Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• Leeska
    Options
    I just got my 6th on Saturday. All of mine have a personal meaning to me and I would suggest the same. Getting some random tattoo that has no personal meaning just makes no sense to me. But go for it!
  • carolina_brandy
    Options
    Tattoos are a personal preference! I have 2 small tattoos and I love both of them but they both have special meaning. I have 4 puppy paws on my ankle (hurt like hell) for my 4 baby dogs and then i have 2 hearts on my wrist for my mom... I would suggest you take your time, research what you want, even draw it on and leave it for a day or two and make sure its EXACTLY what you want and where you want it....... if so, then go for it. Good luck!
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I love tattoos. I have 4 myself and I am planning on getting more. Tattoos are great. But what matters is your thoughts. If it's what you want to do and it has meaning to you, go for it.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I love tats, especially discrete ones. I would honestly never got something that didn't mean a lot to me. I also wouldn't get one that's on my arms/neck, etc for employment purposes.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    absolutely yes ,like johnny depp said , my body is my journal and my tattoos my story !!

you should not worry about what other people think about it , they are personal. if you like them go for it, i have 2 ( one is a whole half sleeve) and i dont regret a single ink drop of them
  • AHudson06
    Options
    I have tattoos, but I think it's totally personal preference. Define yourself, don't let others define you! If you think you might like a tattoo, then don't worry about what others think! Do it for yourself. I think your tattoo idea sounds great! If you choose to get it then I hope you love it! =)
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and double yes. I have 7 and and planing on finishing my sleeve and moving onto a chest piece. Just do it, no regrets!
  • jlynn473
    Options
    I love tattoos! I have 4 myself. It's all a matter of personal opinion. I love the fact that each tattoo I have has a story or significance to me. That's what a tattoo is - a reflection of who you are, and they tell stories about times of your life.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - go for it. Your body is your canvas.
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    I say yes for sure as I already have a few myself xP Make sure it means something to you though, nothing's worse than a meaningless tattoo!

^^This for sure! I have two, and am in the process of designing a third one. Make sure as well that it is somewhere that it can be easily covered. Sadly, a lot of employers will discriminate against you if you have a visible tattoo, regardless of how tasteful it is. Do your research as well on local artists, and go in and meet them first. If you don't like their vibe, don't go there.
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have many and love all of them, even the ones I got when I was young and didn't quite think it through. They are all part of me...but the fact that you are unsure enough to ask us on MFP mean you probably need to mull it over a little more. When you are 100% sure and have the image ready you should go for it.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have three, one on each ankle and one on my inner wrist. Planning on getting another in a couple of months. Love them! I don't think it's "taboo" for women to get inked like it was years ago...
  • athenagv
    Options
    Yes! I have 3!! As w/ previous comments...go to a reputable artist! u dont want some amature practicing on u! and make sure its where u want it and what u really want! it has to have some kind of a meaning to u and think in the future. is this really what i want and where i want it!
    just an example...my first one was at 16! my mom made sure its what i wanted, but asked me several times "are u sure thats where you want it!?" "think of how u dress and when you get a good job!!" of course....i was dead set!!! fast forward.....I'm 28 now....i still love what my tat is...but i Hate where it is.....on my right leg, above my ankle to the side...is a huge killer whale!
    i think im pretty, i love dresses and skirts, and i have a very sophisticated style......a killer whale on an attractive woman in a sexy dress.....just isnt sexy or attractive!!!
    so just think long and hard!!!
    hope u make some great choices and good luck! :)
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    they can be good or bad...
    i have 12 and like them all but other people might (probably do) hate them
    just make sure you are 100% sure, they are for life..
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Getting my second one next week :) Both represent recovering from depression so they're very meaningful to me.
  • xxempress
    Options
    Skin, color, size, wtf ever your concern is none of mine.
    I love ink & tons of it!!! Nothing more sexy than a babe with beautiful ink &strong reasons why she's been under the needle. Visit the islands &you'll see bombshells pulling off the most SICK a55 pieces, EVER.
  • agsears
    Options
    Skin, color, size, wtf ever your concern is none of mine.
    I love ink & tons of it!!! Nothing more sexy than a babe with beautiful ink &strong reasons why she's been under the needle. Visit the islands &you'll see bombshells pulling off the most SICK a55 pieces, EVER.

Women with tattoos! <3
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yes please.
  • EphieGee
    Options
    I love to see women rocking a sleeve of tattoo's...maybe because i'd never have the guts to do it myself :,)

On men the more ink the better, Arms, back, chest, stomach, neck... all awesome and beautiful.
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask anyone if you should get a tattoo, then you're not ready for it.