the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Free weights and exercise bands
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Gym Membership
    Heart Rate Monitor
    and a Clue

not bought but self control to just say no cold turkey to alot of bad habits i had the past decades
  • gawner
    gawner Posts: 1
    Options
    Four things have spurred my success, the food scale, Dr. Oz supplements, Fitbit and believe or not- being in my wheelchair. Without the use of exercise, I have to really control the intake of calories.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Total flex
    Hand weights
    leg weights
    runners for running
    resistance bands
    kettle bell
    bosu

I'd like to point out that my gym membership is the WORST thing I did. I have no need for it yet have to pay for another 10 weeks worth or it costs me more. I don't go cause I prefer to run outdoors & the weights I have no use for cause I can do my strength stuff at home. Don't waste your money on a gym unless you have no other choice, even then.... body weight exercises are better.
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    Three things my HRM, cross trainer at home and the best thing ever my gym membership
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Digital Food Scale - ($7.50 - Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/d3ef2r5))
    Measuring Cups
    Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)
  • areese63
    areese63 Posts: 1
    Options
    Joined the Zeal for Life Challenge! for more info check out website amyreese1.zealforlife.com. It saved my life! I have gone from size 24w to 16 in 6 weeks! Join me in the Challenge, you won't believe the amazing results you'll experience.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Food scale. Definitely the food scale.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Here are the tools that worked for me - purchased or acquired for free: ($ are Australian) - in the order of purchase

1. Treadmill - got me moving initially (though rarely use nowadays unless bad weather). Cost? $1200
    2. Mfp - got me tracking food and exercise. Cost? Nothing (:
    3. Barbells/dumbbells. Cost? Nothing - they were in my attic but neglected for too long
    4. Polar FT80 HRM - helps me monitor cals expended in cardio and strength training. cost? $300ish
    5. Fitbit One - helps me measure incidental exercise. Cost? $130 (x 2 as lost first one).

Best investment so far is Mfp (:
    Best exercise for me has been walking/jogging (outdoors!) which is free followed by strength training with my old dumbbells and barbells.

EDIT I found a food scale ($25 -approx) useful too
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My 10km running clinic $69.99
    Garmin watch w/out HRM - $199.99