Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm, I can eat cake tooooo!
    tks!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    bump. i'm gonna try making this tonight. :)
  • mikeandbrandie
    Options
    bump
  • Keltinator
    Options
    i made cupcakes with yellow cake and sprite zero (and i did use egg whites) and they were delicious! my family loved them, and they couldn't tell why they tasted kind of different in a good way (i didn't tell them i skipped the oil you're supposed to put in). this recipe is definately a winner :)
  • blondie76
    Options
    I have also made a spice cake and used a can of pumpkin. Nothing else, just a can of pumpkin. It is yummy. If you make the coke cake and put it in muffin cups you really don't need any frosting. My grandsons love the cupcakes.

just to ask a dumb question just the mix and can of pumpkin, nothing else???
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • colliflower
    colliflower Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump!! :happy:
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MMLong3996
    Options
    Yep! Just those two items. That's an old WW recipe. :) And very yummy!
    I have also made a spice cake and used a can of pumpkin. Nothing else, just a can of pumpkin. It is yummy. If you make the coke cake and put it in muffin cups you really don't need any frosting. My grandsons love the cupcakes.

• canadagirl79
    Options
    i read somewhere else that some people will put 1 to 2 egg whites in there soda cake...does anyone do this, and which seems better?
  • featherrs
    featherrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump:tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere else that some people will put 1 to 2 egg whites in there soda cake...does anyone do this, and which seems better?

I've made several of these, both with eggs and without, sometimes the lack of eggs makes for a flatter cake. It varies by the brand of cake, so sometimes no eggs=just fine.
    Since 2 egg whites add only 34 calories to the entire cake, I use them, they are fluffiness-insurance :bigsmile:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I made a root beer float cake for my son's first birthday. Rootbeer w/chocolate cake, and vanilla icing. Yum!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    *dp*
  • blondie76
    Options
    Yep! Just those two items. That's an old WW recipe. :) And very yummy!

thanks, will try!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    okay everyone..i'm in the process of making a devil's food with diet pepsi.....also added 2 egg whites to make them fluffy...which has luckily....but when i tried one, it was like all i tasted was the "fizz" from the pop....is this what they normall taste like?? lol
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    did you taste the batter, or the finished product?
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    both...the batter tasted sensible...the cupcake was ok too but it just felt like i was tasting a lot of the fizz and the asp.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    phew...i feel a little dizzy LOL...don't know if it's the asp. or if i'm just paranoid :S