30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 1!

I am still alive so that is a good sign. :tongue: This was also my first workout with my new HRM (Polar RS200) and I can not gush enough about how much I :heart: it! I burned 150 calories during the shred, doesn't seem like a lot but I was in fact covered in sweat after!

After the Shred I walked on my treadmill for 3 miles. My treadmill had always told me that 3 miles = 424 calories but now with my nifty HRM I know that in fact I am only burning 292! I'm glad I am not one that eats all of my exercise calories or I could have really been messing up. Not sure how these equipments are allowed to put things like calories on there and them be so wrong. :huh:

Anyway that is my gripe over. :blushing: Glad to have day 1 out of the way... bring on day 2!
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I tried this today for the first time...picked it up on way home from work. I know I am not going to be able to do it everyday for the whole 30 days because I am going camping for few days first week of July, but decided not to use that as an excuse not to try.

I am in awe of all of you who got through day 1...I, myself, cheated a bit...modified a bit...rested a bit...but didn't quit til the end. Now that I am done....OUCH!!!! I hurt...mostly my inner thigh right now, but I am sure I will have a few more ouches by morning. I do like the idea of getting up a bit early and working out then doing more in evening. Even though the workout was intense and I burned twice as much calories as walking, I still feel like I haven't put in enough time.

Starting weight: 225.0 ish....official weigh in not til TOPS a bit later.
  • beautifuldanielle
    Options
    I just ordered it TODAY from ebay! I cant wait to get it. I have heard really good things about it.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 and I'm still breathing. Not sure if I'll be able to move tomorrow cuz I'm so out of shape..lol. I burned 423 calories according to me HRM, not bad for a 20 minute workout. Good luck everyone!
  • Biancasmommy
    Biancasmommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today was L1 D3 for me. I can't wait until it starts getting a little easier!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I did my Day 1 Level 1. Yeah...she kicked my a** like she usually does. I can do most of it except for pushups....So I do a few then breathe heavy til she's done. Not only did I do that, I cleaned my house and went for a 6 mile bike ride. I am trying to kick back into gear...kinda at a standstill.
    Kepp it up girls...I am getting up early for work so I can do this before I go. If I wait til after work...I won't do it...I am a 12 hr nurse so you know I will be tired...:tongue:
  • sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1, Day 1! Let's see how much I CAN'T move tomorrow. :laugh:
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    I just finished L(1) day (2) of the shred and wooooaahhh buddy. I thought it was supposed to get easier???? It was a lot harder because I was sooooo sore. But I finished. My thighs and pec muscles hurt the most. Excited for it to get easier though. Tomorrow day (3) . Great job everyone. Keep up the hard work!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Day 2 done! Off to work!
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Daisy,
    I'll join you. I don't what the Shred thing is about, but I've got Zumba fresh out of the package and want to see a change!
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like how you set your goals. They are equal to mine! I should lose 50 pounds by New Years too! Can you tell me what SHRED is about?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    For those of you who haven't received your dvd yet--here's a link to the WHOLE THING online:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTMxNDMwNzY=.html

I've used it when I don't have access to a dvd player. It's a bit choppy at times but the last time I used it, it played pretty smoothly! I'll be using it today because my (still!) pregnant DD is using the laptop with the dvd player on it! (Baby was due laast Wednesday.)
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First of all thanks to SoliQ who befriended me just when I was about to procrastinate this to another week. I went to Best buy and after my softball game popped in the DVD. It looks so easy but its definately a challenge. So day 1 down, 29 to go. I did weigh myself today and I will be taking measurements to monitor my progress. Anyone know how to put this in as excersise? 30 day shred is not in the database and I did see that one of you with a monitor mentioned 150 calories burned?
    Thanks
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Despite my distaste for Jillian and her boring 30-day shred and my love for Chalene I decided to start a 5:00 am workout regime (and I’ve only worked out at night to Turbo Jam for 4 years now).

I’m pretty bummed at the moment (today is day 1) after logging to see it only burned 166 calories. I guess I’ll give it 30 days but that means I’ll definitely have to stick to a 1200 cal diet and no 2000cal maintenance/cheat Saturdays.

I’m hoping to save time by doing it in the morning but this means a 10:00 pm bed time in order to survive. I’m the worlds worst morning person – this will be fun! Ha ha not! ;)

* Ps: way to go pmjsmom for posting a link to 30-day shred in full online. My copy is burned from my sister and I burned all my TJ videos for her years ago and recently Chalene Extreme which I bought original still wrapped for $25 on Craigs List - woo!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    First of all thanks to SoliQ who befriended me just when I was about to procrastinate this to another week. I went to Best buy and after my softball game popped in the DVD. It looks so easy but its definately a challenge. So day 1 down, 29 to go. I did weigh myself today and I will be taking measurements to monitor my progress. Anyone know how to put this in as excersise? 30 day shred is not in the database and I did see that one of you with a monitor mentioned 150 calories burned?
    Thanks

Use "circuit training".
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 done.

(I put it under circuit training, too)
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    L1 D2 done. Only took a bit of mental convincing to get my rotund derriere out of bed and downstairs. Still cheated a bit...can't do all the push ups, and modified a bit...but much better than last night. Achy this morning... but feel good.
  • daniellevietti
    daniellevietti Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm new to working out, in general but have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the last 3 months and really seeing results.

Do you think it's too much to do the Shred in the morning (530) and 45-1 hour at the gym in the evenings?
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    L1D2 completed for me! I did Day 1 last night at around 10pm and then walked 3 miles. Then today I did Day 2 and walked another 3 miles at around Noon.

I am exhausted!!

I think tomorrow I'll just do the shred and leave the walking for another day. I just hate that I sweat my butt off and I push myself and I'm only burning around 150 calories (per my HRM) after the 30 minutes. But I do know it is working cause I can feel it everywhere and I am sure that is all that matters. :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm new to working out, in general but have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the last 3 months and really seeing results.

Do you think it's too much to do the Shred in the morning (530) and 45-1 hour at the gym in the evenings?
    I'd try it out and see how you feel. I am planning on doing something similar several times a week.