Whats wrong with Subway?

Options

Replies

• That's it guys. I'm calling Jared, he'll put you all in your place :drinker:
    Tell him to give us the number to his nutritionist, personal trainer, and support aides too!

...ask 'em if they'll help us all out pro-bono. ;D
  • arosethorn
    arosethorn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Subway has "helped" me lose weight! I always order a 6in turkey on wheat loaded with veggies when I go. It's convenient, and I feel satisfied without feeling guilty!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    That's it guys. I'm calling Jared, he'll put you all in your place :drinker:

i think he is busy getting more diet pills. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    bare-fist the coleslaw,

Sorry I just think that's a hilarious combination of words. :laugh:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    personally speaking i just don't like the way their food tastes. if i want a deli sandwich i'll buy some really great deli meat sliced in front of me at the deli counter and make it myself. i also don't like taco bell. went there once - ordered something with chicken in it bit into it got a big 'ole mouth full of fat blob with grizzle. almost threw up, threw the sandwich out never went back. BOTH PLACES ARE GROSS!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Our area hasn't always had a Subway. I remember the DAY that Subway opened up here. We were all so excited so we went right on down.

And my mother got food poisoning from her chicken sub.

*sigh*
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Subway smells like hobos.
  • anjydarling
    Options
    There is honestly nothing that bad about subway when you make the right choices. They do have low calories sandwiches that are higher in fiber which is something i really like. But the big killer is at the end of your sandwich creation is that it will be higher in sodium. Other than that nothing much worse then what you could buy at a supermarket.

(I work at Subway ha ha.)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

lol that is perfect. it really is the worst smelling of all the fast food places. its that horrible bread that is the culprit.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is the type of thing I find extremely funny. People hating on subway because of carbs and such. Weight loss is very simple. It's all about CALORIES. I haven't tracked anything besides calories the entire time I have been losing weight and not once have I hit a plateau, had any issues losing weight or anything to that nature. Eat what you want, just stay within your calorie range for the day and you'll be fine.

Totally agree with you 100% I have done the same just track calories and exercise and have no problems seeing the weight come off!!!
  • Our area hasn't always had a Subway. I remember the DAY that Subway opened up here. We were all so excited so we went right on down.

And my mother got food poisoning from her chicken sub.

*sigh*
    I can explain this one too!
    (but not justify it)

You see, on opening day, there are serious pressures to get everything done and prepared for a huge crowd.
    Especially in fast food, because if you make 'em wait, you get reprimanded. So little things like "food sanitation" and "safe cooking temperatures" goes right out the window.

Like that free Doritos Taco thing at Taco Bell next Tuesday? Don't even bother, the beef might not be done, or the lettuce and cheese will be old, things like that.
    And it's not anyone's REAL fault, it's just the corporation's idea to mass profits and promotional value, which causes the already stressed out workers to scramble like chickens with no heads because no one really consults them about it first, or hires temporary staff to get through the day.

Most don't even order the extra food necessary to get it all done.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

lol that is perfect. it really is the worst smelling of all the fast food places. its that horrible bread that is the culprit.

Hey now! I walked around reeking of bread and pickles for almost seven years.....

....no, you're right, and the smell really does stick to you like glue. It can knock over bears. :indifferent:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    their bread is HORRIBLE. why do they use such substandard bread? and their meats are school cafeteria quality.

there are so many decent sub/sandwich places around i dont understand why anyone would go to subway.

they do have fantastic marketing.

yup

Exactly...I don't eat there because the quality of the food is horrible. The smell eminating from the place even from the parking lot is enough to drive me away. This is just bad food. Processed, chemically preserved, mass produced, stored, and hauled to various locations to be shoveled out to the masses with the labels of "fresh" and "healthy".

Man it must be a helluva lot better living in a small town because I have never had any of those issues with the ones in my town. I dont think I have ever been able to smell a Subway before I actually went inside lol. If that were the case I would not eat there either.

are you saying that small town Subways use different ingredients? im sorry but that is just not true. its just that you are accustomed to eating bad sandwiches and are desensitized to it. if you ever get a chance grab a sub at a legit sub shop or deli and your eyes will be opened. :)

Not much different then what you would make at home. Same kind of meat and cheese most people buy in the grocery. Comes in the same packaging. And all the veggies are sliced daily. I worked at one in high school and the 6am person would slice the onions, cuckes, tomatoes, etc... in preparation for the day.
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like Subway well enough, though I prefer Lenny's / Firehouse / Blimpies for the fresh sliced meats.

When it comes to advice on the internet I find the phrase "Take what you will, leave the rest behind" serves me well.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This is the type of thing I find extremely funny. People hating on subway because of carbs and such. Weight loss is very simple. It's all about CALORIES. I haven't tracked anything besides calories the entire time I have been losing weight and not once have I hit a plateau, had any issues losing weight or anything to that nature. Eat what you want, just stay within your calorie range for the day and you'll be fine.

Totally agree with you 100% I have done the same just track calories and exercise and have no problems seeing the weight come off!!!
    I see more people saying they don't like it because they think it tastes like *kitten* than people that are saying the carbs are too high. Maybe my reading comprehension is off...
  • Subway smells like hobos.

Hey now! I walked around reeking of bread and pickles for almost seven years.....

....no, you're right, and the smell really does stick to you like glue. It can knock over bears. :indifferent:
    The smell must've been...

UnBEARable!
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    Any diet that recommends that your intake be 55/30/15 is retarded. Yes, that includes the US government's recommendations. You don't have to be an Atkins fanatic to realize that such a high carb ratio is terrible for you. If anything, carbs and protein should probably be about even at 35/35.

That said, I used to like Subway, until I started making my own food, and suddenly realized that their's tastes like ****. Eat fresh my *kitten*...pay close attention to their 'fresh' food next time you are there. Granted, every location will be different, but every one of them that I have been to has featured some...less than fresh looking ingredients.

That's not a horrible ratio. Mine is 50/25/25 which is perfect for me. Though occasionally, I will take in a little more fat and a little bit less in carbs.

<
    just adding that i started looking like this picture because of my 60%carb/ 20%fat / 20% protien diet. if you know what you are doing almost no diet is "retarded" everything depends on your goals and having your diet and excercise program matching up, right now i am seriously carb loading and pushing the upper limits at 70%/15%/15% and not getting any fatter, so i guess i fall into the retard category :ohwell:
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, whatever you choose to eat, someone on MFP will criticise it. You're either too low-cal or low-carb or high-carb ...

There's a lot worse things to have than Subway. Yes, there's a lot of salt in it, but it's low calorie and generally tasty.

I say the people who have so much time to moan about what others are eating, especially when it's generally not that bad, should take a good look at themselves in the mirror. We're all here to better ourselves, not put others down.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I hadn't noticed comments about Subway. If it fits into your food allotment for the day, enjoy. When I am traveling, I try to go to Subway rather than the other fast food places along the way.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    The only thing that puts me off Subway is: I used to work in an office next door to a Subway and the smell was horrific, I have no idea what it was but I can still smell it if I walk past the place (doesn't stop me going getting a Subway on the odd occasion :devil: )