Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    anyone have good ideas on how to make it through the night without going way over on calories and stuff? It's a burger joint, and i'm totally nervous!!!!

Sure. Ask for the burger without a bun (some places like 5 guys offer a lettuce wrap). No fries. Ask for a side salad if they have it. Some places offer apple slices. All places have water now instead of soda.

ETA: ketchup adds a ton of calories, carbs, and sugar. Skip it AND the mayo.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    anyone have good ideas on how to make it through the night without going way over on calories and stuff? It's a burger joint, and i'm totally nervous!!!!

Sure. Ask for the burger without a bun (some places like 5 guys offer a lettuce wrap). No fries. Ask for a side salad if they have it. Some places offer apple slices. All places have water now instead of soda.

ETA: ketchup adds a ton of calories, carbs, and sugar. Skip it AND the mayo.

Thank you thank you. I already eat my burger plain, I was going to order water, but I was going to keep the bun and just cut the burger in half. Same with the fries, still get them but just split the order in half.

What about desert?
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!

JOY!

:happy:
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Do you feel that you'll need dessert or feel deprived without it? If I felt that way I'd look for something like fruit (subway has apple slices as does McDonald's) or something like that. Now I don't think I'd have a problem skipping it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!

JOY!

WOOHOO!!! Congrats on the new truck, Aug!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Hmm.. Not much to report, Saturday's typically bring bad food choices for me, even though I don't have many "bad" options in the apartment. It still happens. However, I've gotten three compliments this weekend about how different I look, that I look "skinnier".

I'm going out to dinner with a few girls from my team tonight. If anyone reads this before I leave, anyone have good ideas on how to make it through the night without going way over on calories and stuff? It's a burger joint, and i'm totally nervous!!!!

Kris gave good advice. Another way to cut calories is to get a turkey burger if they have that option--you'll save quite a few calories and lots of fat. I usually get the bun and then end up tearing off most of it as I eat the burger--especially if it's a really thick bun. I don't like fries, but splitting an order with someone is a good plan if you absolutely love them. I would probably skip dessert, but perhaps you could split that with someone as well--or make the suggestion that you order a couple of desserts for the table and then just have a taste of each. My friends and I do that quite often to avoid devouring an entire restaurant sized dessert.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Whew. . .what a week! I had to go out of town on business. While I thought I had this under control, I really didn't like some of the food choices I made. Plus, while I took my sneakers with good intentions, I didn't go out for a walk. I did have plenty of walking through properties, manufacturing plants and various airports, but still a good lesson. I'm glad to be back home, exercised this AM and back to making good food choices. Now I need to go back and read the pages of pages of posts.

Hope everyone is doing OK and staying on track.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone,

Just want to drop in to check the posts its been a really wonderful evening here in Idaho. Not as smokey so being outside was pleasant. Fun day with my daughter went to Highland Games lots of fun. Than this evening some friends are stopping by a late dinner for us. We will be having dinner & playing cards with football in background. Playing a game called Euchre I grew up playing this game with my Dad and my grandparents. Play this every family event. I was really suprise when I move out here in Idaho many people never heard of it.

@MyMowMOw-- I have heard of that app before a friend of mind was telling me about it. They really like it. I was thinking of adding it to mind.
    @Susan -- Welcome home, Maybe you didn't get the walks in that you would have like but it sounds like you did get some exercise with all of the stuff you had to do.
    @BigAug--Congrats on the New Truck!!!

Sometimes when I have gone to burger joints I look to see if they have a grilled chicken sandwich no mayo and order a side salad instead of fries. Normally I wait till I get home for dessert but I Like @Skinny's idea of sharing!! Lots of good ideas.

@RobinEgg sorry to hear that you are still hurting! Hope you feel better soon.

That's it for now they should be here soon. Wishing everyone a good evening.

NSV plan a healthy but taste good meal for my friends. I wanted to cancel at 1st its llike what do I fix that they like and I can eat.. Went with the basics but it taste good and is healthy.

Liz
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success::: I woke up this morning and put in my biggest loser DVD and I worked my butt off. WOW it really kicked my *kitten*!!!!!!!!!! I am sore! My daughter worked out with me as well lol
    Then I logged all my food and made a super yummy egg white omelet with spinach and cheddar cheese and salsa on top. SO good.
    Just feel so good!

Monday morning I weighed 225.something and then this morning I weighed in at 220.4!!! FINALLY losing again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Tina
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,113 Member
    Options
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!

JOY!

WOOHOO!!! Congrats on the new truck, Aug!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That!!
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    ::FALLS OFF THE WAGON:: :angry:

::REALIZES HE HAS FALLEN OFF THE WAGON TWO DAYS LATER:: :noway:

::GET'S UP, DUSTS SELF OFF AND CHASES THE WAGON:: :sad:

::CATCHES UP FINALLY AND JUMPS BACK ON, SKINNING HIS KNEE ALONG THE WAY:: :grumble:

::IS FIRMLY BACK ON THE WAGON:: :tongue:

How's that for a short story? :laugh:

Here's to tomorrow!!! :drinker:

Have a great rest of the weekend

Joe
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    @ Liz - I just used it for the second time on I'm even MORE in love with it. I love how it pauses your playlist to give you updates so you can adjust your speed, not check the time every 10 seconds. It's also gloriously free.

@ Big Aug = WOOT! Grats!!! I'm jealous, I'm still buying duct tape!

@Tina Grats on that weight loss! You are kicking butt~

Useless trivia Walking in time to Young MC's Bust a Move will have you walking about 3.5 MPH. Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 about 3.0 MPH. :P
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am still out here, just don't have the time right now that I had before.

I noticed some folks trying different apps for walking. One great one I tried is Map My Walk. It's a free app and does a great job. You might want to check it out.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    NSV: Even though I have only lost 7# and it isn't apparent to anyone else, I can feel a difference in the way my clothes fit, especially my undies. Things are just bit more comfortable. :blushing:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @MyM0wM0w::: Thanks, but I'm still not to the lowest weight I've been at yet. But still feeling much better!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!
    NEW TRUCK!

JOY!

??? you got a new truck???? show us!!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ::FALLS OFF THE WAGON:: :angry:

::REALIZES HE HAS FALLEN OFF THE WAGON TWO DAYS LATER:: :noway:

::GET'S UP, DUSTS SELF OFF AND CHASES THE WAGON:: :sad:

::CATCHES UP FINALLY AND JUMPS BACK ON, SKINNING HIS KNEE ALONG THE WAY:: :grumble:

::IS FIRMLY BACK ON THE WAGON:: :tongue:

How's that for a short story? :laugh:

Here's to tomorrow!!! :drinker:

Have a great rest of the weekend

Joe

been there, done that.....rather- still doing that....must find the wagon
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Well I thought that I should report about dinner since a few of you responded.

I had a chicken Caesar wrap (without the Caesar dressing). It had diced tomato, lettuce, and grilled chicken in it. I only ate half of it. I also had a side of french fries. I ate about 10. I DID have desert which was a scoop of ice cream.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Aug - congrats on the new truck - woot!

Monarchris - way to go killing the spider - they are one of my biggest fears too!

tbrp - so nice to see your comment - so nice to see you again!

thanks for all the positive comments - still the same ........hoping to get better, but not.....rats.....
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Then I logged all my food and made a super yummy egg white omelet with spinach and cheddar cheese and salsa on top. SO good.

that sounds delish