what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• greenapples27
    greenapples27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! :smile:

Today I am proud that after exercising and not seeing results--by counting my calories on myfitnesspal I am finally starting to lose weight (instead of just not gain more!)!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I went to gym even though I really had no desire to exercise today.
  • JaimeMWS
    JaimeMWS Posts: 36
    Options
    I adopted a young adult dog who needs lots of walking and training:wink:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I adopted a young adult dog who needs lots of walking and training:wink:

How wonderful of you to adopt a four legged son or daughter, and dog walking is such a tremendous way to get daily exercise in 2 or 3 or even more times per day. Plus, dog walking helps/MAKES get you outta the house in all ocassions... rain, snow, sleet and hail too:wink: Sounds like a potential inconvenience or pain--but will help you in so many ways. You ROCK!
  • Copperlash
    Options
    Not so much proud... but determined. That this time, I'm going to learn to like food and to eat it regularly.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Not so much proud... but determined. That this time, I'm going to learn to like food and to eat it regularly.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :drinker: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LOVE this post and I LOVE determination--determination is such a driving and motivational mindset and way of daily living to me. You ROCK, and thanks for posting this!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm pleased as punch a very proud of mowing (actually manicuring) my front, sides and backyards. NOTHING makes my fat cry more and give me a big ole dose of Vitamin D like turning my yards into looking like little golf courses. I'm a sweaty mess and I LOVE IT--it's funny how I swear even more AFTERWARDS than during--love how gorgeous my lawns look and I feel!!!!!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i am proud because i can actually feel my ab muscles when i am walking now, and fit into one of my favourite jackets better than i ever have! so excited! just gives me more determination to keep pushing and improving myself now i can SEE the results!

:happy:

it's really great to read about all your successes everyone, it makes me so proud of you all too!
    :heart:
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im proud because my roommates tried to entice me out drinking last night. Instead I went to my kickboxing circuit training class and managed to plank for 3 minutes straight at one of the stations! Physical strength and mental strength are on the up!! :)
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    For not giving up when I have a bad food binge. Last night I binged on ruffles potato chips but I am back at it today better than ever!
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am proud because I did more than I planned on doing today. Not excercise or nutrition -wise, but I studied more than I planned on doing, so that it will be more likely for me to get accepted to the college I want to get to so I don't have to have a third gap year working a bulls**t job in a grocery store (no offense to people who work in stores, you have my complete respect, it's just not my thing).

Also, I'm proud because I still haven't touched that tub of Ben&Jerry's in my freezer, I bought it two or three weeks ago when I felt like eating something sweet after dinner but no longer felt like it after a big, healthy dinner. I think about that ice cream almost every afternoon going "today, after all this is done, I'm gonna watch some tv and have some Ben&Jerry's and enjoy myself", but it's still unopened - unless my boyfriend has secretly eaten it (wouldn't be the first time).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Bless God Almighty...Today was a day of "Rest" and Peace and it was, but at the exact same time...I burnt to a CRISP major league calories today--more cals than I EVER have in my entire Mfp logging. ***** A.M. Gardening--I put down 60 minutes, but was out there far longer than an hour and not just planting flowers but totally cleaning out all four of my nice sized flower gardens...deep cleaning and mulching and planting--what an utter relaxing--yet hard working delight! I spent at least 3 hours out there, but I don't want to count the cals. THEN, this afternoon, I walked for an hour and 49 minutes@about 3.0mph+I did my sit-ups, push-ups and deep squats, lunges and gymnastic stuff...but I'm counting less/not counting the vigorous stretches--again, because I don't want the cals counted. THEN this evening I walked for another hour@2.5 mph, but only counting 2.0mph--968 CALS burnt to a crisp today- That is HUGE for me--HUGE!!!!!! :drinker:

Oh...guess how many steps I had today, it's an ALL TIME record for me....15,519 STEPS....this on a day of REST--I'm thrilled. PLUS, even though my official weigh-in day is tomorrow, I got on the scale before I signed in here and I'm down a pound....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm proud because my fitness is improving all the time. I did over 10x the amount of cardio today that I could find the motivation to do a few months ago. I'm starting to get some real affirmation from the work I have put in. I really struggled a few months ago with exercising, but now I actually quite enjoy pushing myself. Its a big positive change for me :)
  • christinamcglynn1
    christinamcglynn1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale and realized I lost my first 10lbs!! YAY! GO ME!
  • lenac03
    lenac03 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had a half salad/half sandwich for dinner at Panera. Planned ahead for going out, knew what I could get and what I wanted. When they asked me what I wanted with it (chips, baguette, or apple), I picked the apple. Brought me my food, and accidentally brought the baguette. I asked if I could get the apple, which I immediately stuck in my purse to save for later. And what I'm most proud of - even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread, I didn't need it tonight. And it sat there, mocking me, through my whole dinner. And I subdued it...and won the battle with the baguette.
  • sorting
    sorting Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a half salad/half sandwich for dinner at Panera. Planned ahead for going out, knew what I could get and what I wanted. When they asked me what I wanted with it (chips, baguette, or apple), I picked the apple. Brought me my food, and accidentally brought the baguette. I asked if I could get the apple, which I immediately stuck in my purse to save for later. And what I'm most proud of - even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread, I didn't need it tonight. And it sat there, mocking me, through my whole dinner. And I subdued it...and won the battle with the baguette.

Wooo! I know how you feel - bread is the death of me. Seriously, stick me on an island with some bread and I'm all set. But congratulations! When it comes to Round 2 vs Baguette, good luck - I'm sure you can do it again :)
  • RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I've listened to my body and eaten food that makes me full and happy, without obsessing about it.

Apart from that, I'm proud that I've done so much studying :wink:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm down 1.4 pounds this week and a whole percentage of body fat down...I'm more physically active now than I've ever been and it's to the place where I CRAVE being physically active more than not. I'm thrilled about that!!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm proud of my appetite! I'm neither hungry nor starving--my outer stomach is getting smaller, as is my inner stomach! Yesterday we had some yummy Thai Food. I remember this time last year, I could have eaten tons more--now it seems just a little goes a long way. Instead of eating two scoop of Thai I cream like I used to could...I could only eat and only wanted a taste of the coconut ice cream and a taste (a teaspoon or so) of the green tea ice cream. I'm thrilled about that.

Self control and contentment in my eating and drinking is so most excellent and I'm mega thrilled about it!!!!!!
  • dtdam
    dtdam Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't post often, but I can actually share that I am proud of myself today for two reasons.

The first is on Saturday my family and I were going on a road trip. My husband said we will stop at Burger King on the way for lunch. Instead I packed my lunch !!!

Second, today is a co-worker's birthday and the people in my department were taking him to lunch..at Red Robin..For those of you who are not familiar, think massive burgers with tons of toppings, never ending steak fries and never ending floats....I declined the invitation and went to spinning class instead.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!