Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends - wow, March 1st and suddenly I am just beyond exhausted! I even took a nap this afternoon and I'm still sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. So I'm giving in to my weakness here, supper, and then I'm going to curl up with a book (and will likely fall asleep over it).

March goals:

1. Keep up with having raw walnuts in my food choices everyday. Go Omegas!

2. Minimum of 6 miles of steps each day that I'm in town and not stuck in the car all day.

3. Focus on my internal conversation working towards more positive self-talk.

I think that's all folks.

Stay safe, be healthy, drink that water.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @Susan- I have a question for you, is there a list of Cap’s nutritional information anywhere online? I forgot to ask when getting my Black and Bleu salad last week at Capriotti's. It was awesome and I’ll be getting more of them especially if this is correct.
    Capriotti's nutrition Black and Bleu salad.

Hey Tom!! Unfortunately, this is one area we need to get completed immediately. I guess they had a company working on the nutritionals, but when it came back they found way too many mistakes and we're having them all redone. Nothing has been officially posted yet. Believe me. I want them very badly as well. Like any item when you have cheese, mayo, sauces, etc. . . involved you have to know how to build your sandwich. The Bobbie is my favorite and if you get it without mayo I know it shaves off almost 200 calories because it's extra heavy blend. Seriously!! Not sure on the salads, but as soon as we have something it will be posted that's for sure. I haven't tried the salad yet, but I hear there all pretty good.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday MFP friends. I hope you all are having a great day and looking forward to the weekend. I have had a fairly good day. I managed to get some housework and some banking done. I was reading a thread about people counting calories for housework and wondered what you guys thought. I usually take some a couple times a week Its for the days when I do the more in depth cleaning not the day to day maintenance stuff. Then on those days I only count half the time I spent cleaning since I dont want to inadvertently count to much just curious on what you all thought.

Friday fitness I am happy to say I have worked out every ay this week since Sunday. I think this is only the second time since I started that I ddin't flake after two or three days.

I think for my March goals I am going to work on the positive reinforcement. I have been trying to get better about that already. I am also going to incorporate at least two days of core work every week. Not sure what this consists of but hey thats what youtube and google are for.:tongue: Finally I am going to commit to no eating out until My husband comes home agian which should be towards the end of the month. I am not to worried about the water as I already drink 8-12 twenty ounce glasses a day.

Toots: I prefer regency era for my historical romances as well. I tell my mom those are my fluff reading where I can read the book without having to focus to hard on it to keep up. Other then that I like suspense and fantasy quite a bit but those tend to take a little more attention so it is all about what I am in the mood for.

Sunday: wii and dancing
    Monday: wii and dancing
    Tuesday: walking
    Wednesday: walking
    Thursday: walking
    Friday: walking and cleaning might do some wii a littl later

Have a great Friday everyone:heart::heart:
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Annddd.. my truth..
    hmmm...

I have never told anyone this. so shh.. I write on my tummy with a sharpie I write mean things.. things that a bully would say to a big person, it keeps me movin'. :/ idk if thats healthy..

i make my stomach talk, as though my belly button is a mouth and say things like, 'i'm cellulite. nobody loves me' :laugh:
    Ha.! Makes me feel normal to know I am not the only one doing something weird. WAIT.. not that you are weiird.. i'm weird. lol. XD
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    March challenge:

1. Drink between 10-12 glasses of water daily 1/31 (had 12)
    2. Write something positive about myself/achieve 1/31 (I focused on burning 1007 cals tonight for the first time. EVER.)

I decided I will end each journal entry with a quote. Tonight's that I found "Continuous effort- not strength or intelligence- is the key to unlocking our potential" ~ Winston Churchill

Good night all!

Rachael
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    March Chaellenge
    1. Log onto this message board every day at least 5 times a week !
    2. Drink more water

I have also descided to hide the scales till like the end of may ! I am losing inches not alot of weight on the scales and i want to see a great number when i weigh back in at the end of may !
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I love to see all the great challenges people have set for themselves this month. We will be roaring like a lion in no time at all.

Today, I climbed more routes that involved ledges and ceilings than I had in a long time. Most of the routes I choose tonight had some type of overhang or ceiling to get over. This is a great accomplishment for me since I typically fall these walls. I did not fall off, took a couple of breaks and powered my way to the top. It was a wonderful climbing night. For the new people, I go rock climbing every Friday night, not only do I enjoy it but it provides a full body workout and stress relief. The challenge I have been dealing with is getting over a ceiling and up to the next level without falling off. This skill takes lots of upper body strength plus the ability to push up using the legs at the same time.

I did not get the condo I was thinking about buying. I found out today that it under contract. I am okay with this, since I believe the perfect house is out there for me.

March challenges
    1. Water between 15-18 cups a day.
    2. Add mobility exercises back into my routine for back and shoulders at least 3 x's a week
    3. State the positives in my life, especially when I do better on a reoccurring activity.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a little behind due to a busy couple of days and now I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something. Hoping it's just a cold and not the flu. Due to not feeling well, I'm just gonna do a few personals and then hit the hay.

@tammy--I never log day to day cleaning, but if do something that requires extra effort, like scrubbing the bathtub or floors, I log it. Like you, I only log a portion of the time--at most half.

@bailey--it doesn't matter if you run the whole 5k in April--just shoot for the best time you can manage and have fun! I started c25k in June 2011 and ran a 5k 8 weeks later. I took a couple of walking breaks, but ran most of it. I was happy just to finish and establish a time to beat. :smile:

@des--what will you be teaching?

@rachael--working out at night has the opposite affect on me. If I run after 7pm or so, I sleep like a rock. The problem is, it's really hard for me to run that late--if I don't do it immediately after getting home from work (around 4:30), I tend to not do it at all.

Congrats to all of you losing lbs and inches! :drinker:

Thursday Truth:
    I went to a baby shower after work yesterday (2 of our English teachers are expecting), and I ate way too much junk. I felt queasy the whole way home, and when I logged it, I was way over calories and way low on protein. I ran 3 miles on my treadmill at a 2% incline. It took forever (I'm so slow uphill!), but I burned 500 calories. Then I did my sore work and ate some roast beef to make up for my lack of protein. I was still over, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Friday Fitness:
    Nothing today. I've been tired all week and I actually felt a bit woozy during my 9th hour study hall. I thought it was just b/c I was running around making copies and organizing my room for Monday, so I joined some colleagues for cocktails after work. By the time I headed home, my throat was feeling scratchy and it was clear I'm coming down with something. :grumble: I'm supposed to go to my friend's in Lake Geneva tomorrow. We have a spa afternoon planned, so I hope this is just a cold and nothing more serious like the flu or strep. Going to bed now in hopes it will help.

For the March challenge I'm going to add some arm work to my core routine. I do arms when lifting at the gym, but I need something more consistent. I also, want to increase my time on my planks--I'm still struggling to get past about 45 seconds. I'm going to try to increase by 5 seconds/week. Finally, I want to increase my reps for push-ups--I worked up to 12 and haven't really pushed myself to get beyond that number. I keep telling myself I'm working on my form, but that's been for like a year, so I think it's time I push myself to do more. :wink:

March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. do core routine at least 3x week
    2. add bicep curls, tricep extensions, and shoulder press to my core routine
    3. increase hold time for planks (regular forearm and straight-arm side planks)
    4. increase push up reps
  • susan2396
    Options
    Friday Fitness: It sounds good typing it. LOL!! I'm having a tough time juggling things right now. The weekend is going to be gorgeous so I'm getting out Saturday and Sunday for probably 4 mile walks each day. Hopefully, this will help to kick start me back into every day mode. I know the weight is just sitting there and I need to move if I want it to start moving down again. Good week in everything else except the fitness.

March Challenge: I definitely am not committing to all four that's for sure. Too much stress if I mess up. I think I'm going for the positive talk. I'm very quick to put myself down or find excuses. This will take some work, but a good lesson. Thanks to all the wonderful suggestions and lets make this a great start to a beautiful spring!!!
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    One benefit of being away for a while is reading these huge accomplishments everyone has made! That's fabulous, @laurie yours really jumped out last time I was consistently on here you weren't even writing about attempting overhangs, let alone conquering them.

I have fallen into that trap as many of us do - or maybe tis just me-thinking I can do this on my own and have met with less than stellar success, actually no success I gained and am very frustrated to admit I left Onederland and haven't yet made it back. So lesson learned. I also learned how quickly your body can get out of shape. I had my first race of the season last Sunday. Disney Princess 1/2 marathon and had planned on getting in running and my crosstraining and everything would be dandy. I just don't have what it takes to force myself to get on a treadmill, got in some sessions but never above 5 miles. I think the crosstraining with jazzercise helped but not like I thought it would. My aerobic endurance was fine but my legs were nowhere near prepared and ready for those miles. I liek to exercise outside and its jsut been too cold and too snowy. Kansas had 20 inches in Feb, making it the 2nd most snowy Feb in our state's history. I bought a Leslie Sanson walking DVD and will give that a try, its a 5 mile one that averages a 15 min mile. By the end of the month I should be able to start getting in a few runs outside.

So my Challenges for this month
    1-Do my DVD 3 times a week, and continue with the jazzercise
    2- No junk food
    3-8-10 glasses of water a day
    4- check in 3-4 times a week and log everything
    5-Get back into Onederland

Welcome to all the newlings
    And I wills tart this round of water tag this morning :drinker: You're it!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Skinny thanks for the advice. I think even having a PR to beat will be something to shoot for.

Good afternoon everyone. I'm feeling much better today, and am thinking of starting over with this week's fitness goals tomorrow. I'm still not quite 100%, waiting until I can breathe a bit better through my nose.

Saturday Success: I'm doing so much better at eating only when hungry, and eating until only full.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Kaye~Sounds like a successful shopping spree, awesome!
    @Karen~Hope you are feeling better today.

Saturday Success~Today is just a great day - I lost 2# this week, had an awesome 3 mile run, followed by a couple of miles of spinning, then planks and the sauna. I was talking to someone in the sauna - they told me they couldn't believe how hard I worked out, always nice to hear. My mom even told me today how proud she was of me, of my accomplishments, and the things I have overcome. We're close and she's my biggest supporter in everything I do, but its always nice when she says stuff like that to me. So far, just a super day!

Next up is to get the grocery list finished and laundry started.

Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Saturday success - This is going to sound strange. But I've noticed that my socks are not making indentations on my ankles anymore. I believe this is due to the lower sodium in my diet and not because I've lost weight on my ankles, LOL. This can only mean good things for my blood pressure is well. These are the things I need to remember when they don't see the scale move.
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday Success: Walk completed. It's simply gorgeous outside - sunny and 75. Loved it!!! It's been a productive day with an hour walk, son's baseball scrimmage, hair cut, pedicure, laundry, beds stripped/made, dry cleaning dropped, and heading to church soon. Tomorrow I'm splurging on a facial and then the movies with my son. Great weekend!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    time to be honest about how much i've gained back. and i'm switching back from my anti-inflammatory diet back to a plain old stay under X calories diet.

Toots: I prefer regency era for my historical romances as well. I tell my mom those are my fluff reading where I can read the book without having to focus to hard on it to keep up. Other then that I like suspense and fantasy quite a bit but those tend to take a little more attention so it is all about what I am in the mood for.

i love suspense. my absolute favorite reading is romantic suspense and then chick lit style mysteries. but i also like fantasy. pretty much i'll read anything but lit fic which i hate :laugh:
    Annddd.. my truth..
    hmmm...

I have never told anyone this. so shh.. I write on my tummy with a sharpie I write mean things.. things that a bully would say to a big person, it keeps me movin'. :/ idk if thats healthy..

i make my stomach talk, as though my belly button is a mouth and say things like, 'i'm cellulite. nobody loves me' :laugh:
    Ha.! Makes me feel normal to know I am not the only one doing something weird. WAIT.. not that you are weiird.. i'm weird. lol. XD

oh, i'm plenty weird haha.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    SherriAbs- Thanks for noticing about the rock climbing challenges. It is great to see you back. I have been making some huge strides with the climbing but ceilings and overhangs will always be a challenge for me. This week I did better with those areas.

Karen- Hope you are feeling better today and that you were able to enjoy the lake.

Gorilla- Congrats on your weight loss and sticking with the high protein diet. What high protein snacks do you enjoy?

Question: What type of high protein low carb snacks do you enjoy? I am looking for some easy to eat snacks other than almonds and Nature Valley protein bars.

Tonight, I went to the annual volunteer banquet at Kinder Park where I volunteer throughout the year. It was great the food wonderful (Italian). The rangers also provide a variety of sweats and I ate to many. I am a sucker for brownie bites, cinnamon rolls, mini- eclairs etc. I allowed myself to eat to many of them. At least I went to the gym today in anticipation of tonight's dinner. I had a great time catching up with people.

I will meet my water goal for the day. Mobility done and positive outlook about rock climbing. I did some core work today but my heart was not in it. I am still in recovery mode from rock climbing yesterday. The climbing really does wear me out and the muscles need time to recover.

Challenge goals

March challenges
    1. Water between 15-18 cups a day.
    2. Add mobility exercises back into my routine for back and shoulders at least 3 x's a week
    3. State the positives in my life, especially when I do better on a reoccurring activity.
    4. Add 3 days of core work as well.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hello, Just checking in to log my food for today. Its pretty easy to stay low here because my daughter and her family are pretty diet conscious as well. I've pre-logged dinner and it looks like I will be under again today.
    I love the Saturday successes. Its great to see how well everyone is doing. I guess I reported my success yesterday with the sizes that I have dropped and that successful shopping trip.
    Today has been a quiet day. We had a good walk and did some grocery shopping.
    Have a great evening. Kaye
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Well it is official I have exercised for 7 days straight and I am feeling pretty good about it. I almost flaked today but my daughter and I decided we were going to get pizza for dinner so I needed to earn some calories, lol. On the down side the first day and I blow the no eating out. I cant feel to bad though I have been craving pizza for over a week and if I dont give in by plan I am going to just go nuts one day soon. Other then that nothing much to report for the day. My week overall has been pretty successful. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Be safe and have fun :happy:

Sunday: wii and dancing
    Monday: wii and dancing
    Tuesday: walking
    Wednesday: walking
    Thursday: walking
    Friday: walking, cleaning, and wii
    Saturday: wii and dancing, 5 min of jogging in place (a first for me and boy did the fat cry when I threw that in, lol)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    b004109a-7a65-4968-b3a8-a61e618fa777_zps331bf189.jpg

579cb571-1df0-41f1-bcd7-3edb78db2f6b_zps87e3b184.jpg

NSV the back of my neck no longer looks like a pack of hot dogs!!

d3e1046c-f831-42f3-912f-7a2f40cf6648_zps2b133c26.jpg

:laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    !!! Mr. M, it looks great!!