Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• wcj61
    wcj61 Posts: 13
    Options
    I notice most women but am very careful not to be noticed noticing them. I don't want to be labeled a perv. Despite the truth. And I think I'm invisible.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

Same!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i replied earlier on this thread, but nobody noticed.

anim_sad.gif
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I get noticed. I usually do notice because it's fairly obvious most of the times. Guys aren't as sneaky as they think they are. :bigsmile: I get attention from women too, but that's asking me where I bought such and so, usually a dress. I don't mind, I would honestly mind NOT getting noticed. There's nothing sexual about it either, I'm very happily married, dress fairly modestly and don't command attention... and don't go out of my way to get people to pay attention to me, either. I am, however, very confident, put together and friendly. And smug, obviously, I'm smug. :ohwell:
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's all the vibration and energy those people exude! Thew law of attraction at its best :)
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Been noticed more since being married to my husband Chris. He's helped me be more confident with working out and eating right! I see guys (maybe a couple of girls too) look at me but I never seem to know when they are flirty! haha
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't feel physically attractive and I don't get noticed. But that's fine by me. =B
  • rehlaereht
    Options
    I always assume someone is watching, because I am a people watcher. I notice (the universal) you, but it has nothing to do with your attractiveness, just like to watch humans be humans.

Right there with ya, I am huge people watcher. But Honestly, I dont notice if anyone is watchin me... or even notices. I'm an air head though.. Good Friends call me "scattered". :)

-Camille
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've never been noticed much. I've always been very quiet and introverted.
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I only ever get noticed by the most unattractive of people and that didn't happen until after high school. It's only after I make friends and they realize how awesome I am that things change.

Side note: I've been told that people only hit on those who are approximately the same level of attractiveness. Dang. lol
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I had a guy chase me down a street one time (I was walking with my best friend) and begged for my autograph because I was the prettiest person he had ever seen. I will never forget that. :laugh: that was years ago. That stuff really doesn't happen anymore, but i'm okay with that. My husband thinks i'm beautiful and that is all that matters.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nope. People pay more attention to me now that I'm not overweight, but I don't think it's attraction. It's just treating me as a fellow human being. I have a fairly odd looking face, and I'm always curious on peoples opinion about my looks. I don't particularly care if it's negative or positive either, I'm just fascinated to see how people view me. Some think I look like an chipmunk, some think I look like Matt Damon, some thing I look like Frankenstein. It's interesting.
  • SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had a really interesting thing happen awhile back when I lost a TON of weight quick when my boyfriend and I broke up...there were so many of my co-workers who came out of the woodwork like roaches. They were wanting to hang out, chat, and flirt, when before they paid no attention. I was the same person, just skinnier. Now that I'm starting to lose weight again, I've noticed coworkers saying sexually inappropriate things and being more flirty than usual. Other than that, I stick to myself and never seem to notice if anyone looks at me or not.
  • SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nope. People pay more attention to me now that I'm not overweight, but I don't think it's attraction. It's just treating me as a fellow human being. I have a fairly odd looking face, and I'm always curious on peoples opinion about my looks. I don't particularly care if it's negative or positive either, I'm just fascinated to see how people view me. Some think I look like an chipmunk, some think I look like Matt Damon, some thing I look like Frankenstein. It's interesting.
    You sound adorable!!!
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do get noticed sometimes, even though I think I'm nothing pretty to look at. I've had creepers make comments at the mall. I get a lot of compliments on my pale skin, curly red hair and blue eyes. Most people don't believe I'm not a natural redhead. :p In the summer if I go outside enough (rarely) I get freckles across my nose and across my cheeks which people for some reason find cute.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You sound adorable!!!
    Well at least I sound like it, thank you.
  • FitCitrus
    FitCitrus Posts: 15
    Options
    I barely get any attention and it blows! Forever Alooone
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

@OP - after reading many of the responses posted, I am not sure if people understand you questions. My interpretation of your statement and question about attractive people that fly under the radar, compared with less attractive people that get a lot of attention is related to personality of the individual.

For me, I am an introvert, and prefer to be out of the spotlight and be in the background. Some may think that a person like this lacks confidence, but I would clarify that it is a preference rather than an insecurity.

On the other hand, I know many people that are simply "the life of the party", extroverted, outgoing and capture attention. As you mentioned, many of these people aren't the best looking, but they attain more attention than other people.

There people that lack the confidence and have insecurities about their appearance, and think that losing weight, having plastic surgery will change all of the that... I assure you that they will be the same person (inside) after the transformation.

First and foremost, feel good about yourself!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about the confidence, two years ago, despite being rather chubby, I found myself on the receiving end of high amounts of male attention but around that time I'd gotten out of a really bad relationship and felt liberated and free, I didn't care how I looked or anything I was just happy and confidence, I wore whatever I wanted to however I wanted to regardless.

However now I recently lost my self confidence and, despite being slimmer than I was then, I rarely get a glance, or at least I've never noticed.

Though this may have something to do with my boyfriend giving guys "the look" if he notices any indication of them wanting to make a move.

I agree. When I was heavier, I had a ton of confidence. Got noticed often. Now that I've lost a bunch of weight, I feel insecure in my new body and don't have the confidence. (Backwards right??) Therefore, I don't feel like I get noticed as much. When I first lost the weight, I was showered with attention. I didn't know what to do with it. I'd never had that kind of attention before. I was always the awkward, chubby, shy girl. I think it scared me, threw me into self sabotage. I put back on 30 of my lost pounds to try to hide behind the cushion of fat. It didn't work. I'm now in the process of trying to get back to goal weight, and figure out who this new person is and how I handle her. As well as the compliments (that I never truly find sincere- because, I couldn't POSSIBLY be worthy of one). I remember the day I had to message a friend because I was able to (kind of) accept a compliment and just say "thank you" instead of finding a million reasons why (and telling the compliment giver) I wasn't worthy.
    It's a tough thing to deal with and figure out. I'm still working on it.

As far as "them" noticing me now, well, I haven't noticed.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I get noticed a lot but I think it's only because of my eyes....I guess I'm lucky people llike my eyes!!!

Most women with boobs like yours complain about guys not making eye contact at all.

LOL -- those get noticed too....after the eyes!!!

Nah, your boobs are noticed from a distance then the guys switch to eye level when they get closer to avoid getting slapped.