Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• GingerRunner
    Options
    Calorie deficit lifting for one year.

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg
    Weddingpics2.jpgP1030279800x572640x458400x286.jpg

The Mrs.

Kimbefore.jpg
    KimbackDBLBI.jpg
    Kimback.jpg

WOWZA YOWZA HOLY SMOKES both of you!!! WAY TO FLIPPIN GO!!!!!!! *so* inspired!
  • GingerRunner
    Options
    Hardly any cardio for me, I need a knee replacement. This took 10 months from Jan this year.
    Untitled_zps62a403d7.jpg
    smileytowelsml.jpg

AWESOME! GO YOU!!!! :D
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Amazing transformation everyone!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Alright - finally had time to throw some pics together.
    I was 220 lbs two years ago and well over 40% bodyfat. I started MFP in July/August 2011 at 187 lbs and 36+% bodyfat. I started lifting in March this year doing NROL4W, abandoned ship the end of July for Starting Strength, and just recently in the past four weeks started a mix of crossfit style workouts with powerlifting.

Today I'm around 150-155, 5'5" and about 24% bodyfat (as far as I can tell). My diet is NOT in check, however, and for this reason my progress hasn't been as good as it COULD be...but nonetheless, I think the lifting has done amazing things for the recomposition of my body. Jen Dizzle version 2.0 starts tomorrow. Taking these pictures today and my slower progress this year are waking me up...I need to get off the sugar train. I'm badddddd with candy *guilty look*.

Start of MFP:
    projectIcon-3.jpg

and an assortment of "in progress" pictures from the past three or four months:

projectIcon-2.jpg

projectIcon-1.jpg

...annnnnd...these pictures are from this afternoon - yesterday was my birthday and I ate *all* the food. It's evident in my bloat too. Oh well, needed before pics for Jen Dizzle 2.0. ;) And I really hate showing my tummeh and baby battle wounds. :/ But if it will inspire anyone to start lifting heavy *kitten* - then I'm all in!

12612before.jpg

:noway: :flowerforyou: I love this thread. I come back every day.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Alright - finally had time to throw some pics together.
    I was 220 lbs two years ago and well over 40% bodyfat. I started MFP in July/August 2011 at 187 lbs and 36+% bodyfat. I started lifting in March this year doing NROL4W, abandoned ship the end of July for Starting Strength, and just recently in the past four weeks started a mix of crossfit style workouts with powerlifting.

Today I'm around 150-155, 5'5" and about 24% bodyfat (as far as I can tell). My diet is NOT in check, however, and for this reason my progress hasn't been as good as it COULD be...but nonetheless, I think the lifting has done amazing things for the recomposition of my body. Jen Dizzle version 2.0 starts tomorrow. Taking these pictures today and my slower progress this year are waking me up...I need to get off the sugar train. I'm badddddd with candy *guilty look*.

Start of MFP:
    projectIcon-3.jpg

and an assortment of "in progress" pictures from the past three or four months:

projectIcon-2.jpg

projectIcon-1.jpg

...annnnnd...these pictures are from this afternoon - yesterday was my birthday and I ate *all* the food. It's evident in my bloat too. Oh well, needed before pics for Jen Dizzle 2.0. ;) And I really hate showing my tummeh and baby battle wounds. :/ But if it will inspire anyone to start lifting heavy *kitten* - then I'm all in!

12612before.jpg

:noway: :flowerforyou: I love this thread. I come back every day.

Oh. My. Gods. Amazing work, you have taken not only inches but years off your body!
  • poetrynmotion
    Options
    bump!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    <
    Mine.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    bump for when I finally have an after shot to compare to the before pic in my profile. Have had so many set backs with injury and illness. But I'm back in the gym and ready to get back my freakishly strong physique :laugh:
  • katie__pillar
    Options
    I love all these pictures! I just started stronglifts a couple of weeks ago so no progress pics from me yet, but I'm already starting to feel if not see the difference. I really need to get someone to show me how to use the squat racks though - I'm sure I can squat more than I have been but I can't lift it up onto my shoulders!
  • sprinkels29
    Options
    I love all these pictures! I just started stronglifts a couple of weeks ago so no progress pics from me yet, but I'm already starting to feel if not see the difference. I really need to get someone to show me how to use the squat racks though - I'm sure I can squat more than I have been but I can't lift it up onto my shoulders!

The bar should be starting on the rack so you just walk under it and place your back/shoulders (watch Medhi's vidoes I watch them IN the gym to make sure I am doing it right!) :) Have you watched Medhi's videos? Also we have a Womens Stronglifts 5x5 discussion group here on mfp you should totally join! I'm still new, but there are some very knowledgeable (buff) ladies who can answer questions etc!
  • brittanypeters1990
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Uh .. holy *kitten*!! You are all amazing!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bdough94
    Options
    Can you elaborate on your calorie intake while moving along? I am not new to working out, just new to Heavy Lifting. My goal is to lose Weight (The Body Fat part), so I would appreciate any help or comments on the proper short and long term calorie amounts.
    When and how much deficit with out losing muscle, and when if ever, a surplus if I am still trying to lose Fat?
    Thank You!
  • whatsername2312
    whatsername2312 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • emzack
    emzack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW. Great job!
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The next time another person looks at me and asks "Why are you LIFTING?" I'm going to refer them to this thread. Excellent work everyone! Can't wait till I have something to contribute to this thread myself.
  • tru2m3
    tru2m3 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you for showing me how to do it right!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!