Do "all men" secretly have a thing for their "female friend"

Options

Replies

• Palio75
    Palio75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Ofcourse, I dont think many guys are friends with girls they wouldn't sleep with
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    WTF! I went through this whole thread to see if fcp1234 got a reply from her friend about the "thing" what a waste of time, god damn cliff hangers!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Oh and to answer the question, it depends on how hot you are or how sexual you are. But if you are hot or sexual, a male friend who is single and young, he will pounce on it given the chance.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ofcourse, I dont think many guys are friends with girls they wouldn't sleep with
    For the most part I have to agree with you. I have a guy friend who's just that. He's always trying to get me to hook him up with my friends though. lol I had another friend about a year ago, pretended to be my bff and when I said I wouldn't sleep with him he was my fair weathered friend.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    my bff of life is male. he has been there thru thick n thin with me, since i was 13 and im now 28. BUT...there was a big huge love confession about 8 yrs into our freindship. we stopped talking for a long time after that. apparently everyone was privy to this info, but i was completly blind to it. we started talking again after almost one year...we know we're only friends...we kissed once when we were 15, lol, its neve gone any further than that, and we've even slept in the same bed together 100x. im sure if i handed it out to him he would take it, but that aint gonna happen, lol. we're just besties for life :D
    You selfish BIT@H

^This! Hahahahaha!
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    well, ib dont think anyone here can actuly say what ALL men feel, they can only speak for themselves. I disagree tht all men feel this, and no one can say it is a fact because i do not feel this.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Interesting question. I want to say that yes, it is possible for guys to have female friends without crushing over them but...than I thought about it. I've always been one of the guys, practically all of my friends are male (There's only one real exception) and...out of all of them, through all the years, Only one has never confided that he's had a thing for me. Of course, the ones who have admitted it have either made a move on me or been drunk at the time lol, the rest have only admitted it after our relationship has moved from being geographically close to being internet friends. Which now makes me question the one male friend who never admitted it...and thus my whole circle of friends! Damn you for such a puzzling thread lol No, I'm going to hope that men can have female friends without wanting them physically...
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I keep life simple... I don't have friends. I have acquaintances. That is all.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    so reminds me of -
    Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
    Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
    Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
    Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
    Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
    Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    No.
    For someone that isn't great at finding girlfriends, I tend to keep a fair few female friends I have no 'interest' in.
    But generally I do tend to be quite 'picky' unfortunately.

Conversely I know women that given the opportunity would and have got in to bed with a lot of their male friends and one point or another.
  • I don't think I have a male friend, who isn't one of my boyfriend's friends, that I haven't at some point either done something with, or had to spurn their advances.

Lots of women are similar though and use their male friends as 'back up', in my experience.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    So glad I read this thread....:smile::laugh:
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not a man, but I keep guy friends around that I have a crush on, and hope they like me too. They move on and get in a relationship, I slowly disappear. I know I'm a bad person for it, but it hurts to see em with someone else, and know I lost my chance. We may reconnect at a later date, but it's awkward and not really a friendship anymore. I do like to hang out with them, game with them, talk to them about things. Married/in a romantic relationship guys are another story, I am don't expect anything, so it's not really a problem, as with single guys I met single that then end up in a relationship after a few months or a year.
    Even my ex, he was my friend, became more than friend, broke up. Started talking to me again recently and I am interested again. I just am a bad childish selfish person.
    The gay guys I am not stupid enough to keep them around for the same reason, they're fun to hang out with and talk to generally.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    For the interest of science, I had sex with all my male friends. Now the need is gone.

in the monkey suit?
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    WTF! I went through this whole thread to see if fcp1234 got a reply from her friend about the "thing" what a waste of time, god damn cliff hangers!

I was kidding lol. I know he has a thing. But he has never done anything cause he always knew he had no chance, even back when I was single.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

I was kidding lol. I know he has a thing. But he has never done anything cause he always knew he had no chance, even back when I was single.

Having no chance isn't going to deter me from trying. Just sayin' :wink:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Since kindergarten I've always had more female frends then male. Some became best friends but I never took it further. The cost of losing that friendship meant more to me then the alternative.

By the time I was in my 20's I had to explain to girls I was dating, that most of my friends were female and if they were going to have a problem with that, it wasn't going to work. Funny stuff.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think some play on it, Like they actually know their friend has feelings for them.

I have alot of female friends due to me doing hairdressing when I left school and I worked in a clothes store for a while and some of them harmlessly flirt, Id never stop talking to them if I wasnt single, in fact, they would probly be my personal guidance councilers lol
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Having no chance isn't going to deter me from trying. Just sayin' :wink:

I have noticed that...because of your daily requests for naked pictures. Thats ok, you'll get it one day
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think a guy does not have a "thing" with every female friend he has. But there is always at least one girl he wants to bend over a barrel and show her the fifty states.