Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Legs & Back today. I barely made it through and had nothing left in the tank to even try Ab Ripper. Do you all really do Ab Ripper first, with no warmup or anything? Today I took the band off the pullup bar and pushed the chair under there. Definitely felt like a better workout but I was still doing a lot of the work with my legs. :tongue:

I am still feeling my chest from Wednesday, all those pushups!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a place for a chin up bar :sad:

I don't do Ab Ripper first. It is always last for me

Oh well. I did 45 min of Yoga today. I am going away for another baseball tournament so I am thinking I may do legs & back later today. Do you think it will hurt to do 2 in one day? or should I just wait until I get back on Sunday? I get a lot of exercise on the field with the kids so that is not the issue
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I don't do Ab Ripper first, but I did used to do abs first with Slim in 6.

I like doing pull-ups with the chair too, and I definitely use more leg than back, but I still keep trying!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    I do Ab Ripper first otherwise I'm so worn out at the end (especially with legs and back).

MommyH- I think you would be fine doing both. I often run and do p90x; as long as there is enough time in between you should be ok! Might not hurt to take a little break though either :)

I too do my pull ups with a chair (and a lot of leg). I wish I had the upper body strength to do them regular (I envy Dreya....she's tough). Maybe someday...

Just finished up week 6. Moving home tomorrow for the half of the summer back to my parent's house. Busy busy day!

Those pushups- the one-armed and plyo's get me every time. Ah!

MommyH- Did you get a new haircut?! LOVE the blonde!
  • mommyhof3
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I got a haircut. I went for a trim and he took 4 or so inches off my hair :sad: Blonde is my natural color but I never stay the same. I always get bored and change it :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    So, speaking of Ab Ripper X, I'm curious about what everyone's most challenging exercise on there is. For me, it's Crunchy Frog. Is that odd? That's the only one usually have to take a break on. I do 15, pause, then do 10 more. (I did them without pausing today. Whew.) The ones that Tony indicates are more difficult are the ones I find to be pretty easy. Second hardest for me is Oblique V-Ups. I don't have to pause, but they sure are uncomfortable!

In success news, I weighed less this morning than I have ever in a long, LONG time, like about 30 years. Cool, huh? :tongue: :tongue:
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    So, speaking of Ab Ripper X, I'm curious about what everyone's most challenging exercise on there is. For me, it's Crunchy Frog. Is that odd? That's the only one usually have to take a break on. I do 15, pause, then do 10 more. (I did them without pausing today. Whew.) The ones that Tony indicates are more difficult are the ones I find to be pretty easy. Second hardest for me is Oblique V-Ups. I don't have to pause, but they sure are uncomfortable!

In success news, I weighed less this morning than I have ever in a long, LONG time, like about 30 years. Cool, huh? :tongue: :tongue:

Way to go PJilly! That's excellent news!

For me, it's those darn Fifer scissors! I feel like he counts sooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwww. And the backwards bicycles. I guess I'm just uncoordinated.
  • mommyhof3
    Options

Mine is the last one. I can't even touch the ground with my fist lol But the ones I find hard are the backwards bicycle, fifer scissors, crunchy frog, and the last one

Woohoo on the loss :drinker:
  • cynthials
    Options
    The Fifer scissors are really hard for me, also. I went thru 2 rounds of physical therapy last year because my hips/pelvis was tilted as a result of childbirth. I still struggle from lower back pain but I know once I get my abdominal muscles built back up it will go away. The Fifer scissors for some reason really aggravate my lower back (I guess because I am pulling on the abdominals in the front part there). I have only made it thru the Ab Ripper X video twice since I started this round. :ohwell: There's my big confession for the day!!! Oh, and I HATE the Dreya Roll!!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! I don't think that's in Ab Ripper but damn, I HATE it!! :laugh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks!

Yeah, why ARE the bicycles so much harder backward?
  • PJilly
    Options
    The Fifer scissors are really hard for me, also. I went thru 2 rounds of physical therapy last year because my hips/pelvis was tilted as a result of childbirth. I still struggle from lower back pain but I know once I get my abdominal muscles built back up it will go away. The Fifer scissors for some reason really aggravate my lower back (I guess because I am pulling on the abdominals in the front part there). I have only made it thru the Ab Ripper X video twice since I started this round. :ohwell: There's my big confession for the day!!! Oh, and I HATE the Dreya Roll!!!! HATE HATE HATE!!! I don't think that's in Ab Ripper but damn, I HATE it!! :laugh:
    Those Fifer scissors were hard for me at first too, and they're hard for me if I happen to be having any lower-back pain, so I understand how they would be really hard for someone who has lower-back issues. What I did on my first round of X was just do so many reps of each exercise. I think I started at 10 and worked my way up from there. Maybe you could try that? It would be better than getting discouraged and not doing Ab Ripper at all. I wouldn't blame you if you just skipped by Fifer scissors! :-)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Yeah, why ARE the bicycles so much harder backward?

RIIIIIGHT!?! When I did that on ab ripper I was like WTF?!?!?!

Anyway, Plyo wasn't as bad as I was fearing. I thought it would be more along the lines of Insanity and it was a wee bit easier.
  • annalisa85
    annalisa85 Posts: 41
    Options

Great Job on the loss!! Its always encouraging to see results from everyone!! Gives one something to look forward to...:smile:

Ab Ripper X...reverse bicycle is a tough one for me, I feel like I just can't move my legs like that! How do they do that in the video?! The other two really difficult ones for me are the Roll-up/V-up and the Mason Twist. I'm still not doing the 25 reps that they do (I stop at 15) but I'm still trying. I did manage to do 40 of the Mason Twists yesterday, so I was pretty excited about that.

Today is Kenpo for me and looking forward to it! I like all of the punch combos but I'm still not very coordinated with all of the kicking yet.

Have a Great Memorial Weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Kenpo for me today too. It's my favorite! I have a sore foot this morning (tripped and fell last night — sober, even!) and tweaked my foot, ankle and knee, but my foot is really the only thing that still hurts this morning, especially if I stand on my toes. Ouch!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    My heel is on FIRE today. Doing Plyo yesterday was probably not the wisest of choices. :( I have been battling with plantar fasciitis for forever it seems. :angry: :grumble: :explode:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Doing Plyo the first time messed me up for a bit. I prefer to workout barefoot. I quickly discovered that's NOT a good idea with Plyo. I still do it for all my other workouts, though. I wonder if I should wear my shoes for Kenpo today for a little extra support since I'm already hurting.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Doing Plyo the first time messed me up for a bit. I prefer to workout barefoot. I quickly discovered that's NOT a good idea with Plyo. I still do it for all my other workouts, though. I wonder if I should wear my shoes for Kenpo today for a little extra support since I'm already hurting.

I would especially since you tweaked it. When you are done you should ice it for 20 min and take some advil to help with the pain/swelling.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will. I'm off to go work out now. See ya!
  • cynthials
    Options
    Yesterday did Kenpo. Today I am enjoying another rest day (I also took Thursday off). It feels like this "new" week (week 5) really pushed my body in different directions, I am SO SORE today! I guess the trick with the chair under the pullup bar must really work better than the bands, my back is really feeling those pullups today!

Hope you all are having a great Sunday and holiday weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I totally agree with you on Week 5 pushing (and pulling) us in new ways! I'm glad to have a rest day today. Kenpo was good yesterday. I had to be careful with my sore foot not to put too much weight directly on the big toe, which is where it hurts most, but I was able to do it all (with shoes). I did the ibuprofen and ice afterward too.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday and are ready to bring it for the beginning of Week 6 tomorrow!