girls with muscle - sexy or turn off?

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else totally hypnotized by the bench press gif?

I can't look away. And I feel like a complete slacker. She. Never. Tires! :noway:

Let me know when that bar finally touches her chest. Or maybe she's doing the bother half of the reps tomorrow?

:tongue:

Really u think so? I know everyone benches different, but my trainer has me stop at the same point where I hit 90 degrees. So u only consider that half a rep?

Its more than a half rep (Mr Dave was exaggerating a bit methinks) but it should really tap your chest .

Yeah I just watched Mendhi in the Stronglifts video, he goes down all the way.. I will tell my bro trainer I'm switching it up lol
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I can't look away. And I feel like a complete slacker. She. Never. Tires! :noway:

Let me know when that bar finally touches her chest. Or maybe she's doing the bother half of the reps tomorrow?

Really u think so? I know everyone benches different, but my trainer has me stop at the same point where I hit 90 degrees. So u only consider that half a rep?

Its more than a half rep (Mr Dave was exaggerating a bit methinks) but it should really tap your chest .

I got so confused about touching the chest or not that I now bench dumbbell ..... I know that going lower than 90 degree was hurting my shoulders.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are. I will upload mine shortly
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Sara knows me too well.

AmandaE, I don't know what your trainer is showing you. If we aren't doing full reps, and the top of the rep is where I want my people to come up short. There is very little benefit in locking out, but all the magic happens at the bottom of the rep.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I got so confused about touching the chest or not that I now bench dumbbell ..... I know that going lower than 90 degree was hurting my shoulders.

Dave Tate is a good one to youtube - there are a bunch of his instructional videos out there. There rest of your set up may not be quite right so it's causing shoulder problems going down lower.
  • DavPul
    Options
    im out of this thread, people get so pissed off at nothing

Dana Linn Bailey will be sorry she missed you.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread to post DLB.

Too much for me but would still think she was kind of sexy if not for her excessive duckfacing in most of her photo shoots.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sexy!
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For me: No way. I like food too much, and have other interests that take priority over lifting weights/being fit. I'm happy with a healthy weight and being able to do the things I want, like bike riding, etc., and getting time to do all the other {nerdy} things I like to do.

For other women: More power to you. That kind of time and devotion deserves respect. And I will give it!

If I was a guy: Yeah, I'm not really into the photos posted on the first page. But that's me. I'm just not into sculpted bodies on women or men. But that's me.

Body is secondary to being funny and having a great smile and laughing eyes. Also, passion about anything is hot. Those are the things I look for before looking at physique.
  • DavPul
    Options

Question: how come all the women in this thread have multiple first names?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHR2mgRxXg3sNTf4GR_aDSRBSRYfFKJN5yv88gspoB-o9p2C2Zuw

Not gonna lie, the V on a woman looks a little freaky to me. Her arms aren't what I would want either. But to each his own.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a girl and think it's sexy. Unfortunately, my family and my boyfriend don't agree. We had this discussion last night at dinner. I pulled up a this picture (my dream body) to show him that muscle was sexy

He said her arms were gross. Whatever...people are crazy.

...Her arms ARE gross. And her traps are excessively large and manly. She has a great stomach, though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a girl and think it's sexy. Unfortunately, my family and my boyfriend don't agree. We had this discussion last night at dinner. I pulled up a this picture (my dream body) to show him that muscle was sexy

...Her arms ARE gross. And her traps are excessively large and manly. She has a great stomach, though.

Nice body shaming....a lot of women on here have similar arms.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think there are too many people that don't like it because it's not what they are use to. I think I look way better with more muscle and I want to build more. I could never date a guy that didn't agree.
  • andreanicole686
    Options

Just because she could easily punch you in the face and knock you out with her arms doesn't mean their gross. She is freaking hot.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sexy! I used to have it, then I got pregnant and everything turned too mush! LOL
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Not sure what you are referring to. Here are some pictures I took not long ago. I think muscles are sexy.
    IMG_20121127_181854-1.jpg
    Backandfront2326x640.jpg
    DSCN1416394x640.jpg
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Just because she could easily punch you in the face and knock you out with her arms doesn't mean their gross. She is freaking hot.

Very much agree. She is hella sexy.
  • andreanicole686
    Options

Not sure what you are referring to. Here are some pictures I took not long ago. I think muscles are sexy.
    IMG_20121127_181854-1.jpg
    Backandfront2326x640.jpg

Exactly! Hot!! :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I like bodies that are toned with muscle definition. However, when people start looking like clouds with bumps all over it turns me off a bit....(male or female).

they-said-i-could-become-anything-so-i-became-a-cloud.jpg

I don't normally laugh at body snarking, but when I do...