Starting P90X/Insanity in February

I'm currently 2 weeks into my 2ND round of P90X. I've just ordered Insanity. My wife and sister in-law who have seen my round one results were so pumped up that they too wanted to join me.

Anyone else who are already doing either P90X and/or Insanity, feel free to join here to hold each other accountable :)

Replies

• EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi, I've restarted Insanity today. Completed 4 weeks before Christmas but have been ill so decided to start from scratch.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Hi, I've restarted Insanity today. Completed 4 weeks before Christmas but have been ill so decided to start from scratch.

Emma: That's awesome. What are your goals for this round?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Just finished week one of month two today. ;)
  • proton77
    Just finished week one of month two today. ;)

Good job, Jennie! Are you doing Insanity or P90X?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Insanity. I opted for that because I didn't want to buy the extra stuff you need for p90X. I have a friend who is on her second round of P90X. She got awesome results the first time and just want more.

ETA: I plan on taking a month off when I'm done and doing it over again.
  • MommaSand
    MommaSand Posts: 7 Member
    I have the Insanity workout on it's way. I just know it's going to kill me, but I'm going to give it my all. I'm actually kind of excited to see just how much I can take.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    I am doing Insanity... just started this week... my last blog post was about it actually.

http://likeatrex.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-things-people-forget-to-tell-you/
  • proton77
    Insanity. I opted for that because I didn't want to buy the extra stuff you need for p90X. I have a friend who is on her second round of P90X. She got awesome results the first time and just want more.

ETA: I plan on taking a month off when I'm done and doing it over again.

My wife is joining me for Insanity on 2/4. Since I've done a round of P90X, I "think" I can do it. Just so I can help set my wife's expectation, what would you say to a female who hasn't done any intense workout like such?
  • proton77
    I have the Insanity workout on it's way. I just know it's going to kill me, but I'm going to give it my all. I'm actually kind of excited to see just how much I can take.

That's the spirit! :)
  • proton77
    I am doing Insanity... just started this week... my last blog post was about it actually.

http://likeatrex.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-things-people-forget-to-tell-you/

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to check in here on a daily basis to encourage each other :)
  • proton77
    Have done both-- loved em both. Currently doing a hybrid of insanity/lifting-- but was actually contemplating returning to P90x to mix it up a bit. Good luck to all- and enjoy!

Way to go man! I tried lifting right after I got done with P90X but quickly returned to doing P90X because I still prefer following the video and not have to remember what to do next.
  • heronfolder
    heronfolder Posts: 27 Member
    Is Insanity something you could reasonably expect to start maybe a week or so after completing 30 day shred?
  • proton77
    Is Insanity something you could reasonably expect to start maybe a week or so after completing 30 day shred?

Absolutely. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to start that right away given that 30 Day Shred is pretty much cardio and that should have given you a good foundation for Insanity.
  • Nice, I'm just starting Insanity tonight. Totally pumped and ready to work my butt off and see changes. Somewhat nervous as well since this is my first time. Got a co-worker that did about 6 weeks, and got sick and couldn't do the workout for awhile. She loves it, and we're both starting today. Good luck with your second go around! :wink:
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    I did the fit test for insanity yesterday and threw up afterwards... I did want to keep going this morning but I seemed to have really hurt my back (probably jumping around incorrectly...) So I am likely going to keep my results from this fitness test but start the workouts next tuesday.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    I did the fit test for insanity yesterday and threw up afterwards... I did want to keep going this morning but I seemed to have really hurt my back (probably jumping around incorrectly...) So I am likely going to keep my results from this fitness test but start the workouts next tuesday.

I'm at a pretty fantastic level of fitness and I still almost threw up the first couple times I did insanity. It gets better - you get used to it :) I think your stomach just needs to get used to being jostled around like that, haha.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    I got insanity on weekend. Just finishing 30DS and starting Insanity on 4/2 . I can't wait but kindof nervous too.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm starting p90x on Saturday.
  • jbirdica
    jbirdica Posts: 37 Member
    Just finished up week 3 of Insanity. Absolutely love it!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    I'm starting insanity after 30 DS (about valentines day), I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!