Options
    YES! :love:
  • guapogringo
    Options
    Totally depends on the Canvas!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of body art, especially tastefully done/placed tattoos that have a meaning (not just something you walked into a shop and picked out on a whim.) I have two so far, only visible in a bathing suit, and I designed both of them myself so they are more personal to me. There will be a few more in my future - I've already started working on the design of my next one. :bigsmile:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    YES! I love tattoos :D. I'm working on a half sleeve right now for my left arm as a reward for reaching my goal :).
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yesss. It's just form of art like any other if done by an /artist/.

As people said before, if there is a special meaning behind those , defenitely should get one :).
    I honored both my parents like that, and the tattooos were actualy very therapeutic for me. They are also rather pretty,integral part of me now and i haven't regret geting them even once.

And the argument "no, they will look terrible when you're old".
    Personaly I'm not crawling off to grave yet, nor planning anytime soon.
    OP is 20, and saying she wants it in discreete place anyway. Lets avoid putting on mental granny panties too early, eh?

Attitude towards tattoos changed diametraly in last 20-25 years eitherway. It's not prison marking anymore, or sailors thing, it's not as something heart breaking as spoting Auschwitz number on forearm. They've lost the grim stigma and became "popculture" rather than "subculture".

They are just a one more way you can make your body unique if you wish :)

In my opinion they are totaly worth it. Tattoo doesn't hurt very much (given it's not done on nerve endings).

If you decide for one, few advices:
    Don't scratch em while they heal, just dont. Ask your artist how to take care of it during healing process, mine always adviced puting some cream on it that was designed for breast feeding mothers (chaffing nipples must be fun x.X). It was like unicorn breath upon the tattoo ;)
    Dont explose it to sun or extensive tanning.

Healing process took i think maybe week or two. I avoided tanning much for i think 2 months after having them done (autumn is good time of year for making one) , didnt fade at all and my tattoos are 12 and 6 years old.

And I love'em. ;)
  • fattofit20
    Options
    Yes, absolutely! I only have one and it's well hidden and tasteful. I got it for my 40th birthday and other than it being a little faded it doesn't look saggy, lumpy, old, wrinkled, etc. just because I am.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at age 50 and wish for more. But husband is not a fan.

Old saggy tattoos aren't worse looking than old saggy skin.
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    They can be nice but they're the least attractive when people rely on tattoos to make themselves interesting. A lot of times, they reveal a tendency in people to act before thinking; I've talked to plenty of people who regret theirs.

The biggest problem, IMO, is that the subject matter of so many tattoos becomes cliche within minutes of getting them (eg: Celtic swirls, five-pointed stars, bear claws, and full-back angel wings).
  • laurin2010
    Options
    tattoos are so expresive in so many ways and is very different from person to person! that sounds like a real cute idea! Go for it!
  • njitalian
    Options
    Go for but research your artist as there are too many hacks out there these days.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I love my tattoos! I currently have 6 and they are all in places that can be covered up. My next one is going to be my reward for hitting my GW. As far as meaning, I say, I's your body, get what you want. If you want it to have meaning, great! As far as pain, the most painful spot for me was on my achilies tendon. That was a b*@%ch!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tattoos personally, i never felt the need or desire, & thier so permanent.

Don't think i would get one ever .....or maybe my Tax File number on my toe ...lol so people could identify me ...!
    To each his own i guess ...
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I dont have a tattoo... but i want one... i think theres a very fine line between tasteful and tasteless. My mum HATES them, i need to be prepared to get murdered before i get mine :| I know i want it on my left arm on the inside of my elbow and very small, part of me wants just a heart or a star but then thats so cliche im not sure. I self harmed for most of my teenage years so i pretty much always wear long sleeves anyway or i feel really uncomfortable. I want to make one last mark on my body, a pretty one this time, Im thinking i might get it done when i reach goal weight it can be the cherry on the top of the cake :)

As long as its something your not going to change your mind about, its something with meaning or significance i say go for it :)
    x
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    its seems that with most tats if theyre significant or sentimental to you personaly, then theyre a great idea! but if its a tat because it feels cool to have one, or wanting to get a tat just to have a tat, even if its really small, youll regret it.

do some searching within you. if your idea identifys or expresses part of who you are... then go for it!

I LOVE mine! but it too me about 10 years before i found the perfect one that fit who i was.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    I love the "you'll regret it when your old and wrinkly" comments when discussing tattoos - i'm gonna look old and wrinkly no matter what so who cares if i've got a bit of colour to my wrinkles!?! It's not like i'll be parading my lower back and feet too much when i'm 90! (I've got 4 tats - 2 lower back and 2 on right foot/ankle)
    I'm not a fan of tattoos on legs or arms on women - unless it's a sleeve and suits your personailty!! My hairdresser had sleeves and all across her back and their beautiful! One thing i don't like personally is partners/childrens names! I'd rather have a symbol for them in some way but not a name (my foot tat in profile pic is mine and my daughters starsigns with birthstone colours in the "raindrops")
    Be sure to do your homework on a shop to go to - speak to those who have them if you know anyone, research their websites, go in and talk to them if you can etc I'm in process of thinking of a cover up for my first tat i had as after having another put underneath it i realise it's a bit wonky and even though i can't see it it bugs me knowing that!
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Not for me. Ever.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    nope :sick:
  • iksworbez
    iksworbez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What am i gonna do when I get older?
    well... I think im going to hang out with other bad *kitten* seniors:

http://imgur.com/a/PRFZ2
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    <<<<Just got my first. I love it! I am already planning my next one.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Go for it, but beware as they can become addiciting!