10 in 9, part 2

Options

Replies

• ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

I am doing good. I had a great day yesterday but today not so much today. Damn those Mcdonalds fries. :sad: I did good all day and I thought that a small fry wouldn't hurt well I guess I was wrong 104 calories over even with the bonus walk I took on break UGGGGHHHHHH:grumble: . Now I am going to do my weight training. I have to really focus if I want to meet my goal. PLAYTIME IS OVER!!!! Tomorrow will be a light day to balance out the big mistake I made today. Have a great night and I know tomorrow will be a great day!!!:flowerforyou:

nolachick: Sounds like you you need to take some hair and nail viatmins. I have used these and they worked.

choco: Your kicking butt in those workouts I heard that they are not easy
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies:
    i just completed the shred level 2 day 2 and WOW! jillian was not kidding when she said she wants you to be dying and gasping for air at the end. definately a great workout! I think I went a little over on my calories but not by much (less than 50) and still had some protein left. hmmm will try this percentage out for a couple more days but I think today alone I could tell that adding more protein to my diet kept me fuller longer. Usually when i get home from work I am STARVING and have to snack on something before my workout. today i did my workout without any snacking and at dinner I wasn't even that hungry but I still ate relatively healthy I think.

well I'm off to some me time (watching tv) and then off to bed. night night
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I hope everyone's Wednesday gets off to a great start. Today is week 3 day three of the Insanity program which means I am suppose to tackle the PURE "EVIL" cardio dvd. Last night when I realized I was going to have to tackle the Pure Cardio beast this morning I decided to take on a different approach. I really prepared myself mentally for the challenge and told myself that I was going to give it my all BUT I was going to go at my pace and not get caught up in the fact that the participants in the dvd may be moving faster than I am. I woke up at 5 am with my mind right but my body somewhere else. TOM snuck on me out of nowhere. I knew it would be here this week but was really expecting it Friday/Saturday but no here she was today and the cramps were in full effect. I told myself I would complete this workout regardless and I'm proud to announce that Pure Cardio was not as evil as it has been previously. While I did take the necessary breaks when needed I realized I didn't need quite as many when I was going at my own pace and I was able to recover a lot quicker. I hope this mind over matter philosophy and going at my own pace works the next time I tackle this dvd....LOL Anyway, Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs are completed and I'm about to head off to start my work day.

I didn't have time to catch up on the posts b/c I'm running a little late but will try to catch up a little later. Have a great day all!
  • ladydi
    Options
    Happy St Patty's day!!

Had a long night but I am up and ready to go. I have all my food set and ready to go. Today will be a light day I will get all my cals but that's it no going over at all. Once I get home I will do my workout tape Biggest Loser power sculpt. For some reason my honey wants to do the dvd with me so that will help with the motivation. Well gotta go but ladies have a great day!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day ladies! I have a lunch meeting so I won't be on as I usually am but I'll try to be careful about my food decisions. They are ordering in chinese, which I'm not happy about but I'll just have to try and make do.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am so excited to be back in the groove of working out! Last night I did the Burn Intervals, which was about 45 minutes of cardio and muscle endurance. It kicked my bum! I slept sooo solid, it felt good to finally be sleeping normal. And eating back to normal...only 2 days back from being sick for a week and I can definitely feel the difference. I brought lots of yummy healthy snacks for work today...I'm excited! Its going to be a good day...and the sun in shining! Have a great one ladies!

Choco- way to push yourself girl! I did that last night too...kept talking to myself saying I had to give it my ALL ! Mentally Psyching yourself up can really make quite the difference!

Nola- glad to hear the extra protein is helping to curb your appetite. I think its great to add more protein in...yesterday was a typical day for me and I got about 72 grams in. Keep getting good carbs in...and I think it will definitely help you to stay full longer. Mmm...I'm getting hungry thinking about food..haha!

Ladydi- I totally forgot to say in my last post...WELCOME! Its great to have a new friendly face and support in the group!!! Where are you from?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hello ladies! I want to check in briefly before I hit the road to head home for the evening. I hope everyone had a great day!

Ladydi: Seems like you have a plan in place to get that workout in....that's what it's about sometimes. Hope you rock out the workout.

Dawna: I didn't doubt for a second that you would be back in the groove in no time at all. You're determination is amazing. I am glad you're feeling better which has improved other areas of your life (eating and sleeping).

Nola: Hope your lunch meeting went well and you made healthy choices.
  • nolachick
    Options
    wow I fell asleep earlier watching tv with my boo so I am just getting a chance to check in. hope everyone's day went well.

at lunch I think I went over board with the rice but I ate a lot of veggies with it and a little chicken. at dinner I definately went over cuz I ate a foot long sub when I usually just eat half. perhaps its becuz I had a light breakfast and didn't have any snacks all day between meals. my workout was not that great tho as I had to rush thru it and I know I didnt give it my all at the end, I kinda skipped the last 5 mins. Will try again tomorrow.

by the way I haven't taken measurements yet but I can FEEL and SEE my body changing and I am getting so excited to see the results of the shred. I will only be doing each level about 7 days cuz I wanna get some turbo jam in between and biking to keep it fun ( I get bored after doing the same thing 4 days straight) but if all goes as planned I shud be done by April 1st!

I hope this works!

Good night everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Thursday all! Today is week 3 day 4 of the Insanity program which means its A RECOVERY DAY....WOOHOO! With my TOM and cramps in full effect I really needed and looked forward to completing the Cardio Recovery dvd. I sooo love Thursday b/c it's the one day of the week where Shaun T hasn't lost his mind and I don't find myself questioning why I decided to tackle this program. Well the workout is done and now it's time to head to work. Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful workout.

Nola: Glad u were able to catch some quality time w/your boo. I haven't had one of those in a very long time but look forward to the day that I can spend some quality time w/my special man (smile). You've been dedicated to the shred and I like that you're still mixing it up (Turbo Jam and biking). You're body is going to thank you so keep it up. Saturday marks the first official day of spring, so, stay focused on your goal.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Woohoo! It's friday! so excited. I gotta get in a major good workout today and tomorrow cuz my friends wanna go out fri and sat as sorta bachelorette party. nothing big but my friend is getting married on april 2nd so we wanna take her out one last time as a single girl hehehe. I really hope its fun. and I don't wanna lose focus so I already know I need to get my workouts in no matter what! today I think I'll skip the shred and do turbo jam, tomorrow back to the shred and sat and sunday riding.
    last night I put on a pair of shorts that I haven't worn in a WHILE cuz they literally cut off the circulation to my waist. hahahaha
    not to mention I had to jiggle them up my thighs...well I'm extremely happy to report that they slipped right up my thighs and buttoned up quite easily so I didn't have to suck in my belly and all that. That felt GREAT!
    I hope when I'm looking for an outfit to go out it, my other clothes slip on just as easily and I can actually wear something sexy!
    can't wait!
  • ladydi
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Yesterday was a good day I stayed on track for the most part. I went over my calories just a little but the workout and the walk during break gave me extra calories so I was fine. I did the Power Scuplt with the honey the crazy thing is that I am halfway through week two and the first part of the tape was getting to easy so I added on the week 3 section. I am so proud of myself. I havent weighed in because I know that I am gaining muscle mass so I do not want to get discouraged. But I do feel my clothes fitting differently and my honey is always telling me that he can tell so that is soooo great. I am so excited to see what comes next I am going to stick with it until the end. Hope you ladies have a great day!

Choco- You are really dedicated to getting up early and working out. You are making me want t do that. Just get the workout out of the way. Keep up the good work.

Nola- I had one of those days this week it happens but today is a clean slate. At least you didnt go and eat Mickey D fries like me! lol I hope you really get to your goal weight in April. I can't wait until May for the first 10 pounds to be off.Hopefully sooner

Dawna- I am from Tampa,FL - When you say Burn Intreval is that a part of a dvd that you are doing? Keep up the good work. What kind of healthy snacks do you take to work?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    I am SOOO excited it is almost officially Spring! Last night the hubby and I took a nice stroll....it was so nice! Makes me so excited for summertime!!! I heard the Rascal Flatts song "summertime" on the radio and it got me a little antsy yesterday!! I'm excited for nice summer morning runs, running stairs at the stadium, ultimate frisbee, going on walks with the hubby, going swimming...oh man I've gotta stop thinking about it! Haha! Tonight I'm hoping to get a late-night workout in. I won't get home until at least 8pm, so I'm hoping I will still have some energy to get my workout in. If not I will eat super great and then work hard this weekend.

Nola- so excited about your shorts!!!! I am wanting to go shopping here pretty soon because I'm just getting so sick of my wardrobe!! And I love the bright summer colors coming out! I'm so glad you are seeing the change in your body! That is great!

Choco- I neeeeed to start getting up early like you do. You inspire me with your early morning workouts! The whole "Spring Forward" with Daylight Savings has really got me messed up even more. It also takes me forever to get my hair washed/dried/styled....but I am going to try to soon!!

Ladydi- I am totally with you in not stepping on the scale. I'm going to try to stay off for a while because I don't want to get discouraged!! Burn Interval is one of the workouts in the ChaLean Extreme program. Its mostly a strength training program but it also has 3 intense cardio workouts. The Burn Intervals are some intense cardio workouts combined with muscle endurance workouts. Its really fun, I love all of Chalene Johnson's workouts (she does Turbo Jam). As far as healthy snacks I typically bring any of the following: light mozzerella cheese stick, orange, banana, carrots, apple w/ 1 TBSP natural peanut butter, raw natural almonds, greek yogurt with fresh berries or granola, grapes, celery sticks w/ 1 TBSP natural peanut butter, homemaid trail mix (1/4 C wheat chex mix + 1 TBSP peanuts + 1 TBSP craisins=172 cals).... thats all I can think of at the top of my head! :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon my 10 in 9 buddies! I see love is in the air w/you ladies. I hope to be taking strolls w/a boo this spring and summer.

Ladydi: I'm glad you're back on track and congrats on building muscle mass. Doesn't it feel great when ppl notice your transformation? I'm sure you feel extra special b/c your honey is paying attention. If that's not motivation I don't know what is....LOL.

Nola: Congrats on fitting into those shorts. I'm sure you had a big ole kool aid smile when they slipped on so easily.

Dawna: I'm sure you'll find a way to get that workout in tonight and if not dont beat yourself up about it.
  • nolachick
    Options
    oh oh I think I got carried away thinking about friday and my post has it's FRIDAY! oops. its almost friday tho. hahaha

dawna, those treats sound yummy, I wanna mix it up at work so I might try getting those this wkend for the next work week. hope u get ur workout in girl I know if its after 7 for me its super hard for me to workout. I wish I cud do the early morning thing too, maybe I should and I promise to try but wow I really have to get used to it. plus it doesnt help thats is so dark outside in the morning.

Choco: I'm not sure why you are single, but any guy that gets u is very lucky to have such a strong woman at his side. (maybe those guys can't handle you) haha. I can set u up with my bro, he needs a strong woman to put him in check. only thing is he's far away. lol

ladydi: so glad ur honey is noticing cuz that is also very rewarding for him to notice where all ur hard work is going and now paying off. and its so cool that he wanted to work out with u too!

well have a good night ladies, I will probably try to hit my bed early tonight as I have a breakfast meeting at 7am tomorrow. YIKES! I won't lie, I'm not going to promise to be good for a free breakfast and I know it'll be friday but we'll see what my choices are. It used to be nearly impossible to pass up bacon and eggs for breakfast but perhaps they have a nice fruit salad and some cereal or pancakes. and don't worry I'm not a sucker for breakfast pastries - too sweet to have so early in the morning.

have a great day ya'll :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Nola: thank u 4 the compliment. I'm unsure y I'm single also but I have faith that the right man will find me when the time is right. I'm always glad to read about others being happy plus it gives me hope that healthy relationships can be sustained.

I've always been a morning person so gettin up early is generally not a problem. My hat goes off 2 u ladies. For working full time jobs, tending to ur significant others AND still completing an intense workout on a daily basis!

So ladies complete ur workout at whateva time works best 4 u. I still plan 2 complete my most intense workout in the morning but since the weather is improving I probably will incorporate some walkin or joggin at the local park after work.

Have a good nite ladies.
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    hi ladies. i feel great, i'll be going home soon. thank goodness i hope. while i was taking bud for a walk someone was looking at the travel trailer. i hope those people gets rest of the money for it so we can go bye bye. :happy: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! Today is week 3 day 5 of the Insanity program and I completed the Cardio Power and Resistance dvd. I'm still not at the top of my game b/c of TOM but I must admit I get better each passing day. I can't believe i'm just about done w/my 3rd week of the Insanity program. I watched the Plyometrics dvd for month 2 and don't think I'll be ready to take on that beast. I know I have a couple more weeks before month 2 begins but the dvd is a tad bit intimidating.

Anyway, I hope everyone is able to get off to a great start today and gets in an AWESOME workout.

I'm off to get ready for work. Hopefully I'll be able to check in w/everyone a little later.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! it's a beautiful day here, hope its the same for you.

Today I will not be able to get in a work out unfortunatley cuz I'm meeting friends for dinner and a movie but will be going out dancing later, hmmm wonder if I can put on my HRM and get in some cals there. hahahaha
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY! I hope everyone has great plans this weekend. It's suppose to be really nice this weekend in GA so I'm going out for drinks and dinner w/girlfriends. I haven't had an alcoholic beverage in a while and I'm actually feeling like one today so I might indulge. I might even indulge in some buffalo wings and fries.

What are your weekend plans?
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!
    Last night I didn't get my workout in, I'm not too worried about it- I didn't get home until 10pm, and by then I was wiped out and went to be right away. I am SO glad the weekend is almost here...and that I only have 3 more hours of this place (although it still sounds like too many more hours). Work is frustrating today--just not good. But, the bright side is that it is BRIGHT outside! I love the sun! The hubby and I don't have any big plans tonight, so we're going running at the gym. We're both pretty excited to finally get back into running. After that we're going to make a delish and healthy dinner followed by a nice relaxing movie at home.

Ok ladies--- also I've been thinking---I want to know more about you all!!! So, I was thinking in your next posts you should tell us 3 interesting things about yourself! :happy: Just to shake it up!

Here's a few things about me:
    1) I grew up in Minnesota and am obsessed with hockey (college & high school).
    2) My dream job is to be a stay-at-home mom. Hopefully I'll get my wish in a few years.
    3) I have never read Harry Potter or seen any of the movies. Also, never seen Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings.

Looking forward to learning more about you ladies!!!!!