What Do WOMEN want for Valentines Day?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    diamondcandles.com

This is SOOOO cute! I'd never heard of it before but that would be such an awesome gift!!!

I have been begging hubs to write something romantic for the past 5 years - I want to know how he truly feels and he has a hard time putting it into words. He finally did for my birthday. He's in Greece and sent me flowers with a love note. It was the single BEST gift I've ever gotten from him (he's gotten me Tiffany's before, and as much as I love my bracelet, this topped it for sure!).
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Sex and cupcakes.

I would have sex for cupcakes!! Id do almost anything for cupcakes....
  • rjwriter78
    rjwriter78 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree! Lol!
  • rjwriter78
    rjwriter78 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    nothing.
    Worst fake holiday ever! =)

I agree! Lol!
  • Lyndz_88
    Options
    romance above anything else... even if people do think its a fake holdiay, its an excuse to make the effort, when otherwise they wouldnt
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Instead of buying chocolates, make homemade cookies!!! :)
    A nice homemade meal, romantic, candles and stuff.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    my dirty dreams to be real :tongue:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Anything I would love: shoes, jewelry, tickets to a musical/ballet/opera, a nice dinner out, a fancy homecooked meal, a massage, a mani/pedi, or clothes. My man knowswhat I want :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    To go out with my girl friends.... No men allowed

Not really in the spirit. Is it?
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    attention, plain and simple. whether that means going on an extravagantly fancy date or spending some quality time at the lake is up to you. just give her all your attention for a few hours, make her a priority.

^^^^This^^^^
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Cash.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not an electric floor scrubber... I got that once. lol
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For you to put the damn toilet seat down. I mean, seriously, how many times does she have to tell you?

LMAO! I saw that in the pic too. The greatest Valentine's day gift a wife can receive, however, is a spotless* house that is a surprise. You want our love? Work for it.

*Includes laundry and scrubbing toilets.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I never know what to expect, but I DO know that I am one lucky lady....my Hubs is the Valentine's Day king!

Last year, he paid a barbershop quartet to serenade me in my daughter's school parking lot when I volunteered in the classroom that day, and they gave me a rose when they finished.

The year before that, he made a banner that said, "Don't tailgate...this driver is my whole life" and attached it to the back of my van. I didn't know it was there until I had already driven around town doing errands. At my last stop, a grocery store, the lady parked behind me commented about how sweet it was...and I hadn't a clue what she was talking about!

He's taken out Valentine's ads in the newspaper, called into radio stations to dedicate songs to me, cooked me romantic dinners, written sheets of lovely letters and poems, and on and on it goes. And it's not just Valentime's Day, either...he's like this alllll the time!

We've been married 14 years. It never gets old. :heart: :smile:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Someone Too hand me the remote and do all the work .EX: Someone else to cook, clean, go to work, do the shopping. car pool, take the kid to her after school activities, walk the dog, and tuck me in with some great sex.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My opinion, is the gift all woman want has nothing to do with gifts. A wife wants to know you think she is the most beautiful woman he knows and you are lucky to have her in your life. Woman want to feel beautiful, sexy, smart, and if you have kids she wants to know you think she is a great mom. As a spouse/partner you carry a lot of weight in your compliments or critiques. Save the money from high priced flowers on VD day, and get her something she would not buy herself. An expensive bottle of wine, a gift card to get new clothes, gift cards for ebooks if she has a ereader. I promise you if she is a reader there is a list of books she would love to purchase but seem too expensive for her to get when there are soo many other expenses that make more logic sense. So, that is my opinion. For those wondering yes, I am married and have been for more than 10 years. :drinker:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Don't know that I can help because every woman is different. I always love diamonds or other precious stone jewelry.

However, we built a house in 2011 and last year I got 6 rose bushes for a rose garden I wanted to put in. This year I'm getting 5 additional rose bushes for the rose garden. I will also state that the rose bushes are WAY less expensive than jewelry however, we are putting in a pool in the fall, so I'm willing to pinch pennies for all holidays, etc b/c I'm gettin' a pool (something I wanted, he doesn't care one way or another about).

How about cooking for her? A romantic, real meal.....if it's too cold where you are at you can do an "indoor" picnic with a red table cloth or blanket, include some flowers, candles, china, crystal, good wine (we did this one time in our bedroom on the floor...it was great b/c we still had a kid at home, except he's a chef and I don't cook, so I had it catered by a local Italian restaurant).

Women want to know you put thought into the gift; I know I said jewelry is always good, but it should "mean" something. Not just be the most in fashion item or something the sale person recommended. Something that means something between the two of you. Ie. My name is Vanessa, it is a type of butterfly; my husband has bought me all kinds of butterfly jewelry; all very unique. I have never seen another woman with any of it, ever and we've lived all over the US.

My husband found a really cool carved box and he wrote a poem, then rolled it up like a scroll and put it inside the box; I still have both.
  • xcrmonger
    xcrmonger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd love an FNP45 and have been dropping hints, but really, the only requirement is the man I love at my side.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I want to have a beer, play some video games, and watch some TV. (Currently we're plowing through Lie to Me, I WANT to watch Walking Dead but we haven't seen any of Season 3 yet).

For a gift: There are a few books on my list I would like, some new weights and work out DVDs, and there's some XBOX games I want.
    Oh and these shoes which he won't buy.
    http://www.nastygal.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/_/marissa-platform/productID/57683484-2703-4521-a9e7-1ec81bb76dbf/categoryID/828de1ae-ab82-46ed-839b-0fe0522d1e25
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    A valentine?