What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Just finished "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Such an AMAZING book!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    currently working on the Wheel of Time series (Robert Jordan)

Faves I can read over and over:
    Lord of the Rings stuff
    Harry Potter stuff
    Twilight stuff
    any Stephen King (will be starting Under the Dome next)
    any Dean Koontz (especially Odd Thomas stuff)

I LOVE his Odd Thomas books. I've read 3 or 4, but I think there are at least a couple more scheduled to come, I wish they would come out already.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Carrie Diaries by Candace Buschnell (author of sex and the city). I've never read the sex and the city book, but I hear it is quite different from the series which I love. The Carrie Diaries is a prequal to sex and the city, but I didn't mind the inconsistencies from the Carrie we know on the show.

I also just finished Love the one you're with, it's a cute "what if" novel by Emily Griffin. She has a couple other books I will check out.

I might also read Eclipse again for the 4th time or so, the movie is coming out soon so I have to refresh.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    MFP message board.

LOL this took me a second.....

smart aleck LOL
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Judgement Calls by Alafair Burke
  • twr1
    twr1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just finished The Host and The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer. Both very good....didn't think I would like The Host because I don't usually do aliens. About to start Judge and Jury...an old James Patterson.
  • jrrtubbs
    jrrtubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After many, many years of chiding people for their fanaticism of Harry Potter, I figured that if I'm to hate something, I should at least read it once.

I'm on the 6th book and absolutely loving them! I never expected my self to be a Potter nut, but here we are. I can't wait for the next movie (although the movies absolutely do not compare to the books)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The Scent of Sake, by Joyce Lebra. At work I am also listening to the Sookie Stackhouse audio books. I am about to start #10 then I will be done until another one comes out :)
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just finished 1-9 of the Sookie Stackhouse books also. Would love to read the 10th but it's not released on Kindle yet damnit. Currently about halfway through Reading Lolita in Tehran which I would highly recommend.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just finished 1-9 of the Sookie Stackhouse books also. Would love to read the 10th but it's not released on Kindle yet damnit. Currently about halfway through Reading Lolita in Tehran which I would highly recommend.
    Yeah I couldn't wait for #10 once I was finished with #9. I had to wait a couple weeks until I had another credit on Audible, lol.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I just started The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams :). Yay for giant box sets at Barnes and Noble!

Read that series twice. Loved them. My copies are still sitting on my shelf. I have tried re-reading again, but can't get my brain to warp in the needed way. :wink:
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Have the third of the Inkheart series - Inkdeath - on my nightstand. Will likely finish it before summer is over, but it is slow going right now.
  • jmbarragan
    jmbarragan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lovely Bones right now.

I love that you read mostly the Bible. I also used to read mostly the Bible and applaud you for sticking to it. It really is quite good when you get into it, but I have to say that it takes some pushing for me to read it now. I trying to prepare my own Bible studies to keep into the Word.
    God Bless and hope you are having a good week!
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Almost finished with "The Christian Atheist" by Craig Groeschel
    Amazing book!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    rereading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    rereading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

That's a book I want to add to my personal library. I've never read it yet but my daughter recommended it.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Barbara Walters' Memoir "Audition" its really very interesting & I'm not very far into it. My other reads are anything by John Grisham, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, and I love love love the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. Can't wait for the next one #16 to come out next week!

I read Time Traveller's Wife last summer...its an excellent read also! I just finished The Lovely Bones. It was ok for me.

I also like Jodi Piccoult books. I have so many books on my shelf that I've yet to read. I can't wait to get to them all! I have an addiction of going to the book store at my local library. They have books that people donate & also ones that they take out of circulation & put them for sale. I get fairly new released hardbacks for $2.00 and older hardbacks for .50 cents & $1.00! All paperbacks are .25cents, but I love the hardbacks on my library shelves.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I also like Jodi Piccoult books. I have so many books on my shelf that I've yet to read. I can't wait to get to them all! I have an addiction of going to the book store at my local library. They have books that people donate & also ones that they take out of circulation & put them for sale. I get fairly new released hardbacks for $2.00 and older hardbacks for .50 cents & $1.00! All paperbacks are .25cents, but I love the hardbacks on my library shelves.

*waves*
    Hello, my name is Tiffany, and I am a Jodi Picoult addict.

LOL, every book of hers that I have, I've read at least 10 times, no kidding. Great books, and they never get old.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Wicked Prey by John Sanford

I've read all the "Prey" Books. Great writer.
  • MladyAlanna
    MladyAlanna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im a sci fi/fantasy type so

Trick of Light by Rob Thurman...pretty neat actually