Online Dating, Yay or Nay

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Go to a bar and get sloshed.

Someone will leave with you, no matter your weight.

She has a point.

And you're already on MFP... why pay for Match.com?

Wait... I thought that MFP was a dating website? Why else would everyone be posting pictures hot enough to make you touch yourself?
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    iAMsmiling,

Ha, similar to my story I just posted! My husband and I met on yahoo, we talked on AOL too though! Man, I haven't been on there in YEARS!!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    I don't get what's so bad about a guy that finds you attractive at your goal weight.

You think just because he dates you when your chubby that makes him more genuine?

I dated when i was thinner and I have dated at the weight I am now. There have been nice guys and not so nice guys.

I really don't think my weight will make a difference but I suppose part of it is that they would like me whether I am big or small. That it wouldn't matter.

You know... that mushy bs stuff.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Online dating for men: Send out 10,000 letters. Get one response.

Online dating for women: Receive 10,000 letters. Respond to only hottest guys.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im all for it. After all it's the only way I'll sure as **** ever meet anyone new.
  • lelly1981
    lelly1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i say yes to trying online dating hun. i met my parnet on plenty of fish and we've been together just over 3yrs. as some one else said b4 just be honest and be safe. there can be weirdos out there so please always meet in a public place, let some one know where you are going and keep your wits about you. just because some one says they're one thing doesn't mean they are.

last thing i'd say is dont let other peoples opinion put you off. i know a few people who meet online and have been together for yrs who still lie about where they meet to new people as they see it as there must be something wrong with them to have HAD TO of met online. there is nothing wrong with online dating. Just think of it as interviewing people for the job of being your partner, after all it is a really important job.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options

10000000000000% Truth...and the ones that do respond want lengthy elaborate messages, you give em that...and their response...."Hi"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If I were in the market these days, I'd definitely say yay. It's 2013...the internet and on-line dating is just another tool. I don't see how it would be any different than hitting the bars and clubs looking for a SO or even just someone to bang...probably more efficient actually to do it on-line.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

Lol, that's the sad reality.
  • 1Hunie
    1Hunie Posts: 176
    Options

This is so close to truth :laugh:
    I see no problem with online dating, especially if your life is busy. Work, school, friends, family. Who has time to go out and meet people all the time?
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online 2 years ago and we have been married for 1 year now!
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Met my SO on POF - we now have a house together. <3 It takes A LOT of work. You have to weed through A LOT of people to find the right one. I've only seen online dating work for people who have the patience for it. A lot of people give up right away.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Grocery store, coffee shop, library - anywhere you go, you can meet someone. I met my husband at Starbucks. You just have to be willing to chat someone up if you find them attractive.

Online Dating is too meat-markety and takes all the spontaneity out of everything for me.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I met my husband on yahoo chat and hes the greatest thing that has ever happend to me :) Granted...theres alot of jerks you have to weed thru..but when you meet the right one you'll know. =) Im for it
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I say yay! I was talked into it by my friends and I met an awesome guy who I have been dating since!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i met my husband on eharmony. we had a lot in common, so i think we would have ended up meeting even with out eharmony. we started talking the beginning of feb and met the beginning of march. now we've been married 5 years. (although we completely forgot our 5th anniversary lol) relationships are never all sunshine and roses, but we had a really good friendship and that got us thru the rough points.

anyway, meeting online was just a conduit. the relationship is up to you. so meeting online is no different from meeting in a bar or at a cooking class. its just a way of meeting someone.

good luck :)
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

True... ish...

Hot cowboy guy? Probably not so much?

Hawt Raver guy... still probably not so much

A man with a great taste in beer, facial hair, and a geeky side that makes me swoon... yes. That's hawt.

also big noses... I love a man with a great nose...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why I'm single
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Been together with someone I met on Craigslist for over 7 years. I'd say it's worked for me. Met some duds for sure in the process and a lot of weeding the profiles.

You like nerdy stuff, how about comic-con? The majority of them may gawk at you from afar and some will pee their pants if you initiate a conversation with them, but the ratio is in your favor and most nerds are great guys.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    NO! :grumble: :noway: personal experience.