Why are you single?

Options

Replies

• anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Because I've watched too many episodes of Law & Order Special Victims Unit.
  • gamerguy90
    Options
    I am a big guy and that drives confidence down a lot. I sometimes self sabotage myself and have only been in one relationship in my 22 years. I am trying to change my negative behavior but it is hard with how things are going. If anyone from in the Madison WI area is like me or would like to give me a chance I would love to meet up sometime and chat? I suppose I should try and see if anyone here is just like me.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Because I've watched too many episodes of Law & Order Special Victims Unit.

This, plus I work long hours, like the gym too much, have a ton of friends that come and go and I really have not met anyone recently that has totally made me want to spend my life with them.....
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    beats me... haha, no not really but that dreaded friend zone is usually what happens :/
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm fat.. I mean, otherwise I'm completely perfect :smokin: :wink:
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Because my fiancee died unexpectedly last year, two months before our wedding. I'm still wearing my engagement ring. Pretty sure that is the biggest C***blocker ever. Also, I miss the closeness and companionship and sex, but if I think about even going for coffee with a guy, I break out in a cold sweat and am wracked with sobbing. I guess I'm not single, as much as I am a widow.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    Honest answer without details: Because my confidence is weak and I don't really know what I deserve...

^^^This is me, too!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Because I've spent the last year jumping from relationship to relationship and they've all ended badly/hurt me deeply. Now it's time for some 'me time' for a while :)

I feel ya girl! It feels great to be alone and not have to worry about getting hurt again. I know someday I'll have to get past the fear but for now, it's nice.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a huge commitophobe. My ex definitely fueled this fire lol.

After him, I discovered a big wide world, and realised that men actually find me attractive. My ****ty self esteem always made me think otherwise. And hence, I LOVE to flirt with dozens of men, and just play around the field for a bit :)
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea.
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Because I've spent the last year jumping from relationship to relationship and they've all ended badly/hurt me deeply. Now it's time for some 'me time' for a while :)

I feel ya girl! It feels great to be alone and not have to worry about getting hurt again. I know someday I'll have to get past the fear but for now, it's nice.

Amen!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Because my fiancee died unexpectedly last year, two months before our wedding. I'm still wearing my engagement ring. Pretty sure that is the biggest C***blocker ever. Also, I miss the closeness and companionship and sex, but if I think about even going for coffee with a guy, I break out in a cold sweat and am wracked with sobbing. I guess I'm not single, as much as I am a widow.

You may be a widow, but you've still got a good sense of humor. Yes, you're fiance dying IS THE biggest C***block ever. I am sorry for your loss, but that's a damned funny way to say it!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Because after a rough breakup earlier this year, I decided to focus on me: getting fit and getting a better job.
  • Nevermore92
    Nevermore92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Too shy and apperantly too many issues. :brokenheart:
  • candyass1
    Options
    I'm not single at all! actually. In fact my life is pretty interesting I have a beautiful Bisexual GF her and I swing and we are very happy. I highly recommend the swinging lifestyle to all couples it builds the relationship that much more
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in a relationship, but I've been in some pretty bad ones. Last one was just over a year ago and I haven't dated since then. Basically, I'm afraid of getting into another bad one.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    because prince charming is a myth

It's actually because women's idea of prince charming is a myth.

I have 2 friends that are single, well educated, have great jobs and are constantly told by women "you're not my type"....

WTF more do you want? The guys are smart, decent looking, can provide financial and emotional support but do not have 6 pack abs. They would love nothing more than to partner with someone and travel, buy a big house and have the dream...but women are always looking for "something else".

I thank god every night I am not single....could not handle the BS
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was married for seven years to a gay drug dealer. If that doesn't convince you I'm bad at picking men, nothing well.

Also, I'm complicated. That doesn't help.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    because prince charming is a myth

It's actually because women's idea of prince charming is a myth.

I have 2 friends that are single, well educated, have great jobs and are constantly told by women "you're not my type"....

WTF more do you want? The guys are smart, decent looking, can provide financial and emotional support but do not have 6 pack abs. They would love nothing more than to partner with someone and travel, buy a big house and have the dream...but women are always looking for "something else".

I thank god every night I am not single....could not handle the BS

These men are approaching the wrong women.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know what it feels like to be single! I've been in 2 relationships back to back since I was 17. Never had a break!