For those of you that invite others to objectify you:

Options

Replies

• jasmine_ashby
    Options
    there are really worst things out there... most people choose to participate, and that's their own prerogative. "chit-chat, fun and games"
    I see your deeper point, I do, but it's not being forced on anyone, everyone's old and wise enough to participate in these silly games if they want.
  • jasmine_ashby
    Options
    See I reckon you're about an 8 or a 9,
    Maybe even 9 and a half in four beers time.
    That blue top shop top you've got on IS nice,
    Bit too much fake tan though - but yeah you score high.

But there's just one little thing that really really,
    Really really annoying me about you you see,
    Yeah yeah like I said you are really fit
    But my gosh don't you just know it

I'm not trying to pull you
    Even though I would like to
    I think you are really fit
    You're fit But my gosh don't you know it

@smithaldo - impressive poetry! your're a 10! Bang, Smash, Hot Affair!:laugh:

380i9.gif

Oh it's on

you guys getting all flirty with each other is a 9. Would bang. :)

The guy is quoting a song btw! - www.youtube.com/watch?v=64gvmHKWaWc
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    OP have you read The Female Eunoch? It's a good read. I found it to be very insightful on why some women think the way they do. It actually helped me realize women need to loosen up more. I didn't agree with the whole book, but as I say; insightful.

I had totally thought this was a stab at me for getting all geeky, but then I looked it up and it's a real book. Huh. I love geeks. Has anyone here read ****? I haven't. But I keep meaning to. Is it any good?
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't let these folks get you down... you have made some great points. I applaud you for being young and realizing it's not all about the outside. And don't worry, we'll see what some of these folks who have lost tons of weight and are feeling so full of themselves and think it's cool to put down your post - look like this time next year or so. Bet half of them will be back the size they were or weigh more than they did before.. We'll see how much they'll want to be "objectified" then.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Don't let these folks get you down... you have made some great points. I applaud you for being young and realizing it's not all about the outside. And don't worry, we'll see what some of these folks who have lost tons of weight and are feeling so full of themselves and think it's cool to put down your post - look like this time next year or so. Bet half of them will be back the size they were or weigh more than they did before.. We'll see how much they'll want to be "objectified" then.

Sounds like that would make you very happy and satisfied. Nice.
  • jasmine_ashby
    Options

yeah, so instead you're going to be negative towards everyone else... bit hypocritical ?
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

WHOA.

Haters gonna hate.

Wait?!? Wasn't I one of the ones who kinda supported OP? Yeah. But I'm skinny, too! Oh noes! And, yes, sometimes I like to be objectified (of course in the right context and what not)...but this was a really weird post...full of negativity and seething towards people who have achieved their goals and worked bloody hard to get there.....

body shaming and fat bashing es no bueno!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't participate in those threads. Mostly because I don't value other people's opinions of my appearance...or just other people's opinions in general.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like it best when people like me for the way I think. I am able to cultivate my mind. What I look like is an accident of the combined genetics of my parents. I can't be proud of that.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    OP have you read The Female Eunoch? It's a good read. I found it to be very insightful on why some women think the way they do. It actually helped me realize women need to loosen up more. I didn't agree with the whole book, but as I say; insightful.

I had totally thought this was a stab at me for getting all geeky, but then I looked it up and it's a real book. Huh. I love geeks. Has anyone here read ****? I haven't. But I keep meaning to. Is it any good?

No, actually, I read your post and liked it

Not a stab at you at all. But I do like to read and be silly, too. At first I was looking at those "objectifying" threads thinking I'd have a good laugh if someone said something insulting to someone (shame on me), but they never do and I realized they're having a blast. So was "lurkin'"

As for that book, I enjoyed it. It goes really deep into what makes us women tick and how society has "programmed" us to think the way we do over the centuries. It definitely covers men's perception of women and the whole feminist revolution... lol pretty deep. It's been a while since I read it, but I still got that sucker.

eta: I'd check it out at a library or something. I'm not sure just how geeky you are or if you'd actually like to read something like that. Even thumbing through it could be enlightening.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

No, actually, I read your post and liked it

Not a stab at you at all. But I do like to read and be silly, too. At first I was looking at those "objectifying" threads thinking I'd have a good laugh if someone said something insulting to someone (shame on me), but they never do and I realized they're having a blast. So was "lurkin'"

As for that book, I enjoyed it. It goes really deep into what makes us women tick and how society has "programmed" us to think the way we do over the centuries. It definitely covers men's perception of women and the whole feminist revolution... lol pretty deep. It's been a while since I read it, but I still got that sucker.

eta: I'd check it out at a Barnes & Noble or something. I'm not sure just how nerdy you are or if you'd actually like to read something like that. Even thumbing through it could be enlightening.

I worked at a bookstore before I went to grad school.

TOTAL. GEEK.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be eye candy for as many women as possible.

Mmmm doing a great job as we speak!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The OP actually managed to verbalize herself in a pretty intelligent non bitter or snarky way.
    It's unfortunate the same cannot be said for you.
  • jasmine_ashby
    Options
    See I reckon you're about an 8 or a 9,
    Maybe even 9 and a half in four beers time.
    That blue top shop top you've got on IS nice,
    Bit too much fake tan though - but yeah you score high.

But there's just one little thing that really really,
    Really really annoying me about you you see,
    Yeah yeah like I said you are really fit
    But my gosh don't you just know it

I'm not trying to pull you
    Even though I would like to
    I think you are really fit
    You're fit But my gosh don't you know it

@smithaldo - impressive poetry! your're a 10! Bang, Smash, Hot Affair!:laugh:

380i9.gif

Oh it's on

you guys getting all flirty with each other is a 9. Would bang. :)

The guy is quoting a song btw! - www.youtube.com/watch?v=64gvmHKWaWc

I never claimed I'd made it up...btw

I never said you did... :)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that 99.9% of the people here have never met (and will actually never) meet each other or get to really know one another - so it just seems like harmless (and very optional) entertainment to me
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I avoid those threads because I think they're stupid. But it has no effect on me whatsoever if others do. In short, who cares?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I avoid those threads because I think they're stupid. But it has no effect on me whatsoever if others do. In short, who cares?

Anyone perceptive enough to realize that gender issues are one of the biggest problems in western society.
  • jasmine_ashby
    Options

Anyone perceptive enough to realize that gender issues are one of the biggest problems in western society.

and they're not in the east?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I felt like I knew more about the world when I was 5 than I do now.
This discussion has been closed.