Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• justkeepswimng
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.

Also, men are the SAME WAY!

It's okay for men to be picky, but women should KNOW THEIR PLACE! ;)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    because I realized I was settling for my ex and my current "best friends w/benefits" situation confuses the sh[img][/img]it out of me.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple for me. I've always been the funny fat guy or "the friend."

You said it with that...
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Because our goals/dreams are taking us on two different paths...better to end it now, than to come to this reality later when it's gonna hurt way worse

I'm dealing with that same situation right now.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    To all the women who don't want to "settle," what exactly are you looking for? Haven't met the millionaire fitness model yet or something? Stop being so picky. Find someone you like spending time with who's not an a**hole. It's not rocket science. Decent guys are out there. We're not all perfect. Deal with it.

Also, men are the SAME WAY!

when i think about not wanting to "settle" for someone, it's not a physical issue or a financial issue. i would just rather be alone than with someone who doesn't fulfill me intellectually and emotionally, or with whom i don't share values, dreams, goals and/or physical chemistry (which, incidentally, has little to do with appearance). there's nothing wrong with being patient for the person who is truly right for you :)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I was the friend zone guy too. then I learned this trick, you tell them how you really feel and some times it doesn't work out but when it does you get to be in a relationship with someone that you can chill with. been married to my best friend for almost 13 years. and yeah we've stayed friends for almost the entire time

I have been married for almost 7 years, but I have always missed the freedom of being single. I don't miss the dating or sex aspect of it, but I do miss only having to be responsible to myself. Now, when I make a choice, I have to wonder how it will affect me, my husband, and my kids. I married my best friend and I have to agree it is the best being with someone with whom you can completely be yourself.
  • naner61
    Options
    Had a couple of bad experiences with the online dating stuff and have since adopted the attitude "If it happens it happens" if not I am totally okay with that because I enjoy the single life and spending time working out and with friends.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oops, cross posted, but anyway. I hadn't been putting myself out there much. That is likely the biggest reason. Can't meet anyone if you don;t go out

Hey, me too. I like to joke that I don't stay up late enough to meet someone.
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options
    Well, there was a divorce about 3 years ago, that pretty much settled the marital status deal. At my age, the dating pool is pretty shallow, let alone the marital pool. Having said that, I am enjoying the freedom after a 28 year marriage.

yup, it's a shallow pool where I am as well.
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options
    Because I live in Colombia and all the men are looking for Sofia Vergara.

Did I mention I'm not Sofia Vergara? :ohwell:
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't like things other people my age like and that can make me seem a little weird.
    I always convince myself that people I like will never like me.
    It takes a lot of work to get me to open up and really trust people and most of the guys I know don't want to put in the work.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple for me. No confidence around girls. I've always been the funny fat guy or "the friend."

Same but flipped the sexes. I also have terrible anxiety around men and have a irrational fear that even if they do say they want to be with me, or tell me that I'm beautiful, they really don't mean it. It's hard when you've spent your entire life being "the friend" to think of yourself as anything other than that. =(
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    because I haven't ran into a guy special enough to tame this wild heart! :tongue:
  • EnderNC
    EnderNC Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    That's a great question. Guess I'm just taking my time. Want to make it for the long term.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    the weightroom is my mistress and most girls ive dated dont like coming in second to weights.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Because my last boyfriend decided another girl on the side was better. Sooo I ended it.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Honestly: I don't trust anyone. There have been some situations in my life that have hurt me in ways I can't explain and I'm not just talking about a divorce. Yes, finding out my wife was spreading her legs for the entire city EXCEPT her husband was devastating, but it goes deeper than that. Amazingly enough, I became happier after the divorce, but still something is holding me back.

People who know me know I'm a loving, caring, honest, loyal man. Thing is, they also know I don't let anyone break down my wall when it comes to relationships.

It looks as though I will live the rest of my life as a bachelor, which is really not the way I saw my life headed back when I was younger.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    cause i'm terrible at time management
  • patrickmjett
    Options
    you know i have a gf, but I was wondering why women don't like me. I am pretty good looking. I smell nice and I am one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet... former marine... bachelor's degree... mma guy... speak 3 languages. But I constantly get friend zoned or ignored. Like I said I have a gf but it does make a guy wonder why it was so hard to get there.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    because guys are confusing :tongue: