Replies

• one15ts
    Options
    I hate not feeling desirable. ):

yea. this for me, too.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Changing room mirrors - reflections from all sides highlighting every ounce in glorious technicolour of blah-ness at the top of your thighs, a harsh reminder of how much hard work you still need to do to reach your goal.......
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I hate that it's hard to button my pants. :(
  • KatLover000
    Options
    Thinking "oh, I will totally fit into these size 10 jeans they look huge!" and not being able to get them past your thighs.

For all my big chested-girls, having to go to XL in a shirt or dress when the rest of your torso is a M or L. Just makes things so much worse.

Yes to both! My chest is huge thanks to having a freaking baby. I went up 2 bra sizes. lol.
  • I hate that it's hard to button my pants. :(

I don't even wear pants with buttons. I would love to though!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    constantly comparing myself to other girls, not being able to have people pick me up carelessly, wearing sweatpants all the time because i'd look fat in anything tight, not being confident period.
  • Thinking "oh, I will totally fit into these size 10 jeans they look huge!" and not being able to get them past your thighs.

totally agree!!!!
    Also people asking me why i'm soo top heavy and have skinny legs. I would love to be proportional.

I know this is kinda sad but i have dealt with it: (2 separate occasions)
    1) my brother asked me if i was on a seafood diet (see food and eat it)
    2) my other brother said that i couldn't meet his girlfriend or his friends because i was fat and it would be embarrassing.
    He said only when i lose weight! *tears*
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    being the biggest girl in the room definitely sucks.. :( I know it's not a competition...but but but *sigh* one day..
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not being sexy in my clothes and trying like hell to push into a Victoria secrets lingerie outfit! I can't wait to wear one of those when I hit my goal!!!!!
  • being the biggest girl in the room definitely sucks.. :( I know it's not a competition...but but but *sigh* one day..

It's not a competition but it totally sucks!
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mostly knowing that I am a wonderful person and people do not see it because of my weight
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    lack of confidence.
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    - Seeing any photo of myself. Always knew I was chubby but would feel a billion times worse if it somehow got captured in a photo. Got to a point where I couldn't look in a mirror without wanting to burst into tears.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Diabetes. High blood pressure. High cholesterol. High risk of heart disease and stroke. Kidney disease from the diabetes. Eye disease and potential blindness from the diabetes, Risk of neuropathy and amputations from the diabetes. Inability to exercise without pain.

At my highest weight ALL of these things became the biggest issue for me... far more than what it looked and/or felt like. Inside I was falling apart. Never being able to find clothes... having to wear men's t-shirts.... stretchy pants... all sucked but all secondary to what it did to my health. Happy to report the diabetes is 100% under control with diet and exercise alone, no medication! I got it under control early enough to avoid any lasting damage to any of my internal organs or my eyes. I was LUCKY and I know it. It started to creep back up on me again and I nipped it in the bud. I now realize I'll have to be diligent for the rest of my life which will now, hopefully, be a longer and healthier life.
  • bubbleswithboom
    Options
    Seeing photos of myself and realizing. "I look like that"
    Also hate having no energy.
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    so true....
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Having to wear a girdle to make my fat rolls not so noticeable. Being the "fat" friend in a group. Not wanting to shop for clothes with my friends because I knew nothing would fit. Having to suck it in for pictures. Having to stick my neck out farther for pictures so my double chin wouldn't show. Dreading getting on roller coaster rides because I was afraid the buckles wouldn't buckle. Never wearing sleeveless shirts because my arms were fat. Always being the fat sister. Constantly tugging at my shirt so it wouldn't cling to my fat rolls. Being genuinely unhappy and disgusted with the person I saw in the mirror. Crying and getting so angry I slapped my stomach because it was so enormous. Always looking down when men passed me because I knew they would find me disgusting.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    special occasions and seeing people I don't see often and wishing I was a size 4 because people take so many pictures
  • ShaSha620
    ShaSha620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    being the "friend" of guys, also seen a post where someone said at the bar the guys trying to get to her to get to her friends, yea that rings a bell here too. i think everyone has one of those family members whos lil miss or mister perfect. had a family gathering a while back and it had been a WHILE since we had a meeting my cousin is only a year younger than me and everyone kept saying what a beautiful young woman she had grown up to be......not one thing was said to me, ouch..
  • souzouchan
    Options
    Having second thoughts on wearing sleeveless shirts in warmer weather cause of the arm flab. :(