Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! Looking good for the July #s so far. Let's keep it up.

July 1st- 195.5 (under 200!)
    July 7th- 197.8 (dumb 4th)
    July 16th- 187.8 (I made it to the 18Xs!!!)

Have a beautiful weekend, with no mindless snacking.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WOW! great job Barty! 40 lbs. You are so motivated. We're all proud of you.

Bru, good job on your weigh. Love the new ticker.

Amanda, just finished my first week back to water aerobics. I am taking a class. Not fortunate enough to have my own pool. I'm not sure I want the upkeep it takes. But having one right there all the time would be nice. 20 some years ago I taught kids swim lessons at the gym and occas. subbed for aerobics teacher so it was kinda like coming home to get into a class. Today I was early for class so I did some lap swimming too. That was a real stress releaser for me. I also used my HR monitor this week too. That was fun.

Congrats to all who loss this week/month. Keep it up.

Jacque

7/9 129.4
    7/16 128.6
  • AmandaLB03
    Options
    Hi All, Well I have survived the two Fortieth Birthday Parties and i've lost 1.5 pounds :laugh: so i'm really really happy, just going for a Girls Lunch Out :bigsmile: and tomorrow I've got a Pimms Party to attend (that stuff is just soooo easy to drink lol:love: ) so not holding out too much hope for next Friday!!!

starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10.........164.5
    Weight on 5/1/10............................................138
    Weight on 5/7/10............................................136
    Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134
    Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132
    Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131
    Weight on 6/4/10............................................129
    Weight on 6/11/10..........................................128
    Weight on 6/18/10..........................................127.5
    Weight on 6/25/10..........................................126 i'VE DONE IT ..... REACHED MY FINAL GOAL WEIGHT :laugh: :laugh:
    Final Goal Weight..........................................126
    New Goal Weight end of July......................121 GOING TO TRY AND LOSE A FEW MORE POUNDS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE
    Weight on 7/2/10............................................125
    weight on 7/9/10.............................................124.5 LOST 40 POUNDS IN SIX MONTHS WITH MFP !!!!!! :drinker: :laugh:
    weight on 7/16/10...........................................123

Good Luck to you all

Way to Go!!!! WOHOOO!!! I need to lose 25 more lbs to reach my weigh goal. What is ur meal plan and workout plant?
  • AmandaLB03
    Options
    My weigh in this week was 213.... WOHOOOOO!! Down 2 lbs!!! I hope that I cant stay the track and lose 1 or 2 more next week. WOHOOO Ladies we can do this.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bru, good job on your weigh. Love the new ticker.

Thanks! And the ticker is part of my name for my crocheting, Bru-nique Threads. :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Tired ladies...3 days in a row working before vacatoin is a lot for me (usually only work 2 days a week)...on my feet all day...very busy....I know you all probably think this is your everyday....but I am just not used to it...anyway....very tired.....not doing any more exercise today....MUST get my packing done or we will be naked on our trip....anyhow...had strawberries, watermelon and peaches today....zucchini and later plan on having some pickled beets....only got 50 jumping jacks in today, don't think I will make my daily 150 quota, but we will see...anyway, hope everyone enjoyed their weight losses and keep you heads up to those who didn't...My weigh in is tomorrow, talk to you all later!!..................:yawn:
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    I have been so busy - haven't had a chance to read up - hope everyone is doing well!!

Me:
    July1 - 168.4
    July9 - 165
    July 15 - 161.8

Doing well - 6 more days of HCG then 'stabilization'.

2.8lbs before I'm out of 'overweight' range.

Great things that happened:
    Two people referred to me as 'tiny' . .. .as if!
    I tried on some amazingly cute dresses at Dress Barn today - in size 10!!! (one was a little too big)
    One guy at work asked if I was gonna put a little weight back on because I was too thin!?!?! Say what?

I will be on vacation until July 24th - no computer - I will miss you all - have a wonderful encouraging healthy week everyone!

Traci
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    have a great time 5cats. I am so proud of you on such a contriversial plan but it is working for you so way to go.
  • patti626
    patti626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i'm in....
  • bchgrl
    bchgrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Well I have survived the two Fortieth Birthday Parties and i've lost 1.5 pounds :laugh: so i'm really really happy, just going for a Girls Lunch Out :bigsmile: and tomorrow I've got a Pimms Party to attend (that stuff is just soooo easy to drink lol:love: ) so not holding out too much hope for next Friday!!!

starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10.........164.5
    Weight on 5/1/10............................................138
    Weight on 5/7/10............................................136
    Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134
    Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132
    Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131
    Weight on 6/4/10............................................129
    Weight on 6/11/10..........................................128
    Weight on 6/18/10..........................................127.5
    Weight on 6/25/10..........................................126 i'VE DONE IT ..... REACHED MY FINAL GOAL WEIGHT :laugh: :laugh:
    Final Goal Weight..........................................126
    New Goal Weight end of July......................121 GOING TO TRY AND LOSE A FEW MORE POUNDS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE
    Weight on 7/2/10............................................125
    weight on 7/9/10.............................................124.5 LOST 40 POUNDS IN SIX MONTHS WITH MFP !!!!!! :drinker: :laugh:
    weight on 7/16/10...........................................123

Good Luck to you all

Congratulations! You're doing great! What's your workout and eating plan? Any pointers? I can use all the help I can get! :smile:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Tired ladies...3 days in a row working before vacatoin is a lot for me (usually only work 2 days a week)...on my feet all day...very busy....I know you all probably think this is your everyday....but I am just not used to it...anyway....very tired.....not doing any more exercise today....MUST get my packing done or we will be naked on our trip....anyhow...had strawberries, watermelon and peaches today....zucchini and later plan on having some pickled beets....only got 50 jumping jacks in today, don't think I will make my daily 150 quota, but we will see...anyway, hope everyone enjoyed their weight losses and keep you heads up to those who didn't...My weigh in is tomorrow, talk to you all later!!..................:yawn:

Finally!!! someone who understands lol. I keep telling people that i cant beleive i have been working 5 days a week usually with only one day off before starting again and they are like ya? so? lol I usually only work 2 days a week also so this is killing me lol very exausted and all i want to do is sit it takes a lot to get up and go for that walk but it helps too lol. anyway glad to have someone potentially on my side haha
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone!

July 1..................145 ish? can't really recall, but I think thats about right
    July 9.................141.8
    July 16...............140.2

So my summer camp ended today. Lots of happy parents and happy campers so I am in a good mood. Plus my boss looked very pleased. :bigsmile: I had a little thank you party for my 4 camp staff girls after the campers left (high school gals now, who went to the middle school) so I got them a pizza from Costco and ate two slices of it. I don't even feel bad because I was very good during the rest of the day and the last few weeks. Also, I am about to go on vacation and for me when I am super good for a long time I tend to bindge and go crazy for a few days, wanted to not let loose THAT much while I am out of my normal schedule so I thought I would just enjoy the pizza and not stress about it. Feels good that I am and can change the way I think about food. I am starting to fix my all or nothing mind set. Off work for two weeks, so I guess that I will just have to see how that goes, just trying to stay as healthy as I can and eat only when I am hungry. I also came to the 40 lb lost mile stone! It took me 6 months to lose the first 30, then a year to lose this last 10. But I figure that at least I am not living with the old bad habits of the past everyday anymore, they do say slow and steady. Being so close to the end for so long just proves that I can maintain....right? :laugh:

Bru- What about doing a walking challenge? We could walk an hour each day. Even if some of us have to do shorter walks (2-30 mins or 4-15 min walks could be easy to fit in. I was also thinking about adding a new veggie to your day. Some veggie that you have not tried, or don't eat often and you can play with different ways to make it. Just a few ideas to add to your list. :flowerforyou:

~Jenn
  • N_TAGASI
    N_TAGASI Posts: 3
    Options
    I had the best week so far but instead of loosing I went from 86.9 to 87.4 :(
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can I join mid-month please? I need a push! lol

July 2nd SW 214.2
    July GW 209.2 (oh, how amazing would that sub 210 be!)

I'm 213.2 atm, but I'm pretty sure of a bigger loss this week 'cause I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. I reckon there's some water weight in there this week!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Heading to VIrginia Beach....so only going to get my 150 jumping jacks in today and that is probably it...the hotel has WIFI though so I am hoping to be able to keep in touch....talk to you all soon!!
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Krinio.....this is the place to get motivated. We'll be there to help push. Heck, ya, you'll have that Pandora bead in no time. Good luck.

Jacque
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well the kids & I had a HOT one out there today! After the long drive to Starved Rock we got there around 11am & then started our hike. We did about 12-15 miles, can't really know for sure. We all had our backpacks filled with yummy snacks of granola bars & fresh fruit. We hiked for almost 4 hours! We took several sit down breaks to have some water & a snack. It was really hot & when we got to the waterfall that was nice & refreshing!

After we finished our hike we got the blanket out & cooler & sat in the shade & had our yummy lunches of deli sandwiches (which I made) and lots of fresh fruit & veggies & yogurt . We had several weight watchers snacks for desserts too & the kids loved everything.

After lunch I had brought a frisbee-type toy thing & watched the kids play for awhile. I was too worn out at that point!

Then we packed up the SUV & headed for home. We ran up to the cafe nearby for dinner, then went over to Grandma&Grandpa's to play with the puppy for a bit. Finally we came home & all jumped in the pool! I only did for about 15 minutes however - it felt great, but it was dark outside & I am just pooped out!

So anyway - burned over 1300 calories today! I have now completed BOTH of my 90 min straight workouts today - so the other day one I did is just an extra! :laugh: :wink: :laugh:

Kelly
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jacque! I think this is just what I need! :smile: Doing well as far as diet goes today, I just need to get some exercise in :smile:

Corrinne
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo in!! Ive already lost 3lbs this month so only 2 more to go :happy:

Goal Weight for August 1st - 154lbs (nearly there!)

Good Luck everyone..I hope everyone can reach their goals :bigsmile:
  • ahalizwe
    ahalizwe Posts: 5
    Options
    I am definately in, but that gives me 13days to lose 5pounds...I hope I can pull that off!!!!
    SW - 132lbs
    Weight by 1st August - 127lbs

I can do this!!!