Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody :) Today was... well, busy. I'm on the worship team at my church, so that killed the morning and early afternoon (but 'twas AWESOME). My toddler was CRANKY today, so I didn't get a lot done otherwise, but *shrug*

It's Day 2 of the 30 Day Squat Challenge for me. So frigging sore, but I got those 55 squats done. Tomorrow's 60 is gonna be interesting.

This morning though, stepped on the scale and discovered that apparently I've been hiding weight loss behind some water retention, because holy freaking cow I dropped three pounds this week! 211, and One-derland is so close I can taste it! :) My reward was blowing my last 400 cals on Nutella and pretzel rods tonight. :)

I have 4 orders for my bakery so far this week. 2 dozen sugar cookies (1doz iced and the other dozen plain) and 2 loaves of bread, all told almost $30 of product. Gonna be busy Tuesday night setting dough to rise and baking on Wednesday. I'm editing photos and trying desperately to get my website up and running before Mother's Day.
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I finally gave up on actually getting caught up on all the posts I missed and started from Yesterday!!! We have some GREAT victories!!!
    Kaye- Onderland!!! How awesome!!! Bet you FEEL awesome too!!!!
    Mary- Not too far to that magical place for you either!!!
    Susan- This job is 10x harder when you are living out of a suitcase.... I am proud of you for the progress you have made!!!
    Karen- WOW 8K?!?! You are a rock star!!!
    Lin- You are officially my hero!!! I plan to follow in your footsteps!!!
    Toots and Robin- you ladies heal up quickly!!!

Today was nasty and rainy but a pretty good day. May 5 is the hardest day of the year for us, so "pretty good" actually means awesome compared to many other years... church, lunch out where I can eat gluten free and have something OTHER than a grilled chicken salad, and then the afternoon and evening hanging out with family!!! Hope everyone else had an enjoyable, healthy Sunday!!!

Marca
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing a wonderful job !
    I have lost 10 pounds since i got back on track ! 30 more to go till the end of September for a short term goal for me to loose 40 by the time i turn 40 !
    I hope that everyone has a wonderful day even if it is a Monday !
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA all weekend, had a lot going on.

Monday Check-In~Swam on Saturday for something different, goal was one-mile in under and hour and I accomplished that - forgot how much I like swimming. :wink:

Kaye~Yay, for hitting ONEderland! Way to go!

I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions at work this week, working out of two offices since I have to fill in for a manager while he is on vacation. I will try to check in when I can.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Doing the happy dance! Bang on 199#. I'm sure that I will fluctuate a little, but TWOderville is gone forever. I'll be back later.
    Kaye
    I knew you would do it. You are an amazing person great job.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend. Karen congrats on your run. You did great. I hope the back problems are resolved quickly for those who are hurting. I had a pretty good weekend. Got a lot accomplished on Saturday and then just took a super lazy day on Sunday. It is really warm here right now and I have been loving every second of it. They are predicting record highs for today which is starting to get a little to warm for me but hey thats what fans are for:happy: I have to go to zumba today and then do a little banking and a small amount of housework so all in all not to bad a day. I finally had a happy monday on the scales again. I lost 2.6 pounds this last week. I really wanted to get under 300 before my husband came home again but the losses have been so spotty I am not sure that is possible right now. He should be home in about4-6 weeks so I would have to consistently lose around 4 pounds a week and thats just not the best idea. Oh well. All right time to get busy. Have a great Monday everyone and remember to grab the water bottle :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you beautiful 'losers' and welcome to all the Newlings!

Monday check in ... I was reading the Sunday paper and saw that we're having a Walk, Shop & Drop in our town. It's sponsored by the local paper and my Drs office. Each Tuesday for 8 weeks we meet to get weighed in and then there is a lecture on different topics by the Drs office (presumably regarding health and weight loss). The top losing man and woman (goes by body weight % lost) wins a 250 gift certficate. This is *VERY* unlike me. I am NOT a joiner and do NOT do group activities, but I'm going to do this. I think it's just the type of thing to bring out my competitive spirit and get me back on track and hopefully I'll make a friend or two in the process. Filled out my registration form today and tomorrow after work I head over for the first weigh in. I did a preliminary weigh in today and I'm 17lbs above my lowest weight. NOT very happy with that, but frankly...it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be so... glad about that.

I've already udpated my MFP goals to drop the calories again and prelogged my meals for the next few days. Tonight I want to swing by Kmart and pick up a kettle bell. I found a great workout that I think looked challenging but fun... should be great as long as I don't kill one of the cats by accident swinging that bell around.

Welcome to all the newlings!
  • ameria26
    ameria26 Posts: 1
    Options
    HEY MY NAME IS EBONI AND I ALSO TRYING TO LOSE A 130 POUNDS AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE SOME FRIENDS FOR SUPPORT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME .HAVE GOOD DAY!!
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Monday check-in: Wow was this weekend stressful. Other than while at work I don't think that there were many moments when I was able to just sit down ad relax for a few minutes. Today I am back in full swing with logging and exercising! I am feeling pretty great (other than being really tired). I know I'll have to get in a pretty good dinner lower in sodium but higher in cals. My protein is looking pretty good. Already got 88g in today and my counter says I need another 49 but I'll be happy if hit 100g. I changed my breakfast smoothie so it has a scoop and a half per serving which seems to help. Tonight when I cook my chicken for the week I am going to up it from 4 oz to 6 oz for my salad. My water intake is great 6 cups already.

Kaye Congrats on ONEderland! Super exciting!

Toots and Robin Rest those backs and get better soon!

Skinnyjeans Great job on your 8K!

Mowmow I think that signing up for that contest is a great idea. Definitely motivational when money is the prize.

Kah glad you enjoyed your swim. My sister loves to swim and it's one of the things she can still do comfortably since she had her surgery to correct her scoliosis. That reminds me I have to check the cost of our dues so we can access the pool this summer.

Have a great day.
    Helena
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Great idea! It's Monday, and apart from the severe lag in my computer I'm doing great! It's finally sunny and warm outside, which has boosted my spirit, and I weighed on Saturday and found I'd lost another pound. The number means less than the result tho' and I also discovered that most of my summer wear from last year is wearable.... so very good!
  • annaldora
    annaldora Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I was reading some of the posts here, and think this is a good place for me to hang out. My daughter and I are losing (or trying) together, but with her being 22 years younger than me, she doesn't have the same struggles. I keep telling her to do it now, cause when you get to be my age (50), it gets harder. I am actually counting points (former WW member), but keep track of my weight and exercise here. So, anyway, here I am...
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @ LaurieK - waiting anxiously to hear how things went with your trainer.

@jtconst - you make me laugh -- the egg story is awesome (really glad there was no fire). That is a great loss, and yes, 4 pounds a week would be too much.

@Susan - glad you had fun with your friends on Friday night and your Sunday sounds absolutely divine!

@grandmakaye -- YAY!!! ONEDERLAND!!

@skinneyjeans -- congrats -- that's a great run!

@MaryPoppins - good luck with the website.

@kris - Nice job! Good luck with your short term goal.

@MyMOwMOw -- love that idea of the contest. $250 spending cash would be a great reward for your hard work.

I had a rough Saturday. Way over with my calories and didn't get a work out in. But I rebounded and instead of blowing my whole weekend, I stayed on target for Sunday and just "traded" my rest day. In the past, I would have probably said, I'll start again on Monday. But instead, I did 60 minutes of cardio yesterday and 40 minutes of lifting.

This week is going to be a challenge for me. I'm only home until 3:00 on Thursday and then its off to watch a "son" graduate from high school. My best friend's oldest child is a Senior and while we have to travel 6 hours, I'm very excited to share this special day with him. We will just take it one day at a time. Today, my son has a baseball game so my goal is to put my daughter to bed at 7:30 and then head to the gym.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I need to Vent and hopefully this will allow me to let go of this situation:mad: :angry:
    Trainer update---- Frankly, I am still angry with the whole situation for a variety of reason. First, he did not show up Friday night and no word to say that he was not coming. 2. When I finally heard from him on Sunday (email)- he blamed me for the miscommunication said that I sent 7 emails in one day. I did not. He did not receive any of the emails I sent until Friday morning (around 12 am) and anyone who knows me knows I am in bed by 10;30 pm. I sent the first email on Wednesday night, then sent the second on Thursday (I missed an exit in the directions.) The next 5 emails, I did send on Friday because I had not heard from yet and I needed to know what his plans were so I could plan the rest of my day- like getting dinner. When he finally responded he said that he was trying to reschedule a 6:30 client. I would have thought that he would have rescheduled this person a week ago since he knew he was going climbing. I admit I did suggest that he offer to reschedule his client and that offended him and I also suggested that he was looking for an excuse to bale. I thought he was going to bale since he waited so long to contact me and knowing that even if he could reschedule it would be to late for him to come. 3. Now fast forward to last night, when he blamed me for not handling the situation correctly and sending the 7 emails in one day. I just wanted to go off on him and set the record straight via email- but I was advised against that course of action. Instead I just sent a short email saying sorry for the miscommunication. Today when I worked out with him we didn't even discuss it. I wanted to so badly just to set the record straight. Even when I mention that his email was not working last week, he just brushed it off as if I was lying. Needless to say, I am still not happy with him and he didn't even offer to try climbing again. Frankly, if he decides to climb then he will be welcome but I will not offer again nor make other bets with him. Actually during our workout, he had me row again and I did not push to beat my last time- there was no incentive to beat it nor will there ever be again at least not with him present. Part of me wants to drop this trainer as well. But I am not sure if the gym has other trainers available, the other one I have seen has not really impressed me and she is older- maybe that would be a good thing. Based on my past history with 20's something trainers who use to a be a jock- they are the most egotistical people in the world and they think they are always right. They don't care about their clients or their feelings. I am not even sure if he realizes that I am angry with him.

After our workout, I went climbing at the gym and conquered all three wall tonight. It felt great to reach the top of all three walls tonight. I was able to put all my frustration with this trainer and situation to work for me on the wall. :bigsmile: I had been working on reaching the top of those walls again for the past couple of weeks so it was a great victory for me.:smokin: :smokin:

End of Rant and I do feel better. Thanks for letting me vent.

Lin- Happy 1 year anniversary. It has been great having you here.

Kaye- Congrats on reaching ONEderland- that is awesome and I am so proud of you. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Three cheers to your success.

Karen- Great job on the 8K, I am impressed with your time.
    Tlh- Great workout yesterday and for staying on track. We all need a day off once in a while.

Good night everyone. Hope you have a great week and a wonderful day tomorrow.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys--I'm still in crazy grading mode. AP test is this week, so I need to get a set of papers back to the kids tomorrow. I finished all but 6 (I think) and finished all of their journals as well.

Mostly caught up on posts:

@kaye--congrats on reaching Onederland! :flowerforyou:

@lin--happy MFP anniversary! :drinker:

@toots--sorry about your back. :grumble:

@laurie--your trainer sounds like such a tool! I don't think I could continue to give him my time or money--but I'm not a very forgiving person.

@everyone who sent kind words about my 8K--thanks so much!! I'm a bit sore today, but I think it's from gardening vs. running. :laugh:

@newlings--welcome!!

Sorry for those I've missed--I promise to be a better MFP in a couple of weeks. :blushing:

Monday Check-in:
    Hanging on my the skin of my teeth. Eating to much, but keeping it in check with the exercise.

I'm at 370 miles for the year. In Christianburg, VA in my Virtual TransAmerica Walk.

On Day 36 of the Hobbit trail--only 27 to go!

On Day 22 of LOTR trail climbing the steep trails of the Trollshaws.

Good night all!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - I agree with Karen that your trainer is a total *kitten*. I wonder, can you approach the woman trainer and ask about a session with her - just one to see if you would get along with her and her style - to help you decide if you want to drop him? It would be nice to explore your options at your gym, And, I would bring up rock climbing in a conversation with him, I'd call him out on it and call him chicken in a really friendly teasing way, so he can't think you're mad at him at all, but I'd keep it up every opportunity I had, with a smile like the cat that swallowed the canary. :wink:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Laurie--What a loser! I don't get along very well with people who think that they are more important than everyone else. And to blame you! What nerve.
    Today was a pretty good day. Still trying to help Anya adjust to her mother's schedule. I got in some more baby walking. Just a week until I see the dr about my knee. I keep wishing that it would miraculously get better, but it isn't happening.
    Karen--Hang on! School is almost over.
    Have a good night. Kaye
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Monday check in- I feel a bit sore from my walk on Sat. but I think I need new shoes... no, I KNOW I need new shoes.... and new insoles!!!!:grumble:

Laurie, you need a trainer who can really be in your corner... and this one sounds like he can't. Find someone who CAN!!!
    Kaye, hope that knee gets better SOON!!!
    Skinny, you can't be everything to everyone!!! Focus on what is most important right now (and yes, your health is one of those) and let the rest slide till later!!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Karen~You’re in the home stretch, just a few more weeks!:wink:
    @Laurie~Your trainer sounds like a real piece of work, :grumble: I’d dump him. I can’t stand to train with ex-jock 20-something’s either (been there done that) – their priorities just aren’t there. My trainer is a former physical therapist and we’re the same age, I think it’s one of the reasons we hit it off. I know you're hesitant dump your current trainer because there aren’t many options, maybe talk to the older female trainer and see what ideas she has and what she may be able to offer you.
    @Kris~Awesome about the challenge, proud of you for entering. Monetary prizes are always a great motivator! :tongue:
    @Beth & Alison~I think you both are way ahead of me on steps with Fitbit - I forgot to wear it 3-days last week! :noway:

Tuesday Goals~Just to get through the week without going crazy! So much to do in such little time. I did get in a great workout on the arc trainer yesterday, got to release some stress!

I return to the doc this morning for follow-up on my Achilles, no idea what the next steps will be...
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    kaye -- great news! Hopefully it won't be long until I join you!

Helena -- how dare a nurse talk to your mom over the phone about it possibly being terminal when the results aren't even in yet! I consider that unethical...

I had a pretty good weekend, got a lot done around the house, though I didn't get other things done that are probably more important. I'm great at "productive procrastination" -- doing something that needs to be done in order to avoid something else that it more important, but I don't want to do :) But it was a LOT of going up and down steps (carrying things to the first floor from the attic, which is basically the 3rd floor).

I do, unfortunately, have an ear infection, though. Yesterday my balance was wanky and I had to hold on to the wall when stood up! Today, it still hurts, but the dizziness is gone, so hopefully I'm on a quick track to mending! I did go to the doctor, so hopefully meds are helping.

I have so much to do that I don't even know how to get started, so I'm haning out here with you all getting nothing done! Ever have a day like that? :)