Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• Big_Daddy6
    Options
    305 1RM On the bench press. Up 5lbs from last attempt.

Next going to kill my close grip max.....This Thursday.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Bringing this back from the dead

Today I hit a new PR on my deadlift and pulled 265lb :bigsmile:

So far its been my favorite lift because I do it the least and I always get a new pr when I do a 1 rep max.
  • Big_Daddy6
    Options

So far its been my favorite lift because I do it the least and I always get a new pr when I do a 1 rep max.

Dang....that's awesome
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

good weight!

I have 2 recently

+65kg chinup at 80kg BW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X8vtAHmJuM&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=1&feature=plcp

And one arm chinup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7rIk9RMgA&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=3&feature=plcp
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Isn't that about 2 x body weight?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

RAWR... that's a rockin' number!
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about strength training. I took a fitness class over the summer that told me it was important. My school has two to four big weight training rooms. I just go in one and do one to two reps of everything I see. lol. I know that's bad. Idk wth I am doing.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about strength training. I took a fitness class over the summer that told me it was important. My school has two to four big weight training rooms. I just go in one and do one to two reps of everything I see. lol. I know that's bad. Idk wth I am doing.

Look up a proper program I suggest StrongLifts 5 x 5 or Starting Strength or New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Then come back in 3mths and thank us. :wink:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Look up a proper program I suggest StrongLifts 5 x 5 or Starting Strength or New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Then come back in 3mths and thank us. :wink:

Glad to see this thread still gets some luv.

Because I love to learn about training and new stuff, not because I have training ADD, I put myself on that 12-week Madcow 5x5 method. It's pretty cool but I think Squatting 3x week is messing with my back a little. I injured it pretty good a year ago so I still have problems with my back, but I'm just going to try and wear my belt more even during lighter sets and see if that helps. The biggest improvement has been to my OHP, got 155lbs for an easy 5 reps the other day. Two months ago when I tested my max my 2RM came in at 165, so I'm progressing nicely. I still like to add a little Repetition Effort work in once a week and the other day I DB Benched 75lbs for 25 reps on my first set.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    That's awesome pressing mate!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    New PR in the squats today - 500 for 2 full, low as you can go reps! I've usually had a problem going down to parallel, but today it just went so SMOOTH!

Inching ever closer to that 600 goal!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I upped my deadlift to 175 :) I weight 125-130 so only 20 more pounds until my 1.5x my body weight goal. Though, this was 3 sets 6 reps so I'm pretty sure I could one time max at my goal but I want to steadily lift it :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    New PR in the squats today - 500 for 2 full, low as you can go reps! I've usually had a problem going down to parallel, but today it just went so SMOOTH!

That's sick. You lift raw too right?
    I upped my deadlift to 175 :) I weight 125-130 so only 20 more pounds until my 1.5x my body weight goal. Though, this was 3 sets 6 reps so I'm pretty sure I could one time max at my goal but I want to steadily lift it :)

That's great! How do you train?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

O.M.G. That is INCREDIBLE! You are killing it brother !
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I don't know if it's an option- but I actually took a weight training course for a full semester in college. Counted towards my fitness/nutrition requirements (which I had already maxed out multiple times over) but it was invaluable learning- probably the best one I took overall, and gym classes are nice easy A's to pad your GPA. Maybe it's an option for you in the spring? They taught us about programming, loading, form, equipment, nutrition- pretty much everything in one package. There were even written tests with questions like "which exercises is it OK to lock out your knees on" and "what's wrong with the squat form in this picture?" Good stuff.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well, I was stuck at a weight on my squats for like 2 weeks. I couldn't get all my reps each time. It was really frustrating especially since it's not a very heavy weight. I took a week off of working out (For no particular reason) and when I went back to the gym, I got all my reps super easy! I was so happy. Finally get to add weight next time.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I'm pushing 300lbs on the leg press.. :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    225 on the squat.
    Pushed 255 on the deadlift, despite my lower back issues.
    Calf raises up to 320, still feels easy. Machine doesn't go much higher.
    Overhead press to 115... 110 was easy, 115 was murder.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options

That's sick. You lift raw too right?

Just a belt and knee wraps is all the equipment I use. I don't get to use anything more in the highland games, so I don't even consider using gear.

To everyone who's squatting double their bodyweight - that is something to be proud of, and that's why I want 600. I figure by the time I get there, I'll have dropped down to 300 lbs.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Quite a few little PRs tonight, mostly while playgrounding with random fitness machines:

Bench Press: 1RM 225lbs
    Calf Press: 15 reps of 1,070lbs (using the 45 degree leg press)
    Chest Fly: 1RM 280lbs (machine, almost had the whole stack [305] but I was tree-huggin')
    Lat Pulldown: 1RM 240lbs (I did get 260 down to eye level)
    Leg Extensions: 12 reps at 220lbs

Also did crane yoga pose on a hyperextension station, on top of the leg press, on two medicine balls, on a Bosu ball, and attempted to do it on an ab-roller but it's exceptionally tough to keep your CG stable on that, lol.. also tried on two medicine balls placed atop the Bosu but a bit out of my range there also.