10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I am happy to report that after much hard work and perseverance the scale finally budged and I am down 2lbs in about 3 weeks. Its not a lot but something is something and I am happy. My eating has nott been the best especially at night, so like you Choco I wanna eat everything in sight. Not sure whats up with that but I gotta stop that and I gotta also start drinking more water. I know that would be some major help.

Last night I didnt have time to check in but I did complete Cardio Party (Turbo Jam) for 45 mins and a total burn of 460cals.
    I really wasnt feeling the shred anymore and think I will move on to leve 2 on Monday. Today i went to the gym and rocked the elliptical and treadmill for a total of 35 mins and 450 calories! In m y books that's an awesome workout for little time.

Well have a great day ladies! I'm off to the St. Patty's Parade and today is a wonderful day. so enjoy it!

hope u feel better choco and porterbaby. u both need some RnR
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Nola: I couldn't be happier for you regarding your weight loss this week. I'm sure it's just the motivation you needed to keep going. Awesome job of working out last night and this morning and burning that many calories.

I finally have my hrm monitor working and unfortunately I'm not burning nearly as many calories as I had hoped especially since I know I'm giving it my all. It is very disheartening to "Bring It" for 30 - 45 minutes and see that you're lucky to burned 230 calories. Seeing those numbers makes me want to resort back to using MFP's calories burned calculator.

Anyway, Nola, great job and have fun at the parade.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    been keeping it low key this week... i am just getting a lot of rest and fluids and watching what I eat. I haven't done much exercise because I want my body to heal faster and not push myself.(not that exercising will always do that...but in my case it was better I refrain) when I tried to do just a little workout this week...my heart rate was sky-high and I noticed I had a slight fever...so its been just solid rest. its been kind of miserable...but I'm getting on the upside...so hopefully this week I'll get back into the workouts. I had strep throat and then somehow got a stomach flu bug...so its not been fun. Now its just a horrible cold...but today I slept in and then took a 4 hour nap..and now back to bed. I've been eating mostly under my calories and eating clean as I haven't had much of an appetite and for a few days couldn't keep anything down. And drinking lots and lots of water. Glad to be on the upside...shooting for a goal of starting back to working out on Monday! Yippie!

Nola- glad to hear you are seeing success! Way to go! That is awesome about the 2lbs!!! It makes me SO excited to get back into my workouts!
    Choco- i totally know what you mean about needing some R&R. Hope you start feeling better soon!

I'll be checking in again probably once I get back into the workouts...as I don't have much to report on now! Sleep, sleep sleep :)
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. My mini goal is 10 pounds in 9 weeks. I know that I can do it!! May 1st is the goal end date. Lets see how it goes. : /
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone remembered to SPRING FORWARD this morning so you're not beginning the day already an hour behind schedule. By springing forwarded it's a sign that spring is near and I couldn't be more excited. Also having an extra hour in the evening means I can walk around the park or go to the gym for a little cardio after work. Now we just need the weather to cooperate and everything will be great.

Since today is considered a rest day w/the Insanity program and tomorrow I'm suppose to complete fit test #2 I've decided that I was only going to complete the P90X stretching dvd. I want to be as limber and rejuvenated as possible for tomorrow's test. The Insanity dvd has been causing some pain in my knee so I'll see how this week goes before deciding whether I'll continue w/the program. Even If I don't complete the full 60 days I can definitely see myself throwing in one of the dvds here and there it just may be too much for my knee to do everyday. As I stated, I'll re-evaluate it at the end of this week.

I'm feeling pretty productive today. I've just about completed all my Sunday errands and will be spending the remainder of the day watcing movies....YIPPEE...YIPPEE.

Dawna: Glad to read you're on the mend. Definitely take care of yourself and you'll be back full steam in no time.

Ladydi: Welcome, I hope you enjoy the thread as much as I do. What are you doing to lose your last 10 lbs?

I'll check in later. Have a great day!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Welcome Ladydi. :flowerforyou: I would also like to hear what's your plan for the next couple weeks?

choco: glad u getting some rest. hope u do great on ur fitness challenge.

dawna: I was wondering where u were and figured something must be wrong for u to not be checking in regularly like you used to. I'm glad ur letting ur body rest before you get back into your workouts and all.

well I am just getting to my computer, I felt really anxious all day cuz I thought I wouldnt get a chance to check in but I did! woo hoo.
    today I went for a nice bike ride and burned up 540 cals throught out the day. It felt great and I'm very happy with my new bike rides on sundays. well I think its time for bed now but tomorrrow I'll be back on to check in.

good night :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 3 day 1 of the Insanity program which means it was time for me to complete my second fit test. I had a late start b/c I'm totally missing my hour of sleep. I decided not to eat breakfast before completing the fit test so I wouldn't be as nauseous as I was on day 1. Each exercise is performed for a minute w/a quick break in between before beginning the next one. Here are my results from fit test 1 and 2:

Test 1: Test 2:

Switch kicks: 50 / 70

Power jacks: 57 / 70

Power knees: 80 / 95

Power jumps: 32 / 44

Globe jumps: 8 reps (32 jumps total) / 10 reps (40 jumps total) (4 jumps = 1)

Suicide jumps: 12 / 18

Push up jacks: 20 / 32

Low plank oblique: 40 / 54

Nola: I wish I could go for a bike ride. I haven't ridden a bike for years. I'm so proud that you've been getting your workouts in on a daily basis. Keep up the good work!.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey choco those are great numbers! looks like you really improved and are becoming much stronger.
    ps. one of my friends told me she lowered her body fat by 5% or something like that and most of it was the eating part cuz she said she hardly worked out. will ask her more about her plan or u can contact her, her nick is "sportygal"

as for me i went to bed extremely late last night (4am) partly cuz I was procrastinating and partly cuz I had a lot on my mind. i just hope this doesnt affect my workout this evening cuz I really wanted to start level 2 of the shred. I'll try my best.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    good morning ladies. i feel better and great today. i'm going to workout today, but i haven't decided what i'm going to do yet. but i'm going to do aleast a 20min. stretches and just breathe.
  • ladydi
    Options
    Well ladies it is not my last 10 pounds(how I wish) It would be my first 10 pounds of the 23 pounds I have left. My plan is to eat very healthy and as clean as possible. I have been doing cardio 6 days a week and weight traning 4 times a week. I just lost 4 pounds which I am very happy about. I think if I stick to my plan and really focus I can accomplish my goal. Have a great day ladies!
  • nolachick
    Options
    glad to hear u are feeling better porterbaby.
    ladyDi: that sounds like a great plan and I'm sure you'll get to y our goal in no time! don't forget to drink lots of water and refuel after your workout. also don't be surprised if after weight training that many times ur appetite increases, thats normal. just make sure u eat healthy and keep it clean. lord knows I try b ut sometimes I fail.

like yesterday I almost bought a frozen tv dinner and when I saw how many calories and sodium it had I put it right back and said NO! I WORKED SO HARD FOR THOSE 2LBS AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO THROW THEM AWAY ON YOU!

LOL, i know I'm losing my mind. Anyhoo hope ya'lls monday is off to a good start. I've been keeping busy at work so that's good for me. Can't wait to go home and get my workout in.
  • ladydi
    Options
    noalchick- That's funny I do that to. That is what I say when I want to reach for a pastry. As far as the water that is all I drink. You can feel the difference when you drink more water.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies, today was actually a wonderful day. I thought I wud be tired from that little amount of sleep I got but I gotta say I think this healthy eating helped cuz I didn't need a drop of coffee/caffeine to keep me going all day long and got my workout in.
    So Shred Level 2 Day 1 complete!
    and had a yummy dinner of chicken, baked potato and salad. I knew I was low on cals so I forced myself to eat a jello cup but it really wasn't all that. Oh well, good night.

hope everyone had a great start to this week.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

like yesterday I almost bought a frozen tv dinner and when I saw how many calories and sodium it had I put it right back and said NO! I WORKED SO HARD FOR THOSE 2LBS AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO THROW THEM AWAY ON YOU!

Haha! I LOVE THIS! I've gotta be better at that on the weekends...weekends are my weakness. My goal for the next month is trying to be a better eater on the weekends!!

I'm SO excited to be back in action!! Tonight I did my first workout in a week. It felt soo good and even though I was slightly congested it felt amazing. I woke up this morning with a terrible earache and was scared...but I nursed it back and was able to get my workout in and burn about 600 calories! I think the calorie burn was a little higher because its been a week. But, even though it was 600 calories, I didn't give it my all. I did what I could, and I am not pushing myself too hard just yet. I don't want to have this cold stay any longer! But, it feels good to be active...I'm excited to get some sleep tonight!!

Thanks ladies for being amazing...you guys are a great support!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Today is week 3 day 2 of the Insanity program and I completed 42 minutes of the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I did see some improvement today in my ability to stick w/each exercise a little bit longer although the level 1 drill circuit (plank, 4 push ups, 4 mountain climbers, ski abs and in/out abs) is STILL KICKING MY BUTT, By the time we get to those drills my legs are pretty much gone and my upper body strength sucks. My legs are soooo much stronger than my upper body but hey that's why I am doing this program, to get stronger as a whole so I know I can't do anything other than benefit from the program.

My knee bothered me a little through some of the moves but overall held up pretty good. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I am about to get ready for work so I'll try to catch up on posts a little later. Have a great day everyone.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    good morning ladies. everyone is working so great on their bodies and watching what they eat, that i think everyone deserves a trophy. i let him watch the dog,last night while i went for a run/walk. i need to gradually build myself up on the running. it felt good to run though. i justwant to tell my friends to keep up the good work and in no time we all will get our hot sexy bodies we all want and to be healthy, strong and high on life, plus full of confidence.
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies. I just realized that I was not eating enough protein. so I upped my protein and downed by carbs and fat a tad to get a "balanced diet" dunno if this will help, but hopefully it does more good than evil. I have been having issues with my hair and nails, more so than usual (they have always been weak) and I realized I might not be getting all the right stuff in my body. o
    any thoughts on this?

have a great day!

dawna: glad to have u back
    choco: wtg on those workouts
    porterbaby: glad u are back on it and feeling better.
    di how u doing?
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i'm doing great, i'm just kinda down today. personal things and i don't know what to do, so i just walk and walk. i can't do any aerobics today it's raining, since it's raining, he can't work so he's laying around on the couch and watching tv or on the computer. i'll be alright i'll find ways to workout somehow.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hope all is well w/my 10 in 9 buddies. I'm just finishing up work and I can't wait to go home and eat and chill out for the rest of the evening.

Nola: I see you're re-evaluating your diet. I'm sure you can't go wrong as long as you're incorporating healthy food. I've been told that when you're working out hard and want to tone you should increase your protein so I've been trying to increase mine as well.

Dawna: Glad you're feeling better. I wish I could burn 600 calories but I just don't see how it's possible. My hrm is telling me I'm burning about 240 calories from the Insanity workout and I can't believe it b/c I'm usually giving it my all.

Porterbaby: Hope you work the personal stuff out.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I'm about ready to be done with work! Whew! And ready to go home and burn some more calories this evening doing the Burn Intervals to incorporate some strength training back into my schedule....since its been a while. It should be a good one! I'm feeling so much better! Finally...it seemed like forever!

Choco- I did a high intensity cardio kickboxing workout for about 55 minutes...with the workout I typically burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes...so it was pretty close (usually about 550), so I think the extra was because it has been a while. High Intensity Kickboxing can really get the heart rate up there...especially if you are adding plyometrics as well. LOVE IT! If you ever get a chance to try Turbo Kick at a gym ...definitely do it..its awesome! How long is the Insanity workout?

Nola- I hope that works for you. My ratio's are set at 53% carbs, 17% protein and 30% fats. Thats what I use and what my nutritionist has said is what he recommends for women who work out a lot. I personally think that when protein is increased and carbs are decreased that it increases the hunger. (this is different for those with diabetes) Good fats and lots of water will help moisturize your body. Good luck to you!! Let me know if you have any questions-- I'm happy to share what I have learned through experience, education and from others.