Replies

• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    a0ectumblr_inline_mkr7exBfuf1qz4rgp.gif
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

This is not about your opinion, it's how you're slandering women BECAUSE of your opinion. You can have it and still be decent to people.

No. Not women. Certain women. This is not a gender issue, as I have mentioned men aswell. I have not been indecent to anyone, I have just said what I personally do not like about certain things. As have you. When can you accept that everyone can have an opinion and not just you?

lol okay so according to you SOME women deserve your insults

@obeseandsassy
    I thought so too, like, how?!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

@obeseandsassy

You're allowed to insult people when you see fit, though, as we have seen here.

Yeah, I am a troll. Good on you for finding me out.

This thread is a joke, I'm not surprised these forums have a bad name.
  • hauntao
    Options

@obeseandsassy

I only called you ignorant to this subject, which means you don't know about it or understand it.

You're not a troll, you're just so clueless to the feminist issues surrounding sexuality that you don't even know what you're saying.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

@obeseandsassy

:yawn:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Just to clarify on my past comments, I feel the same way about men as I do about women acting like *kitten*. It applies to both sexes. This thread is specifically talking about women, which is why I highlighted that.

The fact that I come onto a thread to give my opinion and end with being called ugly, need to get laid etc by people that are saying they don't judge is funny, though. I give up commenting on this site, you're like a clique of *****y hens that can't help but pick someone apart if they're not like you. You are acting exactly like what you claim to hate.

Promises, promises.

:laugh:
  • berserker18
    Options
    I agree with emmalouc93 100% :)
  • berserker18
    Options
    Uh, did I say it's solely about women sleeping around? No, I said it has a lot to do with women's sexuality.

You're absolutely ridiculous when you attempt to argue. I'm not twisting ****, lady. You are.

If you say so, but I'm pretty sure the majority of sane women in this world didn't see women putting their lives on the line for us to have a better life as a reason to sleep with as many men as possible.

I can't even do anything but laugh at this.

Laugh as much as you want. You're only making yourself look bad by replying with stupid comments about how everyone else is wrong, but you must be ultimately right. Grow up.

Pretty sure I'm not. This is not about being right or wrong. This is about you treating women who choose to sleep with a lot of people like they are inferior because of their decisions. You may not agree with their habits, which I think is fine, but you can't just slander women for choosing to have an opinion and behaviors that YOU don't agree with.

You have to be the biggest hypocrite on this thread!! your giving out about slander but yet YOUR slandering Emma just because she has a different opinion to you , typical feminist attitude!!
  • hauntao
    Options
    Uh, did I say it's solely about women sleeping around? No, I said it has a lot to do with women's sexuality.

You're absolutely ridiculous when you attempt to argue. I'm not twisting ****, lady. You are.

If you say so, but I'm pretty sure the majority of sane women in this world didn't see women putting their lives on the line for us to have a better life as a reason to sleep with as many men as possible.

Laugh as much as you want. You're only making yourself look bad by replying with stupid comments about how everyone else is wrong, but you must be ultimately right. Grow up.

Pretty sure I'm not. This is not about being right or wrong. This is about you treating women who choose to sleep with a lot of people like they are inferior because of their decisions. You may not agree with their habits, which I think is fine, but you can't just slander women for choosing to have an opinion and behaviors that YOU don't agree with.

You have to be the biggest hypocrite on this thread!! your giving out about slander but yet YOUR slandering Emma just because she has a different opinion to you , typical feminist attitude!!

hahaha I'm slandering because I don't want her to treat promiscuous women like they are lesser beings? that's rich.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

hahaha I'm slandering because I don't want her to treat promiscuous women like they are lesser beings? that's rich.
    I love when people make their message board debuts just to defend a user who is usually saying something stupid...doesn't seem suspicious at all!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I completely disregarded /all/ the replies in this thread to point out that i personally shave my legs cos i got hypersensitive skin and any hair nowadays makes my legs rashy and all chaffed up.

I mean, am I attracting your sexual attencion yet guys? How sexy is that?! I look also as big assed leperchaun without heels, so wearing them isnt a "GET IN HERE BOYS" invitation but rather protecting myself from geting mugged for pot of gold.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Re: the OP's original comment - I think there is definitely some truth to what the comedienne said. Does it apply to ALL women at ALL times? No, of course not.

But for me personally, when I want to look good, I shave my legs and wear heels. :wink:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    And they call my topics divisive . . .

Maybe all women should never leave the house?

It seems that any time they do people are accusing them of wanting sexual attention.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqXupf6HsdIsLm3ctCvFukYnWTINyInppAwBdfdkbJb5_T4qb7mg

OP responded earlier and noted that how she interpreted the discussion (forgive me, can't remember the page to quote OP directly) was that women were trying to get sexual attention when they dressed a certain way.

How did this snowball from the topic of 'women dress for sexual attraction' to posts about rape and *kitten*?! It started out as a pretty good debate and has a resulted in some pretty nasty assumptions, mud-slinging and OPINION bashing. Between this and 1 other thread where the OP was slamming people who like to treat themselves ... it's pretty depressing.

I respect the OPs interpretation of the conversation. It's not how I would have interpreted it, but that's ok. Ruby Wax (for those who don't know) is actually a fully qualified psychologist. I'm sure there are psychologists out there that would disagree with some of her views, but much of psychology is primal behaviour.

Doesn't matter which way the wind blows - women, men, animals - all feel good when they are considered sexually attractive.

Doesn't matter which way the tide turns - no woman deserves to be called a *kitten* and no woman has ever asked nor deserved to be raped
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I normally just wear a sign with my hourly rate on it? Isn't that what y'all do?

I think that's just us. :laugh:

However, to be serious - women wear what they want for all different reasons, but for the ones that DO dress for attention... so what? Attention is fun! :drinker:
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    Ha I LOVE RUBY WAX. She's hilarious. But I do tend to agree with her about people wanting attention. I dress in certain clothes to feel good about myself and I LOVE getting complimented! I think it was slightly extreme and like you said about not having much information about what clothes she was referring to makes it difficult to pass too detailed a comment on but I know that I personally dress to look good (unless I'm working out).
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want...but don't get pissy when you get hit on if it is sexy and appealing to the opposite sex. If it looks like you are "flaunting what you have", we're probably gonna want to see if you want more!

How about women can wear whatever the hell they like and it doesn't mean you or any other man is entitled to claim us.

It is not your god given right to 'hit on' women, and frankly it sounds like the kind of mentality that rape victim blamers have: 'she was dressed this way...she was asking for it'.

NO
    IAWTC!!!

Ok, look and make your comments but I also reserve my right to kick you in the nuts for being a sexist pig.
  • peachfigs
    Options
    The funniest thing from all of this is, I said I hate women who are *kitten*. Never said it directly to anyone of you.

Yet you all jump in to defend yourselves from being one??

Wow. That's all I will say.

Maybe you mistook our pride with defence.

tumblr_mkja5t7ALl1qclui7o1_250.gif
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I have just watched an episode of Q and A (Australian panel show addressing current affairs).

One of the panellists, a comedienne called Ruby Wax, just suggested that women who wear certain clothing are inviting sexual attention. That their purpose is to attract sexual attention. The clothing was not specified, but she mentioned shaving one's legs and wearing high heels.

This is in sharp contradiction to my own attitude, where women wear what they want and nothing should be read into it, sexual or otherwise.

I'm not sure who Ruby Wax is, but she sounds a bit, um,

I love her!

I agree that school age girls and those in their 20s wear revealing clothes for the attention, not that they are asking for sex, excluding those on holiday in places like Ibiza lol.
  • peachfigs
    Options
    I love her!

I agree that school age girls and those in their 20s wear revealing clothes for the attention, not that they are asking for sex, excluding those on holiday in places like Ibiza lol.

Marineland.jpg

This family on holiday in Ibiza are just asking for sex.