Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Day !

Thursday Truth- I need to get this out do to all the support people gave me. I almost contemplated giving my ex a second chance but lucky for me before I answered his request. I found out he accepted a valentine's gift from another woman (who he claims is an ex). I tell the card she wrote didn't smell of ex anywhere and the fact he accepted it while he was trying to work it out with me in unacceptable. I spare you the retarded details of it but I am glad I was not suckered back into his life.

Fitness truth- I have never sweat so much in a 30 min workout. I love it. I am scared to get measured next week tho.

March Challenge - been doing good on adding weight training to my routine 2 times a week never missed a day. I have not yet wrote down anything nice about myself but I think about the things in my head daily.

@Mowmow- I turn 40 this month and I am not sure how I feel about it. I am sure I will embrace it being I don't look it at all.
    @Kaye- I am sure you will do fine eating out.
    @Kah- hope you start to feel better and not be in so much pain
  • _tru_
    _tru_ Posts: 96
    Options
    Thursday Truth - I have been ashamed of my weight for far longer than I can remember. in my family, weight was not something we discussed; being overweight simply wasn't acceptable. It has taken me a LONG time to finally realize that it is okay to talk about and to ask for support. I am just worried that I won't be able to return all of the support that I have already received and hope to continue receiving. I will do my best to encourage and support everyone on here the best I know how!

As for food, I don't look at it as good or bad. I look at it as a fuel. All foods have a different nutritional value. The better the nutrition, the better it will fuel you. I try to choose higher nutrition over lower nutrition, but do not restrict any foods.

@Hannah - Perhaps, instead of writing "food is bad", which is a negative connotation, you can spin it the other way and write "moving is good", a more positive connotation. It might be more motivating?
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in! I see some of you are finally kicking those colds, woo hoo! I've been keeping up on the thread daily but just haven't had time to post, so no personals. But I'm thinking about you guys regularly and hoping your kicking some March Challenge booty.

I'm still running the OT train into the ground. (Which is the only running I've done in quite a few years :laugh: ). If I haven't mentioned it I work for a major insurance company in the quality department. You know those recordings you hear "This call may be monitored for training and quality purposes"....well they really are! And I'm listening to them. My boss is leaving to work overseas for 3 weeks and the other girl I work with is on vacation for the last week and a half of March so we are trying to get really caught up on our work load before I have to man the fort on my own.

I've been doing really well with calories for the past few days. I even turned down 1/2 price margaritas on Tuesday so I wouldn't go over my limit :sad: If you knew me you'd know how much I :heart: :heart: :heart: margaritas. It was a small NSV. I've also figured out that if I have a sweet tooth on chocolate, a mini york peppermint patty will do the trick. 50 cals and craving gone. Now I just have to figure out how to buy my own bag and keep them in my desk without scarfing all of them down at once. It's much easier to take only one from your coworkers candy jar and tell yourself it's all you need. But when you hear the bag of them calling your name from your top drawer it's much harder to resist.

I still haven't created any goals for the month of March :embarassed: I'm hoping that this group comes up with our April plans a little before hand so I can make it my mission to put my April goals in place. But even with the lack of extra motivation for the challenge and not working out at all I still lost 1lb last week (would've been more had I not gone way over the previous weekend). And I'm on the road to a good loss this week. Anywho my quick check in has now lasted my whole lunch. Back to the grind I go. Hope to get back onto a regular posting schedule soon!!

Courtney
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Hello friends - Thursday truth. Truth is that the goal for March to cut back on negative thoughts about myself and examine my thinking is going well. It's kind of a relief to not have the first thought about myself to come to mind end up being something horrible. I kind of like it! :wink:

Wishing everyone well. Kind of tired and need to do some back exercises. Hope everyone who's sick and/or injured get's back on track soon.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just got home from getting my hair cut, so I updated my picture to show it.

I have my April goal chosen already -- there's a competition at work where if you walk at least 7500 steps five days out of seven during the week, you get put into a drawing. So there are weekly drawings, and then if your total for the whole month is over a certain number (that I can't remember) then you gt put in a drawing for a bigger prize. I don't know if I can do it, I'm not walking anywhere near that now, but I'm going to try!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    des- great hair cut. You look wonderful.

Just checking in really quick tonight, I still have a cake to decorate. My intern in leaving tomorrow so we are ordering lunch out and I am making a cake. The best part is I will be sharing it with all the other teachers. Hopefully, there will be very little left. This weekend I am house/dog sitting for a friend so it will be a little busy.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth I sure do wish that i was losing weight as quick as i can gain it . I know that i will get there and i have my amazing Myfitnesspal family to support me and encuorage me all the way !
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Thursday Truth I sure do wish that i was losing weight as quick as i can gain it . I know that i will get there and i have my amazing Myfitnesspal family to support me and encuorage me all the way !

nice to see you back on the thread...I think we all have that wish at some point..You can do this!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    I just got home from getting my hair cut, so I updated my picture to show it.

I have my April goal chosen already -- there's a competition at work where if you walk at least 7500 steps five days out of seven during the week, you get put into a drawing. So there are weekly drawings, and then if your total for the whole month is over a certain number (that I can't remember) then you gt put in a drawing for a bigger prize. I don't know if I can do it, I'm not walking anywhere near that now, but I'm going to try!

Like your hair cut:bigsmile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kris--It does always feel like the weight gain happens much faster, but thinking about it I realized it took me about 8 years to go from 180 to 240 and only 2 years to get back down to that. I bet if we all did the math, we would find that most of us spent many years putting on this weight. :smile:

@laurie--sad for you that you are losing your intern :cry: , but I bet it will be nice to get back to your normal routine.

@des--good luck with the steps goal and love the hair! :flowerforyou:

@lin--yay for positive thought!! :drinker:

@courtney--I have a colleague at work who keeps a box of candy under her desk that she shares with everyone. I occasionally buy her a bag of doves dark chocolate squares to add to the box. Then when I want a treat, I take one (or three :blushing: ). It's much better than keeping them in my own desk drawer.

@tru--I'm the same way--there is no food that is off limits. If I tried that my inner rebel would want it too much. However, when I first started this process, I didn't keep certain foods in the hours. Frosted mini-wheats were not allowed in my cupboard for over a year, I think. Oh, and nacho cheese Doritos--they are the devil! :devil: :laugh: Now, I can keep them in the house and stay in control, but I don't buy them often b/c I've added so many healthier options to my diet.

@holly--great job sticking with the weight training, and it sounds like you made the right decision with the ex. :flowerforyou:

@kris (mowmow)--I agree with des! I'm really enjoying my 40's and am in better physical health than I have been since I was in my 20's.

@robin--I will be drinking some Bailey's on Saturday to celebrate the holiday. I don't like beer or Jameson's, so Bailey's is my St. Paddy's Day drink of choice.

@mel--glad the tooth surgery went okay and you aren't in too much pain.

@hebby--My initial weight loss goal is 71 lbs and 2 years into this process I'm 11 lbs away. It is a slow process, but it's worth it!

Welcome to any newlings I may have missed! :flowerforyou: For those of you I missed, I'll catch you on the next round of personals.

Thursday Truth:
    My 2 year MFP anniversary was Tuesday, and I totally missed it! :laugh: Truth is I'm really happy with my progress so far. At the same time, I'm pretty nervous about upping my calories so my weight loss goal is down to a half lb/wk. However, I really started dropping weight the last couple of weeks when I got lazy about logging and was going over by a couple hundred most days. The only way to see if this is better, is to try it for a few weeks.

Sat--gym DONE = walk gunner DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + core DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE (rainy) + gym DONE
    Tues--core DONE + walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE + core NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner

March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. do core routine at least 3x week (wk 1 = 1/3) (wk 2 = 2/3)
    2. add upright rows and shoulder presses to my core routine (wk 1 = 3 sets of 15 reps each) (wk 2 = 3 sets of 15 reps each)
    3. increase hold time for planks (wk 1: regular forearm = 40 sec. and straight-arm side planks = 45 sec.) (wk 2: regular forearm = 60 sec.+ 50 sec. and forearm side planks = 25 sec.+ 25 sec.)
    4. increase push up reps (wk 1 = 14) (wk 2 = 15 + 15)
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: The closer I get to my procedure, the more I'm binging. :embarassed: Anxiety eating has been a long-time problem for me and I don't think I'm going to conquer it before Tuesday. Hate being so weak, but it helps to just put it out there. Can't wait to get this thing over with, then...no excuses!

I need a good challenge, so I'm planning ahead for April. (Hope to be okayed for exercise by then.) Anyone have suggestions to jumpstart spring?

Hoping all the sick and injured out there feel better tomorrow. Sleep well pals.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Des - Love your new pic - darling!

GrammyWhammy - yes lets start planning the April Challenge. What sounds good to you. Something to do with anxiety and binging or is that only temporary because of this ablation? I am praying for you!

Thread contributors - well what do you have to suggest for our April Challenge? lets hear some ideas!

I am having a hard time lowering my calories! My mind is sabotaging me - saying start "tomorrow - tomorrow". I blew it today.
    I am working on my march challenge of finding my abdominal and back muscles.:laugh:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Once again, the week has gotten by me and I couldn't check the thread. I'm logging every day, but only had a few minutes each day. My computer was acting up the past few days. I logged on my phone, but couldn't get to the thread. I've read everyone's posts though and will try to do more personals this weekend.

Thursday Truth: Tomorrow will be interesting and I'm going to have to be so careful. I've got a plant tour at a place called Great Buns. Unfortunately, it's not a tour of the male anatomy (LOL!!!), but literally baked goods (sweets, bread, etc. . .) Lord, give me strength!!!!!
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    having a hard time eating enough calories that evens out with everything else. Ive been only eating like 400 calories and if i want to eat more it normally consists of going over in sugar...I seems really hard and i have no clue what has calories and no sugar. I eat yogurt and stir fry and an occasional casadia. but like its so hard...i dont wanna gain weight, i wanna lose it and it seems like i gain weight this way and i gain weight the other way...a lose lose situation.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    having a hard time eating enough calories that evens out with everything else. Ive been only eating like 400 calories and if i want to eat more it normally consists of going over in sugar...I seems really hard and i have no clue what has calories and no sugar. I eat yogurt and stir fry and an occasional casadia. but like its so hard...i dont wanna gain weight, i wanna lose it and it seems like i gain weight this way and i gain weight the other way...a lose lose situation.

If you want help/advice about your nutrition, it would help if you open up your food diary so we can look at what you are currently eating. Also, it would help us to know where you are in the weight loss process. Do you still have a lot of weight to lose? If so, you can probably just focus on overall calories and not worry too much about the macros. If you're looking for foods with calories and no sugar, eat some protein--meat, eggs, fish, and cheese are all good choices. Also, I know a lot of people who limit sugar, don't count the sugar they get from fresh fruit. Not sure why you are worried about sugar though--if you have some sort of medical condition, like diabetes, that advice may not apply.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Des, great haircut!

Robin, I nominate an "April Fool" challenge. As in, whenever you have an anxiety/comfort food craving, substitute a non-food comfort. Preferably cheap and easy to do. In essence, you fool your brain into accepting something else to manage stress. (And to be honest, it's no joke, just straight-up cognitive-behavior therapy.) I think I'll do some gratitude journaling when I crave chocolate, for example.

Thursday truth: I really did not do a great job of hydrating today the way I should. After a blood donation you're supposed to take in a lot of fluid. Me? Nope. And boy, can I tell. Oops.

Time for bed, though. Nite, all!
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was just trying to stay in the limits that this food counter gave me and i eat a lot of oranges and stuff so i always go over my sugar. :/
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Well made it to Friday... got on the scale and am 2lbs down. That felt really good this morning, especially since I had some less then amazing cardio sessions this week. I have gotten in some great lifting sessions though. My knee is still a little sore, almost like it is tired.

@ebailey710 Glad the computer is working! Sounds like you are having a rough run of it lately... Hold your head high and work as hard as you can!
    @hannah1011z - Don't be afraid of food! Healthy foods are the way to go. MFP's calculatioins are very good if you can use them instead of 1200... especially when you consider how much we are looking to lose. Too low calories will help you lose at first then be a major drag later!
    @kah68 - I hope that achilies starts to feel better! That has to be frustrating!
    @Melancholy2- sorry about that molar!
    @RobinsEgg - LOVE Baileys... I think it is calorie free!
    @FluffyCorky - Turned down Margaretas? Good luck avoiding the treats in your desk.. I am horrible at that.
    @linder4866 - You are AWESOME!!!!
    @Desdemina - I like the new due!!
    @Lauriek70 - You and your cakes!!!!
    @skinnyjeanzbo - Nice walking the dog! Get that core work in!!!

Well St. Patrick's day weekend is here! It is my favorite holiday of all! I will behave tonight and lift like a beast in the morning. Tomorrow is a big party at my buddy's house... no kids so we all act like we are in college playing beer pong or @sshole. Fair chance I will just keep drinking Guinness and Jameson all day Sunday. Maybe try to find a parade to go to...
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday to all!

Friday Fitness~Despite the injury, I was able to get in a decent calorie burn on the arc trainer at the gym yesterday. My body is tired, I had considered taking yoga this afternoon but think I’ll keep this as my rest day. Tomorrow will be hard as its usually my long-run day – I was supposed to do a St. Paddy’s Day 5k but that is out now. I would walk it but I know once I get going and see all of the other runner’s I’ll want to run :sad: – instead I’ll go to the gym for other cardio. Too bad, it’s such a fun event – there is a parade first, then the run, then all the bars open up for St. Paddy’s Day celebrations. Usually A LOT of beer to be had! :wink:

This Week’s Fitness:
    Sunday~Training DONE!
    Tuesday~Spinning DONE!
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Arc Trainer DONE!
    Friday~Rest Day YAY!
    Saturday~Elliptical most likely or spin (need to check schedule)

@Gorilla~You are so consistent lately, awesome losses!
    @Kris~I’m with Des and Karen, the 40s will be your best decade yet. I am so much happier and healthier in my 40s than I was in my 20s or 30s. You got this!
    @Des~Super cute hair!
    @Holly~Way to stick to your guns, you made the right decision about the ex. Way to go with the weight training!

So, this is more of a Thursday truth – but some friends convinced me to do this online dating thing since I’m not into bar hopping (not to mention too old for that scene and foolishness). I’m not too keen on it, but giving it a shot. I’ve talked to few guys but have been talking to one more regularly for a couple of weeks through the site, suddenly he wants to exchange phone numbers so we can talk/text – he feels it’s easier to get to know someone that way. I tell him I think it’s too early for that, that I would be okay with regular email or online chatting/video chat but I didn’t want to exchange numbers yet (I don’t want some fool having my number if he turns out to be a weirdo – which I tend to attract). He said he respects my wishes but he’s not an “email guy,” and then wished me the best. I think that is strange. Have I mentioned I hate dating???

Have a great day – going to be near 80 here today. I love Spring! :flowerforyou:
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the compliments on my hair! Now to see if I can make it look as good when I'm styling it myself...

@ShrinkRapt - I like the idea of an "April Fools" theme! Maybe we can share substitutions we use to fool our body, like when I crave ice cream, I make a yogurt smoothie. Not quite the same, but close enough to satisfy (usually!)

@Hannah - Unless you have diabetes or are at high risk (like I am), don't worry about the sugars, as long as you are getting your sugar from healthy sources (an orange) and not candy. Start with just focusing on calories while making healthy choices. Even I don't look at the sugar, I count carbs/protein/calories and that's it. You do need a balance. Even oranges are bad if you eat 10 a day! And it's a good idea to have a protein with your carbs to avoid a sugar spike and the resulting crash. So have a little peanut butter with an apple, for example. Proteins, which are low in sugar, also make you feel fuller and satisfy longer.

@kah - you might want to think about getting a Skype account with a phone number or a Google Voice number. Then you could use the computer and he could use his phone. Some people still like to talk to people on the phone. I'm not one of them :laugh: but I hear they exist! The nice thing about that is that you're not giving out your personal phone number. The Google Voice number can be forwarded to your phone, but without giving out your real number. If he becomes a weirdo, you can just change the Skype/Google phone number.

I've already posted about my challenges for the weekend. The good news is that we will be very active, so I'll get more exercise in. But the food will be oh so tempting! I think I've decided that I will allow myself one bite of things I shouldn't have, such as the pancakes with homemade maple syrup from the trees on the property. That way, I won't feel sad that I missed out on the fabulous food, but won't completely ruin it by having a full serving. I've come too far and am doing too well to blow it now! I know that I'm not going to deny myself these things forever, but I don't feel in control enough yet and I feel like if I let myself have this splurge that the next temptation will be too easy to give into. I'm only been at this about 3 months, it's not quite ingrained yet.