HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    my math says she's looking ballin'

36j7q3.jpg
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Pick up all the heavy **** ladies. You all look amazing. Athletic is sexy, skinny isn't.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Another poster asked how much cardio the ladies who posted actually do... Lifting heavy gets all the credit for where I am today.

awww, my question didn't get completely lost in the madness. Thanks!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Another poster asked how much cardio the ladies who posted actually do... Lifting heavy gets all the credit for where I am today.

I actually run marathons, so I only lift heavy when not in training. Even when I'm not in training I only lift 3x week. I back off to body weight when I am training. My results are therefore a lot slower than others, because there is no way I can do a calorie deficit while running high mileage. Still, I got me some abs and wicked cuts.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say a "ton" of fat... the LBM... preservation, I believe it could have been done with just a proper calorie deficit. I believe you know the more fat you have the more fat you'll burn. I doubt she's at the level where a greater % of her energy will come from glucose(carbs and protein). I am saying, i believe she could have done the same with a slight calorie deficit and just doing aerobic exercise...

That is one of the most lollable things I have seen you post, and I have seen quite a few from you.

Also, where the hell do you get off being such an insulting *kitten*?

If you want to see saying the truth insulting, so be it. What is so lollable about it??? That's what i am curious about.

She lost 1/3 of her total fat mass and you are minimizing it as if it's hardly an accomplishment to praise.

When someone loses this much fat, the appropriate response is "congratulations" rather than trying to tell everyone she could have done it a different way, she just looks the same, etc...
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I only do minimal cardio and it's purely because I enjoy running. I do HIIT about once per week for about 15 minutes and then usually one 2-3 mile run, but sometimes not even that.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I only do minimal cardio and it's purely because I enjoy running. I do HIIT about once per week for about 15 minutes and then usually one 2-3 mile run, but sometimes not even that.

I do minimal cardio as well. I really like cardio kickboxing, so I do that twice a week for fun and cardiovascular endurance. I seem to be one of those people that does better with fat loss with less cardio...not zero cardio, but just less cardio. I burn out really fast when I do 3 or more cardio sessions in a week no matter how much food I take in.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

I do minimal cardio as well. I really like cardio kickboxing, so I do that twice a week for fun and cardiovascular endurance. I seem to be one of those people that does better with fat loss with less cardio...not zero cardio, but just less cardio. I burn out really fast when I do 3 or more cardio sessions in a week no matter how much food I take in.
    Cardio once a week, maaaaybe twice on a good week. I do it for my heart and lungs, or whenever I am grossly over calories. I went for as long as 6 weeks without any cardio. Ooops.
    It's funny how I used to be a cardio bunny, doing just that, 6 days a week for hours, thinking that you're supposed to hate exercise.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Holy crap Lea, you look amazing and I am sure that you feel incredible, hopefully like the badass superhero you have turned yourself into!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

I am not minimizing it, i said she got good results. I am saying, "you didn't get your results from lifting." that's what i am saying...

Two studies that showed preservation or increase of LBM with resistance training while in a caloric deficit. Cardio alone did not preserve LBM.
    http://www.jacn.org/content/18/2/115.abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23019316
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I am not minimizing it, i said she got good results. I am saying, "you didn't get your results from lifting." that's what i am saying...

Two studies that showed preservation or increase of LBM with resistance training while in a caloric deficit. Cardio alone did not preserve LBM.
    http://www.jacn.org/content/18/2/115.abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23019316
    Boom. Science. Thank you, sir.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Pu, why I'm even bothering to respond to you, I don't ****ing know.

I added 2 lbs of lean body mass in the 5 months I've weight lifted, all while in a deficit. Had I not weight lifted, I would have continued to lose more LBM while being in a deficit. As stated ABOVE MY BEFORE PICTURE, that picture was taken several months before I EVER picked up weights. My starting weight prior to weight lifting was 155 lbs. My starting BF was 27%. I don't have a comparable picture of myself right before weight lifting, so I used one that was taken a few months before. Again, that's why I added a disclaimer. I lost 133 lbs prior to weight lifting, yet only lost 6 sizes. I lost 3 lbs via weight lifting, yet I lost 4 sizes. My measurements in the before picture are the same as they were the day I started weight lifting. You do the ****ing math.

You outright admitted that the only reason you're in here is because I've "trolled" your threads, which, sir, is incorrect. I've not once trolled your threads. I've simply called you out on your blatantly ignorant bull****.

You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like you. But not ONCE have I discredited your weight loss efforts.

Don't you dare ****ing discredit mine.

ETA: Go ahead, Pu. Report the **** out of me. Get the whole thread shut down. I don't care. My point has been made, and now even more people know what a complete **** you are.

wait, i am confused... you don't like people criticizing what you have done?? Oh okay... Maybe you shouldn't do it to other people. Yes i know i look like the *kitten* because no one really knows what you have done... I never got on anyone case, or started crap with anyone. They dish it out to me when it comes back to them they complain. Here is advice to most people who read this, treat people the way you want to be treated. That simple.

Now on subject, I didn't discredit your weight loss. I give you props for that. What i am saying isn't about your weight loss. I even mentioned you do look like you have less body fat. I am not talking about the weight you lost in the past. I am talking about these 5 months of your lifting. I am just saying, weight lifting didn't give you your results(in the last 5 months or whatever). Nothing more, nothing less. That's all.

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. Lifting DID cause the results that she is reporting in this thread. That's the whole point of this thread...and it's backed up by several other women who have posted in success threads and other likewise threads that while on a deficit and either not exercising or just doing cardio they DID NOT get the same results of LBM and smaller size until they started lifting. Smaller measurements but more definition, more LBM, lower BF%...the numbers are there.
  • DistractedGrace
    Options
    bump
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Pu, why I'm even bothering to respond to you, I don't ****ing know.

I added 2 lbs of lean body mass in the 5 months I've weight lifted, all while in a deficit. Had I not weight lifted, I would have continued to lose more LBM while being in a deficit. As stated ABOVE MY BEFORE PICTURE, that picture was taken several months before I EVER picked up weights. My starting weight prior to weight lifting was 155 lbs. My starting BF was 27%. I don't have a comparable picture of myself right before weight lifting, so I used one that was taken a few months before. Again, that's why I added a disclaimer. I lost 133 lbs prior to weight lifting, yet only lost 6 sizes. I lost 3 lbs via weight lifting, yet I lost 4 sizes. My measurements in the before picture are the same as they were the day I started weight lifting. You do the ****ing math.

You outright admitted that the only reason you're in here is because I've "trolled" your threads, which, sir, is incorrect. I've not once trolled your threads. I've simply called you out on your blatantly ignorant bull****.

You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like you. But not ONCE have I discredited your weight loss efforts.

Don't you dare ****ing discredit mine.

ETA: Go ahead, Pu. Report the **** out of me. Get the whole thread shut down. I don't care. My point has been made, and now even more people know what a complete **** you are.

wait, i am confused... you don't like people criticizing what you have done?? Oh okay... Maybe you shouldn't do it to other people. Yes i know i look like the *kitten* because no one really knows what you have done... I never got on anyone case, or started crap with anyone. They dish it out to me when it comes back to them they complain. Here is advice to most people who read this, treat people the way you want to be treated. That simple.

Now on subject, I didn't discredit your weight loss. I give you props for that. What i am saying isn't about your weight loss. I even mentioned you do look like you have less body fat. I am not talking about the weight you lost in the past. I am talking about these 5 months of your lifting. I am just saying, weight lifting didn't give you your results(in the last 5 months or whatever). Nothing more, nothing less. That's all.

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. Lifting DID cause the results that she is reporting in this thread. That's the whole point of this thread...and it's backed up by several other women who have posted in success threads and other likewise threads that while on a deficit and either not exercising or just doing cardio they DID NOT get the same results of LBM and smaller size until they started lifting. Smaller measurements but more definition, more LBM, lower BF%...the numbers are there.

THANK YOU.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Let's get back on track people. Threads like this make me wish i would've taken more (SFW) before pictures.

Before lifting(posting these scares the **** out of me, but here we go):
    1mkjQYnl.jpg
    77c564ad-6559-4c44-a8f1-370f107ff553_zps72e8b442.jpg

After(more like during) lifting:
    NROir0bl.jpg
    EWD5oIfl.jpg
    JHRMd04l.jpg

Edit: I apologize in advance for any eye damage my blindingly white back may cause you.

My mouth I on the ground!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Excellent work :smile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Between these two photos, I lost one pound and did ZERO cardio.

S63oBzv.jpg

mkGUqeL.jpg
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Between these two photos, I lost one pound and did ZERO cardio.

S63oBzv.jpg

mkGUqeL.jpg

NO!! You can only get those results from IPOARM Version dipsh[url]it point sixty!!!

(P.S. love the pics, honey!!!) :heart:[/url]
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :love: :noway: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!