Over 200 Club New Year New Body Part 5

Options

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    check in:

calories: perfect, not a calorie to spare! (OK I was 3 calories under LOL)
    water: 64+
    exercise: 40 mins bike plus arm work
    proud: my drama from yesterday subsided and the results actually were not as bad as I had thought - the little boy with the family troubles who stole from me was not suspended, which is what I wanted but my boss was in disagreement (long story but trust me - he would NOT have benefitted from a suspension right now - his house is too violent). PLUS I had two colleagues tell me that I am disappearing before their eyes! :bigsmile:
    scale: no peekie

Ladies, only 42 more pounds and I get to use my HRM!!! :flowerforyou:
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    check in:

calories: perfect, not a calorie to spare! (OK I was 3 calories under LOL)
    water: 64+
    exercise: 40 mins bike plus arm work
    proud: my drama from yesterday subsided and the results actually were not as bad as I had thought - the little boy with the family troubles who stole from me was not suspended, which is what I wanted but my boss was in disagreement (long story but trust me - he would NOT have benefitted from a suspension right now - his house is too violent). PLUS I had two colleagues tell me that I am disappearing before their eyes! :bigsmile:
    scale: no peekie

Ladies, only 42 more pounds and I get to use my HRM!!! :flowerforyou:

Good job!!!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    now the baby has an ear infection, i am sick with a cold...just so tired. its been a tough week for me. Lost all my motivation and drive for the time being. I have been under calories but water intake is down and no excercise since wed =^(

here is my check in for tonight:
    calories- under
    water- no, but i am going to try to get it all in (might help my throat)
    excercise- no
    sodium- 1550
    proud- that i took a nap instead of cleaning the house, finally put myself first!!

we are supposed to get 18-24 inches of snow so I told BF Id help him shovel, that will be good excercise. But the cabin fever is sure to make me hungry :grumble:

hope every one has a good night

Cris
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What a great week gals. Pat yourself on the back for all the good things you did for yourself this week.

Calories: yes
    Water: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Scale: YES
    Sodium: over
    Proud: I was ticked that I only lost .4 this week, as I thought about it I will take a lose over a gain. I am staying very consistent with calories and exercise and it will pay off.

Have a great weekend all!
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im a little upset with myself bc I went over my calories today... first time since I joined this site. :sad: but I had lunch with my brother than I never see bc we work opposite schedules...

Calories: over
    water: on target:happy:
    exercise:zero
    proud: that I gave in to spend some time with my older bro... even though I went over on caleries...

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day. My oldest(5) has a bday party to go to. So I got one of the daycare teachers to keep my younger 2 so I would be able to play the games with him and spend some one on one time. I know, kinda sad that I didnt think I could handle my 3 kids in a loud party place by myself. I just really think he needs 1 on 1 time..maybe it will help his behavior at daycare... that or it will just backfire on me and he will be 10 times worse:grumble:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ok gals I need some help here!!! I know everyone has different ideas on eating exercise calories.Some of you eat them and some of you don't I am not seeing results like I was before when I was losing big time (like you jbl) .So give me ideas on how you guys are losing 3-4 pounds a week.Are you eating exercise calories are you working out harder? What't the deal?I am trying to eat healthier and stay away from junk and exercise for at least an hour every night but I feel like I am stuck.I was down to 229 yesterday and I am back up to 235 this morning.I know I shouldn't obsess about the scales but I like weighing myself everyday to keep me accountable.So you gals that have been losing steadily each week give me some tips.(jbl,jenn,coloradogirl,momma,bluenote,etc) I want to get back to losing completely and not gaining and losing the same 5 or 6 pounds.HELP!!!I should say that MFP has me at 1370 calories a day without exercise cals
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I went out with the girls last night and I was bad. I guess that since I was good at getting in between 35-55 minutes of sweat intensive cardio this week I'm not going to call it a BAD week... and I surely didn't go over more than maintenance calories but I feel like I'm going to fail my first short term goal:cry:

Part of my challenge is that I've had a bunch of morning events that push back on my exercise time. I going to work harder this week to protect my mornings so that I can stay on the elliptical machine for a minimum of 50 minutes (45 minutes in my heart range). I'd like to have 5 days of good aerobic workouts - on Saturdays I am trying to build in an endurance day where I'm in my heart range (maybe not up above 85%) for at least 90 minutes to 120 minutes. Sundays are going to be my recovery days.

During the week I'm climbing stairs for no more than a few minutes at a time - which seems to be more of a strength building activity for me at the moment. I fatigue through the day to the point where I can't make it up as far without stopping - that makes me think it's strength building?

AND - good days or bad days I'm going to cut out my :sad: wine:sad: on Mondays and Wednesdays, and maybe Sundays. I would like to eat under my calories at about 1000 calories three days and at my calories (including my exercise calories) the rest of the week.

I have to be realistic about the nights I'm having people over, and the nights we go over to the in-laws. I can control things to a limit but what ever happens it won't be a 400 calorie meal:sick:

I also decided to keep taking my water pill (lasix) since going off of it put so much water back on my that my eyes looked puffy (ew) and the scale did:devil: evil :devil: things to my poor weak mind!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OMG we're already to part 6 huh! I'm out of touch, but for good reasons. We won a big client at work and they put me on as the project manager, (which is kudos to me). Unfortunately though, alot of my time has been preparing for our first meeting with them next week. Once the meeting is over, things will get back to a more normal level for me and I'll be back on regularly. I've been stressed (a good stressed) about too, so you can only imagine what that's done for my eating. But I've only really gone off track just this past week.
  • llowry
    Options
    checking in for yesterday
    calories-under
    excercise-none
    water-under by alot
    proud-that I was under on my calories, and that I had a loss even after the wedding and birthday party!:drinker: :happy:
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    how do you make mini goals and to post them under your post? And the lil tracker thing?

I guess we will be staying home today... My oldest threw up at sometime during the night :frown: and didnt tell me about it... so when I went to get him some clothes to wear today I saw it. Mind you he has been ALL over the baby and in his face and everything... That kinda makes me mad.. I just hope the baby doesnt get sick. My baby told me I could go get an IPhone since this site has an application for it. I guess he is trying to make up for laughing at me the other day :tongue: Does anyone use the application for this site?
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    how do you make mini goals and to post them under your post? And the lil tracker thing?
    Good Morning Tiger!

You make the ticker for your weight in the "tools" section, and your mini goals and stuff you put in your signature (where you'll add the code for your ticker).

I don't have the iPhone application but I hear its pretty slick!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies.

Calories: 1382
    Exercise: 20 minutes stationary bike and lots of jumping/running in place trying to keep warm
    Water: at least 10 cups
    Sodium: 1803mg
    Proud: Woohoo?

Was I the biggest loser this week or are we waiting for more folks to check in?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Okay, I don't have a creative challenge so if I'm the BL, this week's challenge will be to get at LEAST 30 minutes of cardio *every day* It can be 30 minutes at once (ideal), 15 and 15, or even 10, 10, and 10, just keep moving!

Has lildebbie gone AWOL? :frown:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ok gals I need some help here!!! I know everyone has different ideas on eating exercise calories.Some of you eat them and some of you don't I am not seeing results like I was before when I was losing big time (like you jbl) .So give me ideas on how you guys are losing 3-4 pounds a week.Are you eating exercise calories are you working out harder? What't the deal?I am trying to eat healthier and stay away from junk and exercise for at least an hour every night but I feel like I am stuck.I was down to 229 yesterday and I am back up to 235 this morning.I know I shouldn't obsess about the scales but I like weighing myself everyday to keep me accountable.So you gals that have been losing steadily each week give me some tips.(jbl,jenn,coloradogirl,momma,bluenote,etc) I want to get back to losing completely and not gaining and losing the same 5 or 6 pounds.HELP!!!I should say that MFP has me at 1370 calories a day without exercise cals
  • southpawed
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to MFP! :wink:

A little about me .. I'm 35, been married for 14 1/2 years, have an 8 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. We moved to Texas 17 months ago from Rhode Island and love it here. I haven't been overweight my whole life, it started when I was 25ish. I found out 10 years ago that I have hypothyroidism and have been taking Synthroid ever since. My levels never seem to balance and it's annoying!

I FINALLY put my foot down December 10th of 2008 that I was DONE being overweight! My starting weight was 275 and I am currently 230. For a few months now, I was slacking on the exercise, still watching what I eat but not as good as I should. I didn't gain any of the weight back that I had lost, but now seem to be stuck at this weight. But now, I am BACK and ready to get the rest of this weight OFF! I have 50 lbs to go and am hoping it just falls off! (hey we all have dreams right?! lol)

** for the checking in .. is that just on Fridays or everyday? **

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
    ~ Billie :smile:
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options

I know you weren't asking me, but just my two cents- I was losing the most when I was eating most of my exercise calories. That being said, I am careful to only enter the exercise calories I am pretty sure I burned through real aerobic exercise (breathing hard and sweating) rather than the misc activities I might count as exercise because it's activity like cleaning, shopping or walking at lunch if I don't break a sweat. I found out that MFP WAY WAY WAY over-estimated my calorie burn on the elliptical machine so now I am faithfully using my heart rate monitor for aerobic exercise- to count calories burned.

Hope that helps!
  • awestfall
    Options

I know you weren't asking me, but just my two cents- I was losing the most when I was eating most of my exercise calories. That being said, I am careful to only enter the exercise calories I am pretty sure I burned through real aerobic exercise (breathing hard and sweating) rather than the misc activities I might count as exercise because it's activity like cleaning, shopping or walking at lunch if I don't break a sweat. I found out that MFP WAY WAY WAY over-estimated my calorie burn on the elliptical machine so now I am faithfully using my heart rate monitor for aerobic exercise- to count calories burned.

Hope that helps!
    Oh no Mstahl I was asking everyone!!! Whoever wanted to give advice!! I just listed off a few but I really appreciate your advice.I think I may have to invest in a HRM because I feel like my weight is not coming off despite how hard I am working.So I think I may need to start eating my exercise caloriesThanks again for your advice it really does help.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    awestfall -- I promise I'm not ignoring you. I've had a really rough day (not health related) and I haven't had a chance to sit down to really think about how to answer the question but I promise I'll let you know what I'm doing as soon as I have a few spare minute (should be later tonight). :smile: But for now, I've gotta get my run in (which, I think, is a big part of my progress/success :wink:).
  • llowry
    Options
    If I change my beginning weight to what it is now and change my ticker will it keep my beginning weight in here somewhere? So, I can keep up with it. I think I'm gonna change up abit and excercise, count calories and drink my water during the week and take off on the weekends. The weekends are just too frustrating for me, because I never know what is gonna take place or where we will be. Thanks for the support!! All of you ladies are awesome!:love:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    this week has been so bad for me I just feel so emotionally and physically drained. Between rough patch with BF, a sick 1yr old, and my friend's death I am really surprised that I havent jumped off the wagon.

here is my check in for today:
    2/6/10
    calories- over by 99...which kind of puts a damper on my plan to under eat today since I was going to eat/drink poorly during super bowl
    water- will get it all in by end of the night
    excercise- shoveled snow, that def made me sweat (we got over 2 feet)
    sodium 2300+
    proud- that i only drank one beer when normally I would have drank a lot more, and proud that I have stuck to my program overall

good night ladies!!

cris