fart in your partners faces-the girl who farts in her bf's face the most times WINS. And clearly has the best relationship. GO! :)