Pizza is not a "bad" food.

Options

Replies

• VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    There is one thing worse than cherry cough syrup, only one... And that is paper cuts
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of the worst "Foods" out there. It is just a source of simple carbs, with very few micro-nutrients, high in calories and high in grease.

Eat and Apple, then eat Pizza and tell me the difference. An apple makes you feel energetic and ready to go. Pizza makes you feel the same way as if you ate a big mac.

You can't argue that Pizza is not healthy. That is just ignorant.

Isn't this ironic? Don't you think?
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It depends on how it's made and with what.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Jersey. Domino's isn't real pizza. Local places or homemade is what I'm referring to.
    [/quote]

PREACH... :drinker: :drinker: I'm a New Yorker... Lived in Jersey as well... A PIE, any other place I have been to is in NO COMPARISON...
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of the worst "Foods" out there. It is just a source of simple carbs, with very few micro-nutrients, high in calories and high in grease.

Eat and Apple, then eat Pizza and tell me the difference. An apple makes you feel energetic and ready to go. Pizza makes you feel the same way as if you ate a big mac.

Isn't this ironic? Don't you think?
    A little too ironic. And yeah, I really do think.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

LOLLLLLLlllll.. Everybody dies.. Fact :)
    Why not have pizza 'til that happens hehe

BRB looking for a Livestrong.com article to back up that statement....:bigsmile:
  • baconjohan
    baconjohan Posts: 8
    Options
    I eat around 1300 calories worth of pizza pretty much every Friday. I still get enough protein and remain at a caloric deficit. I am still decreasing my BF. IIFYM.
    True words dude! samé for me!
  • fluffynut4
    fluffynut4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We use Lebanese bread as our pizza crust, then we add tons of veges and take care with which sauce we use, We often use our own home made sauce purely from tomatoes, and we add the smallest amount of cheese. we grill it under the griller not in the oven and dont use any oils, they are delish and we often share one between two ppl...

F...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

When I eat pizza, I feel energetic and ready to go.

But that's also true for when I eat a big mac.

Now if I eat *too much* pizza or *too many* big macs, then yeah, not so much...

...but that's true if I eat *too many* apples. In fact, it's worse. Have you ever eaten too many apples? I have.

ETA: And given that you're trying to add 20 pounds, not only would I say that pizza is an acceptable food to help you accomplish your goal, but also would say that it is probably an *ideal* food. As a young guy eating at a calorie surplus, you have all kinds of room in your daily calories to easily hit your minimum macros, your micros, and still enjoy pizza...frequently.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For some one like me that perfers either tomato basil and mozz or a pizza with tons of veggies no meat,it isn;t an issue but for my fiance who wants lots of greasy meats it is an issue.
  • IHeart90s
    IHeart90s Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do it at home with diet pita bread, homemade tomato sauce, mozarella cheese and veggies. Craving satisfied minus the greasiness and 5000 calories, LOL!
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Is it still pizza if I just eat all the toppings and throw the bread part away? It's so hard to find a place with crust that I actually like. Since I'm lazy, I'm not about to make my own pizza dough.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pizza is horrible for you with its double whammy of Carbs + Fats at the same time. The reason you eat so many slices and get hungry soon and end up binge eating. Throws your insulin into complete wacko.

How many people do you actually see eating 1 - 2 slices.

I haven't touched pizza since last year. Probably one of the WORST foods you can eat while cutting. Period.

LOLWUT?! I'm cutting and I eat pizza. Your arguement is invalid. Nothing wrong with carbs or fat, let alone at the same time. Broscience much?
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    No. You're a *kitten* for trying to single me out and make me feel bad in which you accomplished. My weight loss journey has been a very bumpy road, and I'm starting to learn that restricting certain foods out of my diet is what made me gain all of the weight back in the first place.

Look, It is your initial attitude and approach what makes not want to sugarcoat it. I'm not really trying to make you feel bad, but in order to achieve great results, sometimes you need to make sacrifices. I always love how people here support eating junk food, pizza, etc. Yes, they can eat whatever they want, but if you really want to achieve your weight loss goals, fast and healthy, use the internet, search for tips from the pros, those who compete, those who live dedicated to fitness 100% because it is their job, etc, because from them you will learn the most. Their bodies speak for themselves.

All I'm trying to say is, whether pizza is bad or not, is not the best food for you to be eating unless you don't mind slowing down your weight loss progress.

Sorry but I'm going to disagree with you here. First off, not everyone who is on this site has the goal of becoming a "bodybuilder". In order to achieve great results you do have to make some sacrifices like not going back to get 2nd's or 3rd's, not eating candy all day and 100 oz of Coca cola everyday etc....but that does not mean you need to not eat the foods you love in order to get great results. It's about moderation, caloric deficit, targeting macro/micronutrients and training hard. I eat 2 slices of pizza, real pizza, NY pizza, not that crap dominos or pizza hut and I had no trouble achieving great results. I eat 2 slices, not the whole pie. Not once has my weight/fat loss stalled. I'm getting ready to approach getting into single digit bf% and should be there by my June 16th Mexico trip and I have not given up pizza or tacos, why?. Because it's my favorite food so why deprive myself. I simply adjust my day accordingly and keep it moving. Want to know how many times I have binged since logging, not once, because I don't deprive myself of anything I want. Have fun eating your bro meals in because it's the only way to achieve true results. I'll be the guy sitting at the pizza shop on Sunday after leaving the weight room.
    Pizza is horrible for you with its double whammy of Carbs + Fats at the same time. The reason you eat so many slices and get hungry soon and end up binge eating. Throws your insulin into complete wacko.

I haven't touched pizza since last year. Probably one of the WORST foods you can eat while cutting. Period.

Your statement is just so wrong and dumb it doesn't warrant much of a response. Go read a book, do some research.
    And I'm one of those people you actually see eating 2 slices. FYI.....carbs and fats aren't evil.

If you really think eating simple carbs and fat at the same time is good for you, you need to get your head examined bud.

I never said carbs and fat are evil (considering 60% of my diet is fat). Eating at the same time however, yep. And bull**** on your work hard you can eat whatever you like. Some people don't have a TDEE over 2500. Anyone who says they can cheat, usually falls into that range. Its hard as hell when your @ 1800 a day, so don't spread your false hope to others on this board, particularly females who have a much lower TDEE then guys.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

LOLWUT?! I'm cutting and I eat pizza. Your arguement is invalid. Nothing wrong with carbs or fat, let alone at the same time. Broscience much?
  • magerum
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Pretty sure someone shouldn't be eating an entire medium pizza themselves, anyhow.

You'd be wrong. Medium pizza doesn't even really fill me up.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...

Don't eat the whole pizza...it is fine if you have a slice or 2-3
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    nice!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    Pizza is my secret weapon!! eat the whole thangggg
  • magerum
    Options
    Pizza is unhealthy. The crust is what makes it unhealthy because it is loaded with carbs.

No.