200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options

Replies

• yolsweet
    yolsweet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I STARTED AND STOPPED MY BACK HURTS IS THERE A EASIER WAY TO DO SITS UP TO NOT AFFECT THE BACK
  • iluvjac
    iluvjac Posts: 12
    Options
    Okay I am going to try this!!! I just sat on my butt for the last hour...so I KNOW I got the time :) Pray for me...I'm not very good at sit-ups!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Crunches
    TOTAL: 342
    :drinker: *WHEW*

Nice job sister!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Newbie here, responding to Yolstead? Sorry I am not sure how to draw your quote into post as my neck hurts so much it is hard to navigate the screen! I wrote the following but it is rather out of order on the list of postings:

I am not the one to ask. I re-injured my neck well in the throws of my sit up challenge and will be out of commission for a while! I am quite saddened by this turn of events but will be back at it soon!!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Late starter here.
    Just came across your post yesterday and am so in. Time to get back the washboard. lol

After the initial test: 61 sit-ups. So will start in tomorrow by their columns on week 3 column 3. Seems daunting, but i'm sure those muscles need the challenge.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Just wanted to weigh in on the how to do situps without hurting yourself.

Don't use your arms.

Cross your arms to your chest (left over right) for crunches/sit-ups/etc. Grab your shirt if you need to. Don't ever put your hands behind your head. It will inevitably cause you to use your head and neck for sit-ups and that is not the goal.

If your back or neck hurts, you are using it too much. Make sure you are lifting your abs toward the ceiling first (using your abs only) and then towards your legs. That is the proper way to do sit-ups.
    It is so easy to get out of form.

Be careful!

I completed the push-ups and sit-ups not too long ago. Don't think I ever got to 100/200, but mine were chest to floor push-ups and elbows past knees sit-ups. Should be starting round 2 here in a couple weeks.

Good luck!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I STARTED AND STOPPED MY BACK HURTS IS THERE A EASIER WAY TO DO SITS UP TO NOT AFFECT THE BACK

Non of us are doing full on sit-up's I realize it is called the "sit-up" challenge but when you read the site it explains you'll be doing crunches. Are those hurting your back or is it regular sit-up's?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Okay I am going to try this!!! I just sat on my butt for the last hour...so I KNOW I got the time :) Pray for me...I'm not very good at sit-ups!

I know you can do it, only took me about 15min when I first started...and it's well worth it :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Crunches
    TOTAL: 342
    :drinker: *WHEW*

Nice job sister!

THANK YOU :bigsmile:
  • 1211gin
    1211gin Posts: 3
    Options
    I'll play, the one thing I didn't understand is the week one chart. It says for example, set one, and next to it is the number 3 but then says up to 10 situps....what does the 3 mean?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Newbie here, responding to Yolstead? Sorry I am not sure how to draw your quote into post as my neck hurts so much it is hard to navigate the screen! I wrote the following but it is rather out of order on the list of postings:

I am not the one to ask. I re-injured my neck well in the throws of my sit up challenge and will be out of commission for a while! I am quite saddened by this turn of events but will be back at it soon!!

Awww I'm sorry! Hope you feel better soon! We'll still be here when you do!
    ************Everyone always remember to stretch before and after working out! No matter what the excersice***************
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Late starter here.
    Just came across your post yesterday and am so in. Time to get back the washboard. lol

After the initial test: 61 sit-ups. So will start in tomorrow by their columns on week 3 column 3. Seems daunting, but i'm sure those muscles need the challenge.

Good to have you! It's a little easier then you think when you first begin! I was surprised by just how strong my core really is, and so were many others...as I'm sure you will be too! Good luck!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hi all.
    Just wanted to weigh in on the how to do situps without hurting yourself.

Don't use your arms.

Cross your arms to your chest (left over right) for crunches/sit-ups/etc. Grab your shirt if you need to. Don't ever put your hands behind your head. It will inevitably cause you to use your head and neck for sit-ups and that is not the goal.

If your back or neck hurts, you are using it too much. Make sure you are lifting your abs toward the ceiling first (using your abs only) and then towards your legs. That is the proper way to do sit-ups.
    It is so easy to get out of form.

Be careful!

I completed the push-ups and sit-ups not too long ago. Don't think I ever got to 100/200, but mine were chest to floor push-ups and elbows past knees sit-ups. Should be starting round 2 here in a couple weeks.

Good luck!

Well said! Thank you :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ooook! So I've been sticking to my 30day shred and am now half way through the 2nd round....getting easier by the day, I have alltogether throughout my whole body lost 11 1/2inches. INCREDIBLE, Never realized till I started measuring how many inches you actually lose. Am now wearing a size 5 again (in juniors)....YAY!

So with that being said I am now on week 6 Day2 Column3 of the challenge...I should be doing my FINAL challenge for sit-up's by the end of this week, begining of next :( but plan on continuing my crunches each day, the difference it's made is really amazing.
    So far today I have done my shred, and am taking my kiddos to the park (walking) doing some power walking on the treadmill 20min and my sit-up challenge! Good luck to everyone else :bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'll play, the one thing I didn't understand is the week one chart. It says for example, set one, and next to it is the number 3 but then says up to 10 situps....what does the 3 mean?

Ok to start you have to do the first initial exhaustion test, whatever number you get on that will place you on the chart- for instance Week1 Column1 beginers column2 intermediate Column3-Expert...kinda how you look at it...go to the site 200 sit-up's.com and read starting at week one. It'll walk you through, Good luck :happy:
  • pebblezz
    pebblezz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I think I will take you up on this, it would not hurt.............:drinker:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hi, I think I will take you up on this, it would not hurt.............:drinker:

That's GREAT! Go to the first page of this thread and click on the link I posted in the first message, it'll walk you through! Well worth it! Good luck :)
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It was not bad... I am just going to stay at 200 situps per day. I am also doing 100 push ups.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    My ab's are on FIIIRRRRRREEEE! But I did it, completed
    Week6 Day2 Column3
    TOTAL: (HOLY HECK) 380!
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    My ab's are on FIIIRRRRRREEEE! But I did it, completed
    Week6 Day2 Column3
    TOTAL: (HOLY HECK) 380!

WOOOOOW i cant wait till i get there!! i just started week3 (didnt log it yesterday...such a slcaker lol) and started squats too so now i am doing all 3 and squeezing in exercise when my kids give me 30 whole minutes to myself lol. btw.. what is the 30 day shred? i have heard so much about it all i have is hip hop abs and kettle bell dvds.. what does it all include???