Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lmackbethl
    Options
    Friday fitness -- really struggling with this. No more swimming this year :( and I think it's going to be too cold for the kayak this weekend. My heels still prevent walking. I hate the gym. Perhaps I'll pull out the Wii Fit.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @Toots: Are you a published Author? If, so what kind of books? I :heart: Stephen King...( KInd of Sadistic, I know..:blushing: ) but he scares me to death...Love that!

I am published and occasionally i even write horror but my published books are romance. i also write YA, or young adult books. it's hard to break in there though. and i'm starting my foray into inspirational (or religious) romantic comedies this fall.

do you use a pen name? I will look for your work...Love to read on my nook

i will PM you. i don't really like having my pen name related with my real name in public.

I'd be interested as well :) LOVE reading!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My knee replacement surgery has been scheduled for October 15. Don't like to wish my life away, but I will be glad when it is over!

My mom had it done and she's a new woman! It really took all her pain away and gave her so much freedom. Best of luck and we'll be praying/thinking about you!
    Thanks for the encouragement. DH had it done about 4 years ago, and it sure did do him a lot of good. His is really good. I am having the same surgeon.
  • ohpampered1
    ohpampered1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness....none today, I was sent home from work I was only there for an hour, I got stung by a wasp last week and now I have cellulite. I went to the Dr's and got meds. but my leg is looking bad, now I'm just trying to stay out of the hospital. I have to keep my leg above my heart until it get better. On a good note I was under in my calories today. :happy:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Toots: Are you a published Author? If, so what kind of books? I :heart: Stephen King...( KInd of Sadistic, I know..:blushing: ) but he scares me to death...Love that!

I am published and occasionally i even write horror but my published books are romance. i also write YA, or young adult books. it's hard to break in there though. and i'm starting my foray into inspirational (or religious) romantic comedies this fall.

do you use a pen name? I will look for your work...Love to read on my nook

i will PM you. i don't really like having my pen name related with my real name in public.

I'd be interested as well :) LOVE reading!

hehe me too toots!!!! very cool!
  • naceto
    Options

@naceto::: I am nervous about the schedule and schooling itself and just nervous in general. But I know everything will be fine! And I know I will feel proud of myself as you do! Congrats to you for going to school! What are you going for? Once I take my testing I am going to figure out what classes I need and hopefully get some more help from financial aid.
    As sad as it is to say it, for this moment I wish I was single mom because my whole school would be paid for I know it. But I’m blessed with my family and wouldn’t trade it for the world!

I am so excited for you!!! I am working on first my associates in business admin... but I may decide to change course. I told myself if I could get through the first year, then I can do or be whatever I want.... it is never too late, in my mind.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Kaye I am sure when you get that knee surgery done it will be a great relief for you. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Today was a good day but after yesterday the work week just caught up with me. At one point in the afternoon I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere and take a nap.

Looking forward to my weekend off. Taking my daughter to the Highland Games at the fairgrounds.

Friday Fitness-- is just to keep walking Bella and cleaning house.

Wishing everyone a good evening

Liz
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, as I have been missing for a while, but I have continued to log and exercise.
    I will catch up with the posts over the next few days. However, now it is time to get ready as I am going for a trial session at a new gym today...as I have cancelled my membership at my old gym.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hrmm. I thought I posted yesterday, but I can't see it now. Just a very quick check in because I have a pile of errands to run; personals next time. I ran my second Ease Into 5K run this morning and it felt great -- helps that it's a really lovely day here today, cool and sunny. Still only 'running' for 60 seconds at a time but it felt pretty easy. The route I ran today has a little hill in it as well (because I want to incorporate some running uphills, and some speed training, naturally into my running). I'm going to skip just one workout and go to week 2 day 1 on Tuesday; I don't think I need to do a third run at exactly the same level. This is all a lot easier than the last time I tried running, and I think I've benefited a lot from three months of daily cardio. I did badminton as cross yesterday, and have badminton in the diary tomorrow (with the kids) and Monday (just with hubby again). Dance tomorrow as well. We are dancing at the Pearly Kings & Queens Harvest Festival, which sounds like a blast really.

NSV for this week is definitely running again! I'm so excited about getting back into it; keep thinking about whether I could do Park Runs, or go to the shop that I won the half marathon entries and join in their beginner run.

Sugar macros -- I've concluded that MFP's sugar macros are broken. It suggests my sugar baseline should be 30g -- this compares to the UK recommended limit of 90g. I've been finding I go over the MFP target level for sugar, even without eating any added sugar, or foods with added sugar in them. Yesterday, I had skimmed milk in coffee, a banana, and the sugar in carrots, onion, celery and potatoes, and I went over the limit. I think that's just silly, really. So I've adjusted the target up to 60g, which should be a good balance between 'don't drink a bucket of Coke' and 'don't eat a piece of fruit'.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
  • naceto
    Options

Sugar macros -- I've concluded that MFP's sugar macros are broken. It suggests my sugar baseline should be 30g -- this compares to the UK recommended limit of 90g. I've been finding I go over the MFP target level for sugar, even without eating any added sugar, or foods with added sugar in them. Yesterday, I had skimmed milk in coffee, a banana, and the sugar in carrots, onion, celery and potatoes, and I went over the limit. I think that's just silly, really. So I've adjusted the target up to 60g, which should be a good balance between 'don't drink a bucket of Coke' and 'don't eat a piece of fruit'.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

I am ALWAYS over on my sugar... even when I don't have any "added" sugar. I have decided that if I am eating mostly the sugar in fruits and veggies, I won't worry too much. Of course lately, my sugar has been a bit more "added". :tongue: but I am working on that.
  • pattynava
    Options
    @Toots: :blushing: Hope all the interest is ok...
    @RobinsEgg: Prayers to you...:heart: I hope shoulder starts to feel better!:flowerforyou:
    @MOwMoW: Thanks for the bday wishes:flowerforyou: Turning 40 wasn't a big deal...turning 30...freaked me OUT!
    @Tina: Congrats on going back to school! You'll do great on your test:flowerforyou:
    @Skinny: You have came a long way, and you are an inspiration to many of us!:drinker:

Saturday Sucess: I logged on here:laugh: Weekends are notoriously.?sp rough for me.:blushing:
    Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness....none today, I was sent home from work I was only there for an hour, I got stung by a wasp last week and now I have cellulite. I went to the Dr's and got meds. but my leg is looking bad, now I'm just trying to stay out of the hospital. I have to keep my leg above my heart until it get better. On a good note I was under in my calories today. :happy:

So sorry to hear about your leg, I know its painful. Take care of yourself and happy you were under your calories.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to post real quick and say I hope everyone was well while I was gone. I went and visited family in Illinois and though I had downloaded the app for my phone there was no kind of signal where she lives. We had a wonderful time and got home last night around eight in the evening. I weighed myself this morning and had prepared myself with being happy if I gained up to five pounds but amazingly I actually lost .2 pounds so yay and now back on track. I will catch up on posts sometime today but just wanted to say high for now. :smile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope everyone is well today. I think my biggest NSV accomplishment this week was just getting started. Seeing as how I have started a diet each Monday for ages and fallen off that diet by Tuesday, the fact that I started on a Wednesday and stuck with it all week has been a blessing. Feeling sort of down today. Need to finish my taxes but keep procrastinating. My hubby is very supportive when I get like this. He is at a skeet shooting tournament and my grandson and great daughter are shopping so it is very quite her, which is helpful.

Chris. So bad about the wasp. You must be soooo sweet, he couldnt resist

Patty. Stick it out this weekend. It will be worth it. You've done so great

Bohemian Coast. Yeah!!!! You ran the race

Jtconst - Wow I'm impressed. You have the momentum going and sounds like it is becoming habit. My ex boss used to tell me that if I did something 36 times, it would become habit.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Toots: :blushing: Hope all the interest is ok...

it's all good as long as no one uses my pen name in general conversation.
  • myyovett
    myyovett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ok... i'm back and love this thread!! How do I join it and what is a BUMP????
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Saturday success - As per the DRs orders I cut back on exercise and upped my food (a DR saying eat MORE was something I hadn't heard since I was about 5). He was right, I feel GREAT.

Friday was my trial walk to gauge how to proceed for that 5K. I walked a mile in 16 minutes without being winded or hurting after. I'm in way better shape than I thought. 6 months ago I had to rest between the couch and the freaking bathroom. I walk tonight and want to go 1.5 miles total. A co worker put me on to an iPhone app called run keeper that tracks all sorts of stuff. Very handy.

Lost a few more ounces..... life is good in general. :drinker:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This Saturday success has absolutely nothing to do with food! I just killed the Godzilla of spiders in my bedroom after having screamed at the top of my lungs and prayed for God to give me the strength to kill it with one blow! He did and I did!!! I detest spiders!!! I am still shaking. Will be back later, headed for Church.

Christine
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kris--Isn't it amazing how some regular cardio can build your stamina even if you aren't running? glad you are enjoying your walks--if you can do a mile at that pace and not get winded, you will have no problem finishing a 5k.

@myyovette--welcome! bump just stands for bring up my post--people use it when they don't have anything to say but want to "mark" a thread so it shows up in "my topics"--I think some of us also use it to mark our place so we know where we left off reading the posts (at least I know I do that sometimes when I don't have time to respond).

@kjeffries--congrats on sticking with this for more than a day or 2!! :flowerforyou:

@jt--great accomplishment maintaining (and even losing a little) while traveling--that always presents a challenge. It shows you really know what you're doing even when you don't have MFP to check on your calories.

@patty--aww thanks!! :blushing: You are also an inspiration! I love your closing (though it always makes me think of the Honeynut Cheerios cartoon bee :laugh: ).

@nicole and alison--I completely agrre with you guys about the sugar. In fact, I don't really pay attention to that macro and was just thinking of going back to tracking fiber instead.

@celtic--hope you like your new gym enough to join!

@liz--have fun at the Highland Games!

@ohpampered--OUCH!!! I'm so sorry you got stung and hope you heal quickly. I know how you feel--a few years ago I got swarmed by yellowjackets while mowing the lawn. Fortunately, only 4 stings, but one on my calf got severely infected and had to go to the doc for it. Not a fun experience! :angry:

@lmack--love the new pics in your profile and ticker!!

@laurie--hope your grading is going well--looks like you have quite a bit. :frown: (I've decided they need a "yuck!" smiley--the frowny face doesn't quite convey my distaste for your workload

Sturday Success:
    Did the 5k walk this morning and it was good. Can't really describe a walk for suicide awareness as "fun"--but it was good to support a worthy cause. It was very sad to see all of the people there wearing remembrance t-shirts in honor of loved ones who've committed suicide. I'm fortunate to not have been touched by that personally--it's quite a wake-up to see how many lives it affects.

When we started walking, the pace was VERY slow so another woman on my team and I decided to pass on the grass at a faster pace. I was glad I had someone with me who wanted to pick up the pace. We finished in just under 45 minutes. Afterward we for lunch and drinks at a nearby restaurant which was very nice.

Now I'm at starbucks grading. I don't have a lot this weekend--mostly journals and I can only bring so many of those home b/c they are to heavy to transport. I brought home 11 of the thinnest notebooks and have already graded all of those. I also have a set of 2-paragraph responses from my grammar class--really only need to grade for sentence structure and punctuation, so those will be quick.

Now I need to go home and walk gunner. I hope he's satisfied with a short one--I'm all walked out today.

Grading Goals:
    1. 11/11 journals
    2. x/22 2-paragraph responses

Mon--walk dog + core DONE!!
    Tues--walk dog + gym (weight machines + stairmaster and/or stationary bike) DONE!!
    Wed--long run outside DONE!!
    Thurs--walk dog + core DONE!!
    Friday--walk dog DONE!!!
    Sat--5k walk (Out of the Darkness) DONE!!! + walk dog
    Sun--walk dog + core
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Saturday Success: Hmm.. Not much to report, Saturday's typically bring bad food choices for me, even though I don't have many "bad" options in the apartment. It still happens. However, I've gotten three compliments this weekend about how different I look, that I look "skinnier".

I'm going out to dinner with a few girls from my team tonight. If anyone reads this before I leave, anyone have good ideas on how to make it through the night without going way over on calories and stuff? It's a burger joint, and i'm totally nervous!!!!