Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great. My trainer has encouraged me to not be afraid of lifting because it's really difficult to turn into a female Hercules...otherwise we would all look like that. This lady looks dynamite! She's not overly muscular and still has a nice, feminine line to her form.

I absolutely support it, and would love to get to that point some day!

Strong bodies. Strong minds. :)
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    It's really sad the kind of society we live in. Everybody is so quick to offer criticism. Why is it even relevant to state that you "wouldn't want to look like that?" Does it make people feel better to say that? Smug, even? Is it any wonder that bullying among today's children has become such a widespread problem? To those who feel entitled to criticize, take a step back and think about what you actually got out of making negative comments about this person. She may "look" tough, but I bet she has feelings just like the rest of us.

This^
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You people get your idea of "feminine" and "masculine" looking from society and movies.
    If someone, at the peak of their fitness, looks like this, and is a woman, that's feminine. There's no definition of what everyone should look like.
    I sense a lot of jealousy in this thread.

The idea of feminine and masculine comes from the effect of estrogen and testosterone on the human body. Soft facial features, a .7 waist to hip ratio, and several other things define fertility, and femininity. The same with masculinity, square jaw, smaller eyes, broad shoulders deep voice etc. None of this is caused by society, it's biology.

Well some of it is caused by society...

Like most people would consider a man with a smiling kitty cat avatar to be extremely feminine. That's purely society.

(told you, you people will not like the same game turned around on you. You should stop now.)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Bunch of big mean jealous bullies! Gorgeous body with hard work and dedication! Ultimate test will be who looks the best when they are 60 or 70 the one who lifted or the one who didnt.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Natashaa1991 - each to their own. I don't understand why you have to come and post this on the thread which is promoting healthy living and lifting, however?

Does no cardio = "heatlhy living". The cardiovascular system is arguably as important as what you see in the mirror.

Read the rest of the thread please. Don't just come on to argue - thanks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

i dont think just lifting 'a weight' will make you look like that!!!!
  • SilverSquid
    Options
    You people get your idea of "feminine" and "masculine" looking from society and movies.
    If someone, at the peak of their fitness, looks like this, and is a woman, that's feminine. There's no definition of what everyone should look like.
    I sense a lot of jealousy in this thread.

The idea of feminine and masculine comes from the effect of estrogen and testosterone on the human body. Soft facial features, a .7 waist to hip ratio, and several other things define fertility, and femininity. The same with masculinity, square jaw, smaller eyes, broad shoulders deep voice etc. None of this is caused by society, it's biology.

Well some of it is caused by society...

Like most people would consider a man with a smiling kitty cat avatar to be extremely feminine. That's purely society.

(told you, you people will not like the same game turned around on you. You should stop now.)

Lol
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It's relevant for the same reason Lance Armstrong lost all his "champion" titles. Her physique was gained through plastic surgery. All it requires is money to get fake boobs, not exercise or diet or "hard work."

Her boobs are plastic surgery, the rest is hard work. You think if you got breasts implants that your abs would suddenly look like that? If so, sign me up.

Comparing her to a professional athlete that cheated and lied about it for years is absurd.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Natashaa1991 - each to their own. I don't understand why you have to come and post this on the thread which is promoting healthy living and lifting, however?

Does no cardio = "heatlhy living". The cardiovascular system is arguably as important as what you see in the mirror.

I'm sure high rep squats are plenty 'cardio' enough. Reading her routine on the other thread I cannot believe it does not elevate her heart rate and thus improve her cardiovascular fitness.

I excect she is uber healthy.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! I admire her for all of her hard work and have to admit to being a bit jealous. :smile:
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job!

the ppl who talk trash must not have been told by their mothers that if they had nothing nice to say, to keep their mouth shut. Oh well! Their loss.
  • Kmenczynski88
    Kmenczynski88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think the boob job comments are hilarious as most are from people who wouldn't ever make it to being that lean. Try to reach her body fat levels and still have a huge natural rack....you won't.

Well clearly you haven't read the thread, because he stated that she had the boob job before she started training like that. That aside, even the simple act of losing weight will make you lose weight in boobs for most women since they are mostly comprised of fat.

You clearly didn't understand my comment.... it was directed at all the people HATING on her having implants. I'm saying as a female with low body fat you will not have a huge rack naturally.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I prefer looking "effortlessly" beatiful - this whole muscle thing is no way that. and the fake boobs sure don't help

just don't like people who look like they try soooo hard
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    She looks smoking hot! Forwarded this to my wife as inspiration.

I really don't know what people are talking about with too much muscle. You can tell she's extremely fit, but she isn't bulgy or anything at all. Very feminine, and you sir are a lucky man!

I much prefer this to skinny and am happy that more women are embracing the whole S.I.N.S. movement.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thats some hardwork and dedication right there. Just staying on the diet plan would kill me.
  • Nikki_XC
    Options
    i will never lift a weight! women with muscles that big are just weird (no offence to anyone)

I has a sad for this person. Someone please educate those who refuse to lift weights that you cannot possibly be ripped like this from lifting alone. Diet has a lot to do with how you will look from weight training. *smh*
    There are a ton of health benefits outside of achieving a certain physical appearance when lifting. Stronger bones is an important one for me. Metabolic benefits also are why I prefer weights to standard cardio. I mountain bike a ton, so when I'm in the gym, I'm more focused on the weights than anything else.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    She is clearly very dedicated, has worked so hard, and very pleased with her result and so she should be she looks amazing! The fact she has had implants is really nothing to do with anyone, its her personal choice. She has a very dark tan which will show the definition more so, especially as a photo on here but she isnt big, masculine or bulky in my opinion, she looks great!! Really inspirational!! :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

i wouldn't want to look like that

I would, she looks amazing.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would rather have lean soft curves and a womaly squishiness then all off those hard abs and muscles. i like being soft gently tones and feminine.

I think she looks great and i admire her hard work but not my standard of feminie beauty either.

This is more of what I aspire too:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=natural+healthy+woman+in+bathing+suit&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=D807AEA3A873D849AC9E451E4047E5D6C4FFD719&selectedIndex=47
    I would cry if I looked like that. I guess I would learn to enjoy ice cream over working out!
    To each their own though ;)

You would cry if you looked like Marilyn Monroe? Don't make me laugh.
    That woman doesn't look like Marilyn Monroe. Sorry.

FYI, the white bahing suit photo? MM was pregnant in that picture.
  • Bigora
    Bigora Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    meepsterbird:

It's really sad the kind of society we live in. Everybody is so quick to offer criticism. Why is it even relevant to state that you "wouldn't want to look like that?" Does it make people feel better to say that? Smug, even? Is it any wonder that bullying among today's children has become such a widespread problem? To those who feel entitled to criticize, take a step back and think about what you actually got out of making negative comments about this person. She may "look" tough, but I bet she has feelings just like the rest of us.

(Sorry lost the Quote)

Thats what I was thinking. People are so quick to judge or criticize these days.