Replies

• shlittle23
    shlittle23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 6 tomorrow!
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi, everyone, I'm new to this thread. Today was week 5 day 1..again. :) Im fearing day 2 and 3, and im also trying to run 5 days a week so im doing some days twice. I like the 5 min runs, but am afraid of the 8 minutes, and terrified of the straight 20. Anyone else do days repeatedly to feel more confident moving on?:wink:
    . I am also on week 5. I finished day 2 with the 2 8 minute runs. I was also doubting myself, but it went real smoothly and could not believe I did it! You can too! I do my running on M, W, and F. I do Jillian Michaels on the other days to strengthen my core so I can run more comfortably. Good luck to you!

I agree. I was afraid of the 8 minute runs, but I did them last night and they were easier than I thought they would be.
  • verbee4
    verbee4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm due to start Day 1 of Week 2 after work today. I'm trying to alternate C25K with the 30 Day Shred and also some casual games of tennis (mostly for light entertainment). The weather has sure helped to be positive about it! In the past I've struggled to keep a routine up and often fall back into old ways. But fingers crossed I stick this attempt out!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I had to go back to week 3 for a couple days because I started lifting, and my legs couldn't take it; but I did week 4 day 1 last night with no extra walking. Week 4 is as far as I got when I did it last year before I got off track and stopped running, so I'm looking forward to doing better this time (and not giving up).

I was telling my boyfriend about it this morning because I was proud of myself for running 5 minutes straight, and he just said, "That's nothing! In the Air Force we had to run miles on end without slowing down or we'd get in trouble." Well thanks for undermining my achievement. :frown: I said, "Well thanks for telling me I suck. I was proud of myself." He has trouble communicating. :ohwell:
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am loving it so far. I am doing it on top of doing Stronglifts 5x5 and Jillian Michaels 30DS. I haven't had issues yet, sometimes I can run faster than other days, but I am loving it all around. Yesterday (while doing the program) I was able to do a 5K in 40 minutes which isn't bad for my 315 body I think.

I am on week 3 day 2 officially (although I do it 5 days per week right now).
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Completed W5D3 yesterday, 20 minutes of straight running! Have seriously never done that in my whole life. :happy:
  • Marthaylo
    Marthaylo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm so excited to get through the program and really run. I've never been a runner. Even as a kid I don't remember running a minute straight. Anyway I was supposed to start week 3 today but when I saw run for 2 minutes I decided to do week 2 again. The 90 second runs are possible but I'm barely making those. Congrats to all of you hi are running longer. I can't wait to catch with y'all! I was wondering if any of y'all are having any hip pain? My hips have been killing me.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Stupid rain! It kept me inside yesterday, and I thought I might have a long enough break this evening to get out for an hour, but I only made 20 minutes in the drizzle before it started coming down harder and drove me back in. My GPS quit working at .3 miles, which is a bummer since I really pushed myself and wanted to know my speed. I know it was good because of the calorie burn on my HRM. I don't usually run two days in a row, but I think I'll try again tomorrow if the weather cooperates since my run was so short today. Even though C25K is half an hour, I generally stay out for a total of 60 minutes.
  • ashleykawalek
    ashleykawalek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Doing W2D1 when I get off Ina few hours and I am nervous to go to the next level! So thankful I found this thread for some motivation though :)
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Happy National Running Day C25kers! Today I celebrated by doing W6D3! 5 minute warmup walk followed by a 22 minute jog. For those of you on weeks 2 or 3...keep going! I was huffing and puffing during the 3 minute jogs too and dreaded going up to 5 and then 8, but now I run 8-10 minutes pretty easily and I've run over 20 minutes without stopping twice! The program works! I've noticed that breathing gets better when I focus on even ratio (inhale for 2-4 steps, exhale for 2-4 steps) abdominal breathing (making sure the air goes into the tummy and not the chest...even if this means I have to be a mouth breather!) Congratulations on making it this far my friends!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    First time poster on MFP. My husband and I are doing this together each pushing a jogger. We did Week 4 Day 2 today. The last five minutes he was so far ahead, but I did not stop and I am happy about that. I go back and forth on repeating a day of this week or moving on since I can jog the entire time (but it is slow). Week 5 day 1 almost looks easier to me with the three minute breaks. Every week I think to myself I cannot see doing the times on the next week, but I am excited to complete this program.
  • lucylou1480
    Options
    Well i Did week 5 day 2 Tuesday night, and it went great. I did it! I'm going to do it again tonight, then maybe i will think about doing day 3 Saturday or I might do wk5 day 2 a third time...now the 20 minutes straight really scares me lol!
  • lucylou1480
    Options
    Good job! That's the next step for me...and i'm scared lol.
  • dlmaylor
    dlmaylor Posts: 25
    Options
    I am on a
    W4D2 and it was something lol but I can feel my body changing bc a month ago I couldn't get one minute in without feeling chest pains so its good
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 3 and boy did I feel the longer run intervals, but it is getting easier and I am finding that by following exactly what it tells you to do the program really works!!!!
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Help me! I am stuck on week 4.

I have tried three times and I can not complete week 4. My mind and body give up every time with 2:30 left in the last run. Same place every time (I always finish it out walking...but not running). I don't want to give up, but I feel like I need something to get me over this hump. I don't want to move on to week 5 until I am confident I can do week 4.

Anyone else get stuck?
  • lucillecitera
    Options
    I just finished week 1 day 3 and just realized
    There are only 3 days to a week .... I easily
    Did 3 days in a row thinking you actually ran
    7 days !!! Can I double the program and run
    6 days a week ?
  • aimeekrn
    aimeekrn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! I am too! Almost done with week 5! :bigsmile: . Adding some intervals now too. Its been awesome! We should all be proud of ourselves no matter where we are stuck or how fast we are breezing through it. My daughter (15) and I have agreed to do the RunDisney Tinkerbell 5K in January. Does everyone have an event they are working toward?
  • aimeekrn
    aimeekrn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6 days a week ?

In the beginning I was running each workout twice in a row, 4 days a week. Today was run 8/walk 5/ run 8 which was a little tougher so I did some intervals instead of running it a second time. I think if you are being safe theres nothing really wrong with doing it twice, but it does get harder as you go. Make sure you are taking your rest days. I didnt do that right and ended up with a really sore *kitten* cheek for a week. Everyone is at different levels of fitness, even starting out. I think its really important to not compare yourself to anyone else and listen to your body. Be careful!! :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    6 days a week ?
    You can, but it's not recommended. You could end up burning out or hurting yourself. Rest days are as important as run days. If you don't want to do nothing on the rest days, you can still work out, but make sure it's a low impact workout like cycling or swimming.