Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Huh....I just don't like anyone.

Careful. You're dangerously close to violating my intellectual property rights.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

Rnt I enough for you? :huh:

33110506_1131.jpg

I laugh at this, typical "I saw 1 of ur posts and now I have to hate" Typical...

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

Would you like to elaborate? You seem to be following me around, finding something to "rag post" about.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just don’t want to be thought of as a "creeper". I am only interested in meeting people who are on the same journey as myself and its very difficult to determine who is who by reading a simple profile. I have a lot to learn after being out of the gym while raising kids and doing my best to get caught up.

i admit i'm guilty of that worry too. i mean... i'm in my mid-40's, so it just feels weird to send a FR to a woman in her mid-20's. i always picture them thinking i'm some sort of creepy perv just for sending the FR.

there are some creepy pervs on here for sure, i just don't happen to be one of them. i blame my upbringing.:frown:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

If I repeat the "I was so excited when I got your FR" story that I told Rachel, will it help?
  • hokus2
    hokus2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just don’t want to be thought of as a "creeper". I am only interested in meeting people who are on the same journey as myself and its very difficult to determine who is who by reading a simple profile. I have a lot to learn after being out of the gym while raising kids and doing my best to get caught up.

i admit i'm guilty of that worry too. i mean... i'm in my mid-40's, so it just feels weird to send a FR to a woman in her mid-20's. i always picture them thinking i'm some sort of creepy perv just for sending the FR.

there are some creepy pervs on here for sure, i just don't happen to be one of them. i blame my upbringing.:frown:

Amen brother
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh but one more thing, since I am ragedeleting Steph I do have an opening, so I'll be window shopping here.

NOOOO!!! Come back to me! You can look at my diary and judge me all you want!
    Dawwww, you have to work much harder to shake me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't send requests out very often. I usually just wait to see if people send one to me, and I'm happy to accept. I don't know, I guess I just don't have a very good on-the-internet-radar for whether people would want to be friends or not. But, additionally I would always rather someone reject my request than to accept it, if they didn't really want to.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I do mutual underwear exchanges. So those who are on my friends list exchanged underwear with me and proved themselves worthy.

Damn, that's where I went wrong. :/
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

If I repeat the "I was so excited when I got your FR" story that I told Rachel, will it help?

I KNEW IT! :grumble: Traitor.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes. I notoriously do not send out FR rarely; I talk to people sometimes like we're already friends, PM, etc., but I just assume everyone hates me until proven otherwise.

But there are definitely people (INCLUDING YOU WINNER) who I would like to be friends with.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

I KNEW IT!

I've been excited over many, but you were my first. :love:
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    just for that. can i add you as a friend? Is that creepy?

(ok so now i need to learn how to quote. I would't want everyone thinking I was stalking them. I am a picky stalker)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I sent one of the cool kids a FR when I was new because I saw her success story and was really inspired. And she accepted! I was so happy!!

Then she deleted me. I didn't know why...so I sent her a message asking why...

...and she ignored it.

My heart was shattered; my fragile ego was destroyed. I projected back to eighth grade when my "best friend" told me she didn't want to be friends with me anymore because I didn't fit in with the cool kids.

And yet I've built an amazing list of friends here on MFP and no longer feel the sting of her rejection on a daily basis.

:laugh:

People reject me on MFP all the time, but I don't take it personally. If you guys really knew me...well, you'd REALLY run in the other direction!

ETA: I add anyone that sends a message with the request, and I request people that I seem to have many friends in common with.

I could have written this exact same thing, except she sent me the request, then deleted me and then ignored me when I PMd her. No hard feelings against that person though. Sometimes people don't click.

Honestly, I have an amazing group of friends. There are lots more I'd like to be friends with but I'm afraid of my list getting unmanageable. Rejection doesn't bother me.

I knew we had a lot in common! That's why we're friends.*big smooches* :heart:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

You make me want to add you only to delete you. Please say yes
    33110506_1131.jpg

I laugh at this, typical "I saw 1 of ur posts and now I have to hate" Typical...

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

Would you like to elaborate? You seem to be following me around, finding something to "rag post" about.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Yes. I notoriously do not send out FR rarely; I talk to people sometimes like we're already friends, PM, etc., but I just assume everyone hates me until proven otherwise.

But there are definitely people (INCLUDING YOU WINNER) who I would like to be friends with.

I was sooo nervous when I sent you a FR

Seriously, you were the worst out of all I have sent
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I'd try to elaborate, but you don't listen to folks with older cars that are completely paid for, so you can just head to the next post.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm shy, so in the past I haven't sent one to everyone I found interesting, but here lately it's paid off to at least try. :D
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    It's ok, I won't reject you.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

33110506_1131.jpg

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

looks like you are the one following her around. :huh:
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No because if someone declines me, I just message them asking them if they need a pet. Then they accept. Who doesn't love pets?

just for that. can i add you as a friend? Is that creepy?