what are you proud of about yourself today?

Replies

• Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    I'm proud that
    I have walked 25 miles since the first of the year.
    I have logged and been under calories each day.
    I have had only one can of Pepsi each day. *
    I've been walking even though my feet are really hurting me.**

*I tried going cold turkey, but my body was having difficulty with the caffeine withdrawls. I decided to wean myself off. I finished the last of the 12 pack I bought for this purpose. Now I will go to 1 every 2 or 3 days.

** I have an appointment with the podiatrist on Thursday.
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    The scale went up 3lbs overnight 2 days ago....still hasn't gone back down....I was a little discouraged and binged on about 700 calories in 20 minutes....but I got up, did my workout, burned 400 on my HRM & ate a low cal tuna dinner...which nets me at 1650...50 above my allowance for 2lbs a week.

Eff you scale! I read the thread "read this if the scale won't move" and I feel better. Other people notice my loss maybe I should start believing them!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    That I still got to the gym for weight training even though I was up half the night looking after a sick husband.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    I am proud of the fact that I've been to the gym on my lunch break every day for the past two weeks. I bought a three year membership a year and a half ago, and this is the first time I've used it faithfully.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Is that the Daniel fast? I wasnt able to do it :( You definitely should be proud of yourself! That rocks :D

I am proud that today I ran longer than ive ever been able to in my whole life :D

Yes, I'm on the Daniel Fast--I started last Friday at sundown:drinker: .

You so ROCK for running today longer than ever in your whole life, that's just so tremendous and I'm proud of you! I personally STILL can't run :noway: at all. The fastest I can go on my treadmill is only 3.0-3.5mph at the most. Sometimes though, as I'm listening to the red machine (that's what I call it, the children say it's an IPOD and said it's an IPOD touch--but I like calling it "the red machine":--) anyhoo, sometimes the music is kicking so tough, I call myself trying to run, but it's actually more of a jot :blushing: So again, that's fantabulous of you--WOOT!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    I'm proud that I stopped going for seconds during lunch with my co-workers. They are the best cooks, but I am mindful of portions now. And if i eat extra, I know it's on my running days.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    I am proud of myself today for getting a job interview. I was tired of my unhappy work situation and I am now changing that. I also am proud of myself for working out before work this afternoon when all I wanted was to go back to sleep.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I lost a little more weight
    I got my happy butt out of bed
    I didn't snap at my family today like I did yesterday (seriously, I was a total ogre yesterday)
    I survived my martial arts class when they had NO air in there.

:heart: :heart: MIZTERRY :heart: :heart:

Honey, I'm proud of you!!!! I took a Tae Kwon Do class once and soooooooooo know whatcha mean about there being NO air in there. Go Girl!
  • Went to the gym for 2 hours today
    Burned 1000 cals
    And most importantly... I am on day 3 of stopping smoking! :wink:
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    I'm proud that I have followed Weight Watchers faithfully this month, have not binged for 9 days, and have drunk lots and lots of water. Also, I've lost 6.4 pounds since January 3rd.
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    I'm proud that I've been so much better about counting calories and staying within a healthy range. For a long time, I was eating uncontrollably without considering calories; I used to think counting calories was silly actually. I now realize that it has a huge impact on my weight and health. I have lost 5 lbs which makes me really happy.

I am proud that my jeans are looser now; I would get so frustrated because I had to squeeze into them, lol.

I am also proud of me because, weight loss/goals put aside, I am so close to finishing my academic program and can finally apply to my next program this year! :) All sorts of things to be proud of.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    This thread is full of kickassery!!! go yawl!

TOTALLY!!!!! Reading these replies are super pumping me up and I'm just so utterly THRILLED at the, a-hem," kicka$$ery" that you speak of---these successes super are!!!! Woot!!!!

ETA: :laugh: thinking about that term "kicka$$ery" :laugh: I'm kinda digging it! I may change it myself to kicking major a$$ery though:laugh:
  • eckief
    eckief Posts: 6
    When I got home from work, my daughter and grandson and I went for a 2 mile walk in the fresh, brisk air. After working in a stuffy office all day - that air felt so cleansing and good, plus it gave my daughter and I a chance to talk - she told me things that I never knew about before and it felt good that she trusted me with that! Then later on, instead of watching TV, I got on my elliptical and worked out for another 30 minutes. So I felt good about the choices that I made. However, unlike you, when my husband called and wanted to take us out for Japanese food at one of our favorite sushi places, we did go! We had a great time, but during this program I would like to focus mostly on preparing and eating healthy meals at home. So way to go for you!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    I am proud that I forced myself to do my Chem lab a couple days early even though my couch and TV miss me.
  • joshfei
    joshfei Posts: 6 Member
    I am proud that I have gone 7 days, without a drop of soda. And believe me, that is saying a lot. I have only been using the app a week, but I love it. I wish that I had access to the forums as well, on the app.
  • mlf70
    mlf70 Posts: 16
    Honestly.....I am seriously proud of YOU!!!!! What an incredible testimony to your commitment and the strength that you are gaining from this journey. Congratulations and keep up the great work! You have inspired me.
  • You are awesome! It gets easier believe me.....soon you won't even crave the yucky unhealthy stuff. Junk food will probably make your tummy upset after you get your body used to eating clean. Keep it up, you will set a wonderful example and feel an unbelievable sense of accomplishment! That is the best feeling ever!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    For getting up and out of bed. For breathing in and out though the pain of a couple of things I am going through makes me want to stop. For functioning and apperaing normal in plain site of others while inside I'm screaming with every ounce of my being.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    I'm super proud of my self right now. I have prepared a huge salad, veggies and baked potato for me and that and other things for the family to eat ( I'm on a 21 days Fast, where I'm only eating fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds and abstaining from processed foods, meats, dairy, fried stuff and other things--just for 21 days). My hubby came home and suggested we go out to one of our favorite junk food places to eat dinner. He said we can eat the healthy stuff tomorrow. I told him no, I want to stay on this. Then he said come-on, you know you want this (he and the children are all slim and trim...I'm the only fat one in the house::blushing: :cry: :indifferent:

So, I said, okay.....

Then I looked at myself in the mirror, put my new bigger sized jeans on and they getting to big already in the waist. I said--No, I'm going to stick this out and you guys can go on ahead. This is a HUGE triumph and resisting temptation for me. It's not like 3 weeks is forever and I want to be ready spiritually, mentally and a bit more slimmer by springtime!

Then they all said, we'll pass too and what a great dinner it was. I'm doing this fast mainly for spiritual reasons, but also for my health and I'm thrilled and proud of myself!

What are you proud of today?!?

Gread job! I really proud of you :smile:

That fact you were able to do that proves you have what it takes to be successful.
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    I worked out really hard last night at the gym and so far this wk, my eating has been good. I'm really feeling that I am going to see some results!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!