Lance Armstrong admits to cheating.

Options

Replies

• PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    .... what?!!?!? a celebrity cheated?!?!!?!

Lzxxv.gif

My thoughts exactly. He used to be an inspiration to me for many reasons, the past couple of years, not so much. His true colors have shown not only through this debate but also his personal life. I'm glad they are stripping him of his medals, he doesn't deserve them since he continuously lied about it for so long.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    And he has now stepped down as chairman of Livestrong:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/lance-armstrong-steps-down-as-livestrong-chairman-101712

"Updated Oct 17, 2012 12:46 PM ET
    AUSTIN, Texas (AP)
    Lance Armstrong stepped down as chairman of his Livestrong cancer-fighting charity and Nike severed ties with him as fallout from the doping scandal swirling around the famed cyclist escalated Wednesday."
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Nike...Trek...Radio Shack...Giro...Anheuser-Busch...FRS...Honey Stinger...
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

You saying he's lost them all?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "everybody lies"

Dr. Greg House
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    "everybody lies"

Dr. Greg House

Ah, but he's fictional. Actually, like Armstrong's wins.

Nevermind.
  • midschool22
    Options

You saying he's lost them all?

They all have (or in the process of) ending their association with Mr. Armstrong. I'm sure there are some behind the scenes stuff but for the most part, it's over for him as a spokesperson.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is. Really.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    it's a shame that he did cheat. He was an inspiration to so many. I still keep in mind what all positive he has done, though. (raise money for cancer, etc..see : http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/lance-armstrong)

[sarcasm] can't people just see that he's faster because he only has one testicle and is thus more aerodynamic? [/sarcasm]
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    it's a shame that he did cheat. He was an inspiration to so many. I still keep in mind what all positive he has done, though. (raise money for cancer, etc..see : http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/lance-armstrong)

[sarcasm] can't people just see that he's faster because he only has one testicle and is thus more aerodynamic? [/sarcasm]
    How can he still not be inspiring? People need to have a serious reality check on the amount of performance enhancing drugs being used.
  • Kisuke30
    Options

How can he still not be inspiring? People need to have a serious reality check on the amount of performance enhancing drugs being used. I

i tend to agree. come back from cancer, win 7 tour de frances...

its still a shame, but in this day and age who isn't? Its like mainstream sports practically says its ok to....
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    its still a shame, but in this day and age who isn't? Its like mainstream sports practically says its ok to....

True, but it did sound like he was a big ringleader and pressured his teammates to dope. Sounds like more than simply going along with the crowd.
  • Kisuke30
    Options
    You've got a point. I didn't actually consider that. Its depressing to me, someone who I've thought was so inspirational did this. Part of me wants to dismiss what all of the witnesses were saying but, the other part says this many people can't be lying!
  • midschool22
    Options
    Here is the USADA's findings. When I have some spare time, I plan to read it all.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/10/Reasoned-Decision.pdf
  • midschool22
    Options

True, but it did sound like he was a big ringleader and pressured his teammates to dope. Sounds like more than simply going along with the crowd.

More like a bully threatening you if you did not conform or challenged him.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Here is the USADA's findings. When I have some spare time, I plan to read it all.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/10/Reasoned-Decision.pdf

it is very interesting and sad. And from the sounds of it, some of the riders had not been involved in doping yet, but once on the team - that's it.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh he did? Hahahaha.....who have thunk it? :laugh:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

How can he still not be inspiring? People need to have a serious reality check on the amount of performance enhancing drugs being used.

Thing is - if it doesn't make that much of a difference then why take them. He did, gained an unfair advantage (albeit in a sport seemingly where he was less gaining an advantage, and more keeping up with everyone else).

I think the thing that is most damning is that it doesn't seem as if he was caught up in part of a corrupt system, but that he was a major part in making the system corrupt.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I think the thing that is most damning is that it doesn't seem as if he was caught up in part of a corrupt system, but that he was a major part in making the system corrupt.

And he portrays himself as a victim. What a douchenozzle.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

And he portrays himself as a victim. What a douchenozzle.

New fave word - "douchenozzle."