PJ's in public?

Replies

• Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    I babysit Saturday mornings and I usually roll out of bed last minute to pick the little guy up. Most of the time I pick him up still in my PJs... I don't really care...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    I am not saying I am pro/con PJ's in public...but...I work in the medical field, wear scrubs to work. What is the difference between wearing scrub pants in public vs "pajama bottoms"? Most of my pajama bottoms are nicer and of better quaility than my work clothes...

My hubby doesn't change out of his scrubs after I pick him up from work to go have dinner or go grocery shopping. And before the germaphobes go completely ape crap, he works in a sterilized OR. When I worked @ the hospital, I wouldn't change either. Unless of course we're covered in blood or other bodily fluids. But for the most part, we're sanitized from head to toe given the department we work/worked in.

And plus 1 on the crappy quality of scrubs. My sweat pants, which is what I usually sleep in, are 100x better quality!

I dunno. isn't a hospital the most effective place to pick up a MRSA infection? Even in a "sterilized OR" ...

There are a million other variables needed to contract MRSA in a hospital or health care setting but I won't go into it as I'd be hijacking the hell out of the thread. But I'm sure medical professionals are thinking about how their scrubs offend people in public right after getting off 10-12 hour shifts. You know, 10-12 hours of keeping people alive. And contracting MRSA, obviously.

Obviously. Thank you.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Yoga pants and a t-shirt/tank top is about as far as I'll go.

I have made a couple emergency runs to the grocery store or pharmacy when I was really sick and desperate for comfort, but even then I wore a matching velour tracksuit (are those things even "in" anymore?) over a tank top, put my unruly hair in a ponytail and smacked on some concealer, mascara and chapstick. I try to take a little pride in my appearance.

I would never think of going out in public in my pj's. When I see people who do, I just think that they have quit trying at life.
  • sullus

I have made a couple emergency runs to the grocery store or pharmacy when I was really sick and desperate for comfort, but even then I wore a matching velour tracksuit (are those things even "in" anymore?) over a tank top, put my unruly hair in a ponytail and smacked on some concealer, mascara and chapstick. I try to take a little pride in my appearance.

I would never think of going out in public in my pj's. When I see people who do, I just think that they have quit trying at life.

I like when women call putting on makeup as "taking pride in their appearance". if you had any pride in your appearance you wouldnt feel compelled to cover it up.
  • chocolateandpb

I like when women call putting on makeup as "taking pride in their appearance". if you had any pride in your appearance you wouldnt feel compelled to cover it up.

I was mostly referring to the PJs, but judge away if it makes you feel better about yourself.
  • Hi ,
    I'm new her :)
    can I join the discussion ?
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member

I was mostly referring to the PJs, but judge away if it makes you feel better about yourself.

pot, meet kettle.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member

Really? You made a much bigger judgement of people not trying at life because they are in jammies...you feel better?
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    I wear PJ's in public sometimes, don't care what anyone else thinks.
  • "I just can't do that."

Okay..then don't.

/endofstory
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    I've run out to get gas or the corner store near my house before. My husband and I used to go out and have a mini date in the middle of the night before, when my mom lived with us. We'd go out in pj's and hit a drive thru or something. I haven't given up, I just have no one to impress and don't care what others think.
  • chocolateandpb

Really? You made a much bigger judgement of people not trying at life because they are in jammies...you feel better?

OMG internet fight!
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member

I second that your both judging
  • sullus

you too, pumpkin.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    My sister leant me some clothes once to go on holiday ... When she saw the photos of me wandering round a hilltop church in she told me i was wearing her pyjamas !
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member

OMG internet fight!

I win the Interwebz...everyone knows that.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    PJ's are for wearing to Walmart. Sleep naked.
  • chocolateandpb

OMG internet fight!

I win the Interwebz...everyone knows that.

That's cool, I win at life. :wink:
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    I wear PJs in public if I'm running a quick errand. Glad to know that all these people who don't know me are judging me and bashing me in their heads... how am I affecting them, and how am I any of their damn business?
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    pjs are fine late at night and early in the morning

this coming from the girl who at 14 walked to her friends house (15minutes away) in a dressing gown, do-rag and slippers...then went into town in said dressing gown and slippers !!..it was just one of those days (saying that it wasn't the classiest of neighbourhoods....wouldn't do it now here !)

please note I do wear make-up etc !!