Is it okay her boyfriend pushed her in anger?

Options

Replies

• deadliftfan
    Options
    I maybe a bit old fashion, but it is never OK for a man to be physically violent against a woman...

I guess you're old fashioned. Having grown up in a post feminist world, I think that men and women have equal rights and responsibilities.

I treat men and women the same. If someone hits or is going to hit you, you have every right to defend yourself. You wanted equality - now you have it. Suck it up.

#Uppercut
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly if a dude laid his hands on me in any situation (me sitting down, etc)

6772430817_ec2803618f.jpg
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    make sure your 'friend' knows that pushing/shoving, etc... is *not* something to be tollerated in a relationship. you shouldn't have to. at. all.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Unacceptable!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Okay now that the trolling has stopped I have to say this:

Abuse is NEVER okay on either side. If she was really going to attack him then he should have called the POLICE! I know many have said that "its all about equality, she wants to fight like a man then get knocked out like a man" but the same goes for him. If he does not want to fight her then get out of the way and get help.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    It is never ok to hit or push. Ever.
  • To the OP, it's not ok. I'm of the view that since (generally) men are a lot stronger than women, it should be a hands off approach. While I do see why he pushed her the first time, the second was uncalled for and a major red flag.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    If she was coming at him aggressively then he had the right to push her.

Would you rather him push her or punch her he would of push her out of his way because she got him wound up I tend to get a push every now an again when I get in his face because I o he won't hit me hahah

WOW ! I think u just set us back to the 50's!.:angry: ..would i rather get a push or a punch??...hmmm let me think...HELL NO!
    and just cause You get pushed every now and then??...thats Ok???..because u get in his face.?..hmmmmm..
    How bout this,...we are adults and we talk,..or go walk off the steam.,...AND COOL DOWN,..yeaaaaahhh.:noway: I'd b alone b4 settling for a man that treats any less than the way I should be!-FACT:wink:
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    He had no right to put his hands on her at ALL. A real man would walk away.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    toxic relationship if you ask me
  • beccannes
    Options
    Not acceptable. Even if it did not hurt her physically I feel like that behavior is disrespectful and demeaning. With that being said if she went after him physically that would be wrong too... now if she was just questioning why his ex was sending him a package and he got upset at her and acted in that way towards her that is 100% wrong. I am sure that if the tables were turned and her ex sent her a package he def. would be questioning why.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was acceptable...until the push turned into a punch and a punch turned into a choke.

It is NEVER ok for someone to put their hands on their partner in anger. Even just to push them. If he didn't want her to touch him, he could have put his arms up and told her not to.

I hope she addresses this with him quickly and that he doesn't do it again.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    If your relationship is to the point of you or the other person want to hit each other then you need to "just break up"..
    A domestic violence charge isn't worth it!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    If your relationship is to the point off you hitting one or the other, you need to "just break up"

I agree w/ this lady,..and violence is Never the answer,..that said To all the STUPID MEN ON HERE ASKING DO WE WANT EQUAL RIGHTS OR NOT???,..Equal right was for things like voting,driving,.equal choices.etc...Not,I repeat Not the choice to go toe to toe w/ a grown man,they are two diff topics!! Duh!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    NO
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    I always thought it was acceptable...until the push turned into a punch and a punch turned into a choke.

It is NEVER ok for someone to put their hands on their partner in anger. Even just to push them. If he didn't want her to touch him, he could have put his arms up and told her not to.

I hope she addresses this with him quickly and that he doesn't do it again.

If she didn't want him to touch her, she could have put her arms up and told him not to. Why should there be special privileges for women.

I don't think there's anyone younger than 40 that wouldn't hit a woman back if hit. That sort of deluded mangina white knighting chivalry crap is dead and gone in this post feminist world.

Man or woman, don't hit someone because they will hit you back.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    OH HELL NO!!!:explode:
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's NOT OK, no way, no how, never...
  • samanthawarren
    Options

No. If she was coming at him with a weapon, or he was in fear for his life or health...maybe. If he just pushed her in anger, its assault and battery. She should get away from him.

So it's not assault if she pushes him?

Not trying to single you out, personally, but it's ridiculous that a woman get smack a man but if the man pushes her back to get her off, he's the one who gets in trouble.

my point exactly!

I am shocked at how many people have this attitude. Especially women. It is probably the reason I see even teens in high school shoving their girlfriends. What is the matter with people. My husband who would never do this always tells my son that he should NEVER put his hands on a girl to hit or even push her and my son is young. Even if the girl hits him. Why? Because they are strong guys and no girl is a match for them. He always says there are other ways a man can handle things.

Now that being said, I would never put my hands on my hubby in anger either. But what was said was she just approached him, she didn't slap him. She didn't touch him-she approached him. We weren't there so we don't know.

I really don't know why I read these posts on a fitness sight, but I never cease to be amazed that any woman would think this is ok in any way, shape, or form.

I had a close associate who used to get really angry and try to hit her husband, not because she was mad at him, but to release tension or something. I don't know, she was crazy. Did he push her or hit her? NEVER, not once. He always managed to either hug her so she couldn't really get hits in or hold her hands and talk her down. All I can say is he is great for her because I don't know too many guys that could handle this. The good news is she has her anger issues under control with his help and he never once shoved her.
  • deadliftfan
    Options

No. If she was coming at him with a weapon, or he was in fear for his life or health...maybe. If he just pushed her in anger, its assault and battery. She should get away from him.

So it's not assault if she pushes him?

Not trying to single you out, personally, but it's ridiculous that a woman get smack a man but if the man pushes her back to get her off, he's the one who gets in trouble.

my point exactly!

I am shocked at how many people have this attitude. Especially women. It is probably the reason I see even teens in high school shoving their girlfriends. What is the matter with people. My husband who would never do this always tells my son that he should NEVER put his hands on a girl to hit or even push her and my son is little. Even if the girl hits him. Why? Because they are strong guys and no girl is a match for them. He always says there are other ways a man can handle things.

Now that being said, I would never put my hands on my hubby in anger either. But what was said was she just approached him, she didn't slap him. She didn't touch him-she approached him. We weren't there so we don't know.

I really don't know why I read these posts on a fitness sight, but I never cease to be amazed that any woman would think this is ok in any way, shape, or form.

He has every right to push her away if she approached him in an aggressive violent manner. Wouldn't he do the same if a man came towards him that way.

Most young people are brought up to believe that both genders are equal. It's only the baby boomers that think they should turn the other cheek when hit by a woman.

Equal lefts come with equal rights princesses.
This discussion has been closed.