Options
    My heart goes out to you Next time:

2 cups tequila
    1 cup triple sec
    3/4 cup fresh lime juice
    3/4 cup sweetened lime juice
    3 cups ice
    kosher salt

Enjoy a Margareta! We still need to know the song!

Umm.... 2 Cups of Tequila? Sounds like a fun party! Lol
  • egwene1977
    Options
    Honey, he didn't dump you because you're fat....he obviously has WAY more issues than you need to deal with, and this is all about him. You are way better off without someone like that in your life. Keep on trucking, and you'll get there...and eventually, you'll find somebody that deserves you.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some many people go to the internet to find people, when there are PEOPLE ALL AROUND.

It's not easy to find people you fit to. I can find plenty of people all around me, most of them are in various stages of married, and that is not counting having anything in common with me. (that's also lacking)

So using a dating site to find singles who are also looking for a relationship is not really all that weird, or bad.

I think it is totally cool to FIND someone online, but to DATE someone online... That is something different. You can't have a relationship with someone you've nver met. You meet someone online, you should meet them in real life asap and not call it a relationship when you don't...

Yeah, I should have clarified what I meant. I actually met my best friend on Trip Advisor, he gave me advice on my first trip to Greece, and we met for lunch while I was there (1 week later) and we've been best friends ever since. What I meant was forming and maintaining a relationship online is never going to be real. If you don't meet the person and see how they really are, you don't truly know them. I can totally hide my crazy online, in person is a whole other story lol
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. in its fullest. It was not you, it was not the ex wife. Simply stated it was him, and alcohol exaggerated that . Move on is the best advice I can give you
  • Stellar76
    Stellar76 Posts: 25
    Options
    Then before midnight, he asked me to request a song for the singer at the restaurant to sing. So I did, then I went to the restroom. When I came back, I saw him crying. His tears were falling unstoppably.

What song did you request? This could be important. We need to know exactly what song it was that brought him to tears.

It was a rock song. A Metallica song. He cried even before the song was sang by the singer. So it wasn't about the song, I'm 100% sure.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I don't understand why some many people go to the internet to find people, when there are PEOPLE ALL AROUND.

It's not easy to find people you fit to. I can find plenty of people all around me, most of them are in various stages of married, and that is not counting having anything in common with me. (that's also lacking)

So using a dating site to find singles who are also looking for a relationship is not really all that weird, or bad.

I think it is totally cool to FIND someone online, but to DATE someone online... That is something different. You can't have a relationship with someone you've nver met. You meet someone online, you should meet them in real life asap and not call it a relationship when you don't...

Oh, I agree with you. But I am sympathetic to those who have met at long distance, sometimes it takes a while to get it together IRL. They were using Skype, if I assume they were using voice and video, then that helps quite a bit to establish if there is any sort of chemistry before meeting face to face.

I've done job interviews on Skype, it does work for these sorts of things. Cheaper than an airline ticket, lets you screen people out before you waste the money on one.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    i seen no part of that story that had anything to do with him rejecting you because of your weight.

he clearly has alot of issues. and I dont think your the cause.

^^THIS!!!!
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be cynical but if he is an American soldier deployed to Afghanistan, I don't see how he can be overweight. He would not have been cleared to deploy. My husband is in the United States Air Force so I know a little bit about this.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I focused my life on him, he was my priority. :(
    Don't do this part ever again with anyone, ok? I'm being completely serious with you, and believe me - I'm rarely serious. This is never ok.

Totally agree here. this is what stuck out in the whole OP's message...
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Im reading this to the bitter end... you guys are keeping me entertained on this boring work day. Thanks for the laughs.

:laugh: :devil:
  • imani533
    imani533 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If this is a true story, run, don't walk away from this psycho. Next, find yourself a good therapist. You have some issues that go beyond low self esteem. I mean this in the most caring way. If this is a scam- same advice. Seek help!!
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Happy Fiction Friday!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    ONLINE BOYFRIEND?

what is this?

I also lost her at "online boyfriend".

and you're replying because???????

Anyway, OP sorry ma....rejection is never a good feeling. Just know he wasnt worth it.....

I do not see why I should explain myself to some random chick on the internet, miss thang.

I dont understand how you can not figure out what "online boyfriend" means yet you are still able to make the internet work. Does someone help you with it?

You might want to check the 'tude at the door. I never said I don't know what it MEANS, now did I? I said I LOST her there, does not mean I don't know what it means. I guess we all need to learn how to read at one point, right? ;)

I do not see why you feel it would be necessary for you to make such an ignorant comment on someones post when they are CLEARLY going through something that YOU OBVIOUSLY do not relate to in anyway. And by putting "online boyfriend" in quotations you are defiantly either belittling the matter or something. And as far as your smart *kitten* remarks I would just save them for ANOTHER BLOG, because the people here are all on a weight loss journey and we all have insecurities and are obviously hear to do something about it. So it is just rude

. "Someone needs a little CLASS"

A *fuc*king* Men
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

Yeah, that and the "in my country there's no divorce" got me thinking it was all a bit fantastical...

All of it did not make sense.. I was thinking the same things as these ladies, plus some of the story does not add up.

If it doesn't make sense, then it's not true. ~Judge Judy

I love her.
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    So I've gathered that he must be a 250 pound, 5"5" married Filipino man, currently serving in Afghanistan who has recently broken up with a woman who types in perfect colloquial American English. He recently became an emotional basket case over a song played by a guy in a hotel bar and is known to be prone to vomit and have lapses in memory, become whacked-out insane, and still PM you.

Have I missed anything? Is there anyone from the Philippines serving in Afghanistan? It's the only country I can find any data that still doesn't recognize divorce.

Not the best story, but not the worst either.

Love this!!!!^^^^^^^LMAO
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How do you know he left you b/c of your weight?? He has too many issues- be glad that he showed you his true side now and not later. Dont ever fall in love with someone that you never met in person. PPl are crazy (as you just witnessed) Thank god your safe and he didnt try to harm you in any way.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

I've never dated online but I've met some very good "in real life" friends online. You can definitely date online and build relationships but it comes with its own set of risks I suppose.
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with the other posters. He's nuts, run fast and far. Sometimes, especially if we put ourselves out there when we are already insecure, it feels like trouble follows us like a moth to the flame. Then when they leave because of something we have no control over (i.e. their own emotional baggage) we are left feeling more alone than ever.

I feel your pain sweety, don't worry, there are thousands of fish in the sea.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be cynical but if he is an American soldier deployed to Afghanistan, I don't see how he can be overweight. He would not have been cleared to deploy. My husband is in the United States Air Force so I know a little bit about this.

I had a friend who was deployed. We talked the whole time. He came back and was a good 100lbs overweight. Shocking I know. Especially after being in the Stan for a year.
  • jrsbunky
    jrsbunky Posts: 1
    Options
    sorry you are going through this sounds like there is allot more to this then he is letting on. at that weight are you sure he was in the service? He could have been skyping you from anywhere. This guy is not right get away from him now!
This discussion has been closed.