'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "Big" girls do it best. It's truly their loss and they don't know what they're missing. I bet after an hour with me they'd "date" "big" girls ;)

always one !!!!!

and you shot yourself in the foot already be them big or thin.....!

Obviously not everyone reading this thread isn't "big", so you are saying that because a gal is "big" they are better than one that is not. I am not big, never have been, but I sure the hell would never go around a thread on MFP saying anything like "thin girls" do X better. F that. The whole point of the original posters statement was that it was rude the way the man said it. Now you are going there.

I was just trying to lighten the mood, and speak up for my fellow "big" girls. And I personally don't even think him saying that he didn't like "big" girls was rude. But you might be considered a "big" girl in some man's eye, as everyone has a different definition of BIG.

Good grief, lady. She was making a joke. You know, like haha funny ha ha?

OP wasn't suggesting that personal preference in the sense of physical attraction is bad or mean, all the poor girl was saying is that his comment was crude and unnecessary. Note she said "who says that anymore"
    She never said "ugh omg who doesn't date big girls that is so wrong!"

She was discussing that what he SAID was wrong, not his dislike of bigger women. I'm taken, but if a 'fat' man asked me out or came onto me, unfortunately I would likely decline because physically I don't like my men with a lot of extra weight. Would I say No, you're fat and disgusting and probably smell bad-in your dreams. No. I would not. THAT is what OP was talking about.

And the 'big' girl who's good in the sack has a good point. Some guys think a 130lb woman is fat, and some guys I'm sure think 250lbs isn't that big. Obese is medically defined as a certain number, but 'big' is personal opinion and not truly weight-related. You can be 115lbs but if all 115lbs is in your midsection, then you can be 'big' to some people.

Point is, have your preference-but you don't have to be a d*** about it nor call stereotypes like you're fat so you smell. If the content of this was someone saying I won't date you because you're black so you have dry, ashy skin and I like a woman with soft skin you all would fly off the handle and have a fit. "Not all black people have bad skin, wtf is wrong with you."
    BUT, because it has to do with dating "fat people" and because all fat people are stinky, it's "oh everyone has preferences but they can't help it."

There are plenty of stinky, lazy thin people, and I bet the guy in OP's post would give them a chance before a well-bathed, beautiful-faced big girl-and that's unfortunate. In my opinion, if you truly deeply love someone- that IS attraction- and you would be more than happy to physically express that to them.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think if you are basing any major part of your mate selection on something as fleeting as physical attraction you are already dooming yourself to an unhappy relationship. Physical attraction should be a nice to have not a deal breaker.

This makes me sad to see people think this way. Physical attraction doesn't have to be the biggest part of a mate selection, and compatibility on other levels is very important too, but if you're committing to be with that person (and no other person) for the long term, then physical attracttion is and will continue to be VERY important. I could care less about the age, weight or looks of the people I'm friends with, as long as I like spending time with them, but when it comes to the person I sleep with....its pretty imporant to actually be attracted to them...:ohwell:

^ This. I'd prefer to be strongly attracted to my "mate" and I very much am. Oh well, life is hard for the husbands of hotties . . .
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

I understand preferences, but I hate generalizing people. Not all big girls are "gross" . really it probably only a small percentage of them who either gave up or just were raised that way. But it extends through all weight categories and races, so it irritates me to hear this like that.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm married now but I wouldn't date "skinny guys"... does that make me a crapbag or just a person with personal preferences? Mmmmm chubby guys.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Um... I'm married now but I wouldn't date "skinny guys"... does that make me a crapbag or just a person with personal preferences? Mmmmm chubby guys.

u mirin?
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    Meat is for a man, bone is for the dog

Nuff said :) now lets all go rock it :happy:

Ah, this one again. Cool. So it's not ok to fat shame, but totally ok to skinny shame? Got it.

Anyway, I don't date "big" guys, I just don't find big dudes (be that overweight or huge and muscley) attractive, so I guess I'm a douche, too.

IT'S NOT THAT YOU WON'T DATE A CERTAIN GROUP OR HAVE PREFERENCES, PEOPLE

This is about what was SAID and the stereotyping involved.
    She didn't say 'he won't date girls that are big because they're big', he said he won't date big girls because they're stinky, nasty, lazy, and gross.

No one is telling anyone that they can't have their preferences!!

I don't understand why this forum and OP is so difficult to understand!
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    People who date just for features in my opinion are looking at it from the sexual aspect. Ive never really been attracted to muscle bound and I suppose if I were out having sex for sport I would be but im not interested in the phystical as much their education morality and heart... with all that being said though I seem to be attracted to men with huge shoulders.
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    People who date just for features in my opinion are looking at it from the sexual aspect. Ive never really been attracted to muscle bound and I suppose if I were out having sex for sport I would be but im not interested in the phystical as much their education morality and heart... with all that being said though I seem to be attracted to men with huge shoulders.

HAHAHAHA HAHA lmao I'm friending you lol
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    maybe it just boils down to you have to rule out some action and compromise too much and theres not much chance of this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6iaTHpDMt4
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've always been attracted to tall, dark and handsome but the guy who I'm into has sandy blond hair and is my same height. The heart wants what the heart wants.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have been skinny for like maybe 1-1.5 years of my life and thats when i had a bunch of guys who liked me. when i gained weight again, they all seemed to have disappeared. they were all my "friends" or so they said but i haven't seen them since i gained weight.

i have 2 guys right now who like me, and have liked me when i was skinny, and at my heaviest. you best believe when i lose my weight and get more comfortable with myself that i'll be taking either(or both) of those boys out on dates. they are the two who deserve me at my best.

as for boys who won't date fatter chicks. i was persuing this boy who seemed to really like me. we went on a few dates, had a few kisses. then we got a little tispy one night and he told me i need to lose weight. that i would be his "perfect dream girl" if i lost weight. i dumped him right then and there and he seemed like he was going to cry. i know once i lose my weight he'll come running back. but he will definitely NOT be getting any of THIS. :laugh:

be with people who you know will love you through whatever.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options

Ah, this one again. Cool. So it's not ok to fat shame, but totally ok to skinny shame? Got it.

Anyway, I don't date "big" guys, I just don't find big dudes (be that overweight or huge and muscley) attractive, so I guess I'm a douche, too.

She didn't say 'he won't date girls that are big because they're big', he said he won't date big girls because they're stinky, nasty, lazy, and gross.

Actually, the OP did not say that the dude called her those names. From the post, it appears that she is assuming that is why he will not date big girls. Now, with that being said, I do think that a simple "not interested" would have been sufficient and the big girl comment was rude and unnecessary.

However, that "meat is for the man" bulls**t is just plain offensive, as are these other phrases -

Real Women have curves
    Real Women have muscles
    fat b*%ch
    skinny b*&ch
    Big girls do it better
    That girl could skip a meal
    That girl needs to eat a cheese burger

Everyone of these phrases excludes one group while trying to make another group feel superior.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    No. Only men are jerks for basing their dating preferences on physical characteristics. Obviously.
  • chanel1twenty
    Options

Actually, the OP did not say that the dude called her those names. From the post, it appears that she is assuming that is why he will not date big girls. Now, with that being said, I do think that a simple "not interested" would have been sufficient and the big girl comment was rude and unnecessary.

However, that "meat is for the man" bulls**t is just plain offensive, as are these other phrases -

Real Women have curves
    Real Women have muscles
    fat b*%ch
    skinny b*&ch
    Big girls do it better
    That girl could skip a meal
    That girl needs to eat a cheese burger

Everyone of these phrases excludes one group while trying to make another group feel superior.

I didn't say she said she got called these things, and you, me, and everybody else can make those sorts of assumptions til we're blue in the face. As for my assumption, I highly doubt she just pulled those reasons out of her butt.
    She wouldn't have said them or gotten this heated about it if he didn't say, or at least imply, them.

Yes. Everything is offensive when you don't have a sense of humor or are overly sensitive. The only people I've ever heard referred to as "skinny b*tch" are skinny women getting called that by...themselves. Hell, skinny b*tch is more of a compliment than anything.

Weight is a major issue and obsession in our culture. Don't take comments about it seriously, if you're bothered by those sayings, cry me a river. Those sorts of sayings, especially for fat chicks (that girl needs to eat something, big girls do it better, etc), are made for empowerment. Fat people-correction: fat WOMEN- are the most looked-down-upon people in this society. They've taken phrases offensive to them and made them their own.

Take the ****e with a grain of salt and turn your cheek if you don't like it. It's really not a big deal.
  • chanel1twenty
    Options
    Meat is for the man, bone is for the dog is one thing and one thing only.

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.
  • Naomi81378
    Naomi81378 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    If men dont want to date big girls that is fine, but they dont' have to say to a girl. The big girl comment is rude and unnecessary.
    I am not no size 0 or a size 16 either. But if a men told me that I would be hurt and pissed at the same time. A Great personality makes you beautiful and makes you who you are..
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Funny. A play on words. At least appreciate it for what it's meant to be-A JOKE- if you still insist on being offended and butt hurt by it.

u jelly?
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me once that he wouldn't date me because of my size but was happy to have sex. Was I hurt or upset? No. It's a reflection on him not me. He seemed genuinely shocked when I told him him I had plenty of offers that included both dating and sex. :D

That said everyone has a preference. It might be very limited such as leggy red heads or vast like a pulse but when all is said and done we have a preference. And if we choice to be a jerk in how we convey that then we might just have limited our dating pool including the ones we would date because they don't date jerks.

I have a preference and I don't see why I should feel I have to date anyone that doesn't fit it. I really don't need everyone to be attracted to me when it's all said and done. For men I could care less what they look like but I like them smart and tech savvy. For women I like them busty and soft around the edges add in smarts and tech and I'm a goner. If a guy only wants to date a women who into fitness why shouldn't he? He doesn't like big girls? That's fine someone else will.

And "Meat is for a man, bone is for the dog" is offensive to both women and men. It implies that a man who likes slender women isn't a man and is offensive to all women period.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Tell us again exactly how that is funny......