4th of July Challenge!! Please join me!

Options

Replies

• Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well today is check in day and honestly I thought I would be reporting either a gain or a maintain but to my surprise I lost 0.6 this week so I am VERY happy with that considering on Friday night (day before my weigh in ) we went out to eat and I went over by 11 calories on that day. Any ways going over 11 calories probably wouldn't have made me gain but who knows with my body LOL.

So far I have lost a total of 14 lbs. and several inches off my waist , thighs and chest. I am very happy with the progress I am making with MFP and I have all of you to thank because if it wasn't for this forum along with a couple of other forums I joined on here I don't think I would have come this far. I know losing 14 lbs. doesn't seem like a lot with some but for me it's a whole lot since the last year I have been struggling with weight loss after losing my initial 65 lbs. with WW.

To date I have lost a total of 79 lbs. and for that I am proud of ME :) Granted it has taken me awhile to lose this weight but the important part is I have lost it and there is NO TURNING BACK NOW!! I have a very long way to go but I know I am going to make it. I feel good about me and it has been a very long time since I have felt that way.

I hope everyone is doing well ...not much chatting has been going on here since the last check in I did in the middle of the week. Hope everyone is doing good.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    06/20/10
    Week 8 check-in!

It’s been a much better week for me after having 2 bad ones. I lost 2 lbs as of Friday, my official weigh-in day. Did good on my food with the exception of today but I hope I made up for it with exercise. Still stayed in my calorie range just didn’t eat all the right stuff. I ate popcorn (yes, with butter) at the movies and we ate dinner out too. I only have estimates on the calories but I think I’m still in range.

I got in 16 miles this week and I made it to the 170’s finally. 2 weeks left till July 4th. I’d like to make it to 175.

Everyone have a great week!

Starting weight: 211
    4/25/10 Challenge starting weight 191
    4/25/10 Challenge start pants size 18
    Current weight 178
    Current size 16 (some 14’s)
    Challenge goal size 14
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Week 2.
    PW: 153
    GW: 145
    CW: 148
    Weight lost: 7 pounds!
  • amasot
    amasot Posts: 86
    Options

To date I have lost a total of 79 lbs. and for that I am proud of ME :) Granted it has taken me awhile to lose this weight but the important part is I have lost it and there is NO TURNING BACK NOW!! I have a very long way to go but I know I am going to make it. I feel good about me and it has been a very long time since I have felt that way.

You have done very, very well and I'm proud of you too!! :happy:
  • amasot
    Options
    06/20/10
    Week 8 check-in!

It’s been a much better week for me after having 2 bad ones. I lost 2 lbs as of Friday, my official weigh-in day. Did good on my food with the exception of today but I hope I made up for it with exercise. Still stayed in my calorie range just didn’t eat all the right stuff. I ate popcorn (yes, with butter) at the movies and we ate dinner out too. I only have estimates on the calories but I think I’m still in range.

I got in 16 miles this week and I made it to the 170’s finally. 2 weeks left till July 4th. I’d like to make it to 175.

Everyone have a great week!

Current weight 178
    Challenge goal size 14

WTG!! You will make goal for sure!
  • amasot
    Options
    Week 2.
    PW: 153
    GW: 145
    CW: 148
    Weight lost: 7 pounds!

Amazing! You should tell us how you are doing it!
  • sandara
    Options
    Thank you Amalia for always keeping us encouraged and cheering us on. We're nearing the end of the challenge and it's been a great motivator for me!

• sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I hope you are already feeling better hon. :flowerforyou: Don't worry so much about the diet, getting well is the most important thing. That being said, congratulations on your loss!! :happy:

Thanks Amalia! I am FINALLY feeling better. I'm very late this week on my weigh in, I'm not for sure what my weight was on Sunday (my official weigh-in day) but I know at my highest this week I was 167 which is down .4 from last time. Today I was 166. I ended up gaining back most of what I lost when I was sick, as expected, but fortunately not all of it AND being sick has made me not have much of an appetite which has helped. I'm not constantly thinking about food! Unfortunately that also means I'm not eating regularly and I know that will end up hurting me in the long run if I keep it up. Because I'm not eating regularly I've also not been tracking my food like I should. I need to get myself back into gear now that I'm feeling better before the scale has a chance to start going back up!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Options

You have done very, very well and I'm proud of you too!! :happy:

Thanks so much Amalia ....it means so much to be for you to say that :bigsmile:
  • sandara
    Options
    06/27/10
    Week 9 check-in!

It’s been another pretty good week for me. I lost 3 more lbs as of Friday, my official weigh-in day.

I got in 17 miles this week and I actually made it to 175 lbs. 1 week left till July 4th.

Everyone have a great week and let’s make the last one really count! :happy:

Current weight 175
    Challenge goal size 14
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Hey everyone

Here for my week 9 check in, missed week 8. To be honest this has been the worst month yet for me since starting my weightloss journey. Too much going on, but I know it will pass and I will get back on track.

4/25~145
    5/2~ 144
    5/9~143.5
    5/16~142.5
    5/23~142.5
    5/30~141
    6/6~139
    6/13~139.5
    6/20~?
    6/27~139
    July 4th goal~ 135
    Actual goal ~123

Good luck to everyone in the final week!

~Jessica
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well I am here for check in and I lost 3 lbs. on my weigh in day (Saturday 6/26). I am very happy with this loss :) I have lost a total of 17 lbs. since joining MFP 8 weeks ago!! Not to bad :)
  • amasot
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's been a while since I reported in, I know. I guess it's easy to post when you have good news but dang HARD when your news are blah! And my life has been very BLAH :sick: lately. I had a HUGE scare when I suddenly GAINED 2 kg early this week - and this was just AFTER I stopped my cortisone treatment! Fortunately, it must have been water weight because I managed to lose it again and on Sunday my scales read 103.8 kg. Not a hiuge difference from the day I started the 'roids and nowhere near my goal, but lower than it has been in years.

Anyhooo, here is my Challenge loss report as we go into our final week:

Challenge starting weight: 108 kilos (238 lbs.)

Today's weight: 106 kilos (233 lbs.)

Total loss to date (May 23) : 2 kilos (5 lbs.)

May 30 - 105.5 kg (232 lbs)

Total loss to date: 2.5 kg (6 lbs)

June 6 - 104.4 kg (229.7 lbs)

Total loss to date: 3.6 kg (8.3 lbs)

June 13 - up and down and up and down

June 20 - up and down and up and down

June 27 - 103.8

Total loss to date: 4.2 kg (9.2 lbs)

JULY 4TH -

Original challenge goal: 100 kg. Won't make it, of course. but it's been a very hard month and at this point, I'm just happy I have not GAINED!

Well folks, we are going into the final week of a LONG challenge. Some of you did BRILLIANTLY, others (like me) struggled, but whether we gained or lost, I think we are ALL coming out richer than we went in. We learned a lot about each other, about ourselves, about how we eat and how our bodies react to food and exercise. Weight loss and good nutrition is not a SPRINT, it's a MARATHON and we will keep on running it even after our final challenge day.

I wish you all the best of luck during this final week!! :bigsmile:

Amalia
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's been a while since I reported in, I know. I guess it's easy to post when you have good news but dang HARD when your news are blah! And my life has been very BLAH :sick: lately. I had a HUGE scare when I suddenly GAINED 2 kg early this week - and this was just AFTER I stopped my cortisone treatment! Fortunately, it must have been water weight because I managed to lose it again and on Sunday my scales read 103.8 kg. Not a hiuge difference from the day I started the 'roids and nowhere near my goal, but lower than it has been in years.

Anyhooo, here is my Challenge loss report as we go into our final week:

Challenge starting weight: 108 kilos (238 lbs.)

Today's weight: 106 kilos (233 lbs.)

Total loss to date (May 23) : 2 kilos (5 lbs.)

May 30 - 105.5 kg (232 lbs)

Total loss to date: 2.5 kg (6 lbs)

June 6 - 104.4 kg (229.7 lbs)

Total loss to date: 3.6 kg (8.3 lbs)

June 13 - up and down and up and down

June 20 - up and down and up and down

June 27 - 103.8

Total loss to date: 4.2 kg (9.2 lbs)

JULY 4TH -

Original challenge goal: 100 kg. Won't make it, of course. but it's been a very hard month and at this point, I'm just happy I have not GAINED!

Well folks, we are going into the final week of a LONG challenge. Some of you did BRILLIANTLY, others (like me) struggled, but whether we gained or lost, I think we are ALL coming out richer than we went in. We learned a lot about each other, about ourselves, about how we eat and how our bodies react to food and exercise. Weight loss and good nutrition is not a SPRINT, it's a MARATHON and we will keep on running it even after our final challenge day.

I wish you all the best of luck during this final week!! :bigsmile:

Amalia

Amalia ,
    You have done wonderfully and whether we struggled or not I agree with you ....we have learned a lot from each other during this challenge and even though I came in late in the game I was welcomed by everyone and that felt good :) I am excited about trying to get to my goal by the end of this challenge but not sure if I will do it but that is ok and I am ok with that :) I am kind of sad that this is our last week though ....I say you need to start another thread for another challenge Amalia :wink: That would be cool. Any ways I wish everyone the best of luck on our last week ....whether we get to our goal or not we are all still WINNERS!!!
  • amasot
    Options

I am kind of sad that this is our last week though ....I say you need to start another thread for another challenge Amalia :wink: That would be cool. Any ways I wish everyone the best of luck on our last week ....whether we get to our goal or not we are all still WINNERS!!!

I'm kind of sad this challenge is ending too! It was wonderful to get to know you all!
    I'm afraid I can't start another challenge right now since we will be vacationing most of July and incommunicado... no computer!!!
    However, I may think up another challenge when I return (so I can lose the weight I gain over vacation LOL)
    Keep an eye out for it!

Amalia
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    My original post in this thread:
    I'm in!

My goals:
    1. To lose 20 lbs by July 4th (that will put me under 200 ~ haven't been that light in over 20 years)
    2. Exercise 5 days a week
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    4. Log everything I eat everyday
    5. Stop the negative talk to myself and to enjoy the journey, not just look forward to the destination!

As we approach the deadline, I realize that I've not made my goals, but I'm getting better on some things.
    My 1st goal was to lose 20lbs by July 4th, I lost 13 and the week isn't over. Hopefully I'll get a little closer. Either way, I'm thrilled that the scale finally moved again. :bigsmile:

I haven't done well with my exercise goals, but I have given up chocolate (4 weeks tomorrow) and have gained more confidence in my abilities to control myself. I'm enjoying the journey and loving all of my little non-scale victories along with the little victories on the scale!

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone! Thanks for all of the support and encouragement! :heart:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Options

I am kind of sad that this is our last week though ....I say you need to start another thread for another challenge Amalia :wink: That would be cool. Any ways I wish everyone the best of luck on our last week ....whether we get to our goal or not we are all still WINNERS!!!

I'm kind of sad this challenge is ending too! It was wonderful to get to know you all!
    I'm afraid I can't start another challenge right now since we will be vacationing most of July and incommunicado... no computer!!!
    However, I may think up another challenge when I return (so I can lose the weight I gain over vacation LOL)
    Keep an eye out for it!

Amalia

I will be on the look out for your next challenge then Amalia and I will definitely be in :wink:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Options
    My original post in this thread:
    I'm in!

My goals:
    1. To lose 20 lbs by July 4th (that will put me under 200 ~ haven't been that light in over 20 years)
    2. Exercise 5 days a week
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    4. Log everything I eat everyday
    5. Stop the negative talk to myself and to enjoy the journey, not just look forward to the destination!

As we approach the deadline, I realize that I've not made my goals, but I'm getting better on some things.
    My 1st goal was to lose 20lbs by July 4th, I lost 13 and the week isn't over. Hopefully I'll get a little closer. Either way, I'm thrilled that the scale finally moved again. :bigsmile:

I haven't done well with my exercise goals, but I have given up chocolate (4 weeks tomorrow) and have gained more confidence in my abilities to control myself. I'm enjoying the journey and loving all of my little non-scale victories along with the little victories on the scale!

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone! Thanks for all of the support and encouragement! :heart:

You have done great on the challenge!! I think staying away from chocolate for a month is a great success because I am not so sure I could do that one LOL. I think enjoying the non-scale victories are just as important as the scale victories!! Good luck on your last week!!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

I was at almost 200 lbs last July and started the HCG diet. Since then I've lost about 50 lbs and still have about 15 to go... So I hope to be close to my goal by then. For the fourth of July I back to my home town and would love to look great and have everyone say "oh my heck you look awesome!"

So count me in. I'm just getting ready to finish my first round of P90X and will be starting it again as soon as I'm finished, so hopefully it will help me kick my weightloss into gear.

Start weight (7/2009):195lbs
    Current weight: 160 lbs
    Goal weight: 140/135 lbs

So I know its been a while, but I thought I'd check in. Things are going pretty good in my neck of the woods. I'm still working out everyday and watching what I eat. The weightloss is creeping by very slowly, but a little progress is better than no progress. I know that I won't be very close to my goal weight by the 4th, but at least I will be healthier. I am hoping to be close to 150 lbs by then, that was the weight I was back in high school. It's only a few days away, but who knows, things could happen:happy:

The big holiday in my home town is the 24th of July! There's a huge celebration and a demolition derby that is the best ever! I hope by that time I can be a pound or two under 150 and feel more confident with myself.

Update on my workouts-I finished P90X! I didn't get the results I was hoping for, but I know that's my own fault. I wasn't very good as far as my eating goes, but I know what to improve now. I started Chalean Extreme about 3 weeks ago, and its been a killer workout! I am surprised at my abilities to lift heavy weights! It pushes me out of my comfort zone and makes me feel like I might be the tough chick I always knew was in me somewhere!
  • sandara
    Options
    07/04/10

Week 9 check-in!

I’m checking in a little early as I’m going on an all day motorcycle ride tomorrow.

It has been a wonderful 9-week challenge for me and I’ve lost a total of 17lbs. My original goal was not a weight goal but a goal to be able to wear some pants that I’d saved from several years ago. I thought they were size 14 but it turns out they were 16’s. I wore one of those pairs of pants today. So I feel like I have met my challenge goal. I bought a pair of size 14 jeans today and they fit great. I’m all over the place in sizes, some 16’s, some 14’s and almost some 12’s, so I’m very happy with my results.

Amelia, I have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and I feel that it has helped keep me on track. I would be happy to join any challenge you post when you return from your holiday. I hope you have a great time.

Thank you Amalia and to all the members and friends I have met along the way and I look forward to continuing our journey together. And to anyone who enjoys walking please check out the SwaT Team challenge currently on the boards that I’m participating in. It’s for anyone who enjoys walking as his or her form of exercise.

Everyone have a great holiday and I wish you all much success in your journeys.

Total weight lost during challenge: 17 lbs
    Current weight 174
    Current size 14 (some 16’s)
    Challenge goal size 14