Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Karen~Your relationship with AT&T sounds like mine with DirecTV. I had that installed when I bought my house – disaster! The dish never stayed on the roof, it spent more time in the driveway than on my roof – they never did get it right, I think they were at my house weekly for about 6 months when I told them to forget it. Then I switched to TWC, unreliable internet connection caused me to cancel with them too. AT&T is better, but it does have its issues now and again. New DVR arrives tomorrow – we’ll see. The DVR is getting a signal, it’s a problem between the DVR and the TV I think, so it if still doesn’t work I’ll try a new HDMI cable – if it still doesn’t work I guess they’ll be coming back out.

@Mel~Good to “see” you.
    @Robin~You are doing awesome with those squats.

Monday Check-In~Good weekend for the most part, busy as usual though. Between work and working on a business plan for a side business, I’m left with little downtime. One of these days a weekend will feel like a weekend. Just a 3-day work week next week to look forward to, though. :smile:

Activity this week:

Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Rest Day
    Tuesday~Gym
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Gym
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Gym

Have a great day!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Well we finally made it back from Wyoming. My son graduated and we hit the road immediatley following the ceremony. It is good to have him back home. I have let things somewhat slide the last couple of weeks with having the husband home and the trip to get my son. Didn't do any major damage only gained a pound but time to get back on track before all these lovely habits I built up start to deteriorate. I will be heading to the gym later this morning and while I am there my son is going to go around and start handing out some resumes. He is hoping to get on at the naval shipyard in our town but the hiring process there can take months so he has to find some other kind of job to fill in. I started to read some of the posts to catch up with you all but you guys have been busy. There are pages and pages since I was last on:laugh: Hopefully you are all doing well and I look forward to catching up with everyone over the next few days. Have a great day everyone and dont forget your water:drinker: :drinker: :heart:
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well apparently, the Fitbit will not track your sleep if you lose it in your bed in the middle of the night! The first night that I had my Fitbit, I awoke 7 times and slept 5 hours and 43 minutes. The second night, who knows? I found it in my bed stuck to the underside of the bed cover! Several years ago, I was diagnosed with Periodic Leg Movement Disorder and take medication for it, but apparently, I still have a fitful night's sleep! I DID get in 10,000 steps yesterday! \o/

Kudos to all of you moving more and eating less! I'm not doing so well in the eating department but trying to move more.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to this site but i need to lose over 100lbs. I seen that this months goal is to try a new activity. One that we have found and enjoy as a family is geocaching. Anyone interested can go to the website geocaching.com and get all the info. It's a scavenger/treasure hunt :). We try to walk to the locations that are within a few kilometres of us.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Toots: I just put my foot down and said that my husband couldn't have as much wardrobe space as me. He was grumpy about it! The funny thing is that now I've sorted all my stuff out everything fits easily. I'm trying to get him to throw out all the things he doesn't wear as well.

i always try to get him to get rid of stuff and somehow he just feels like he needs it all. the thing is he's been the same size for years. like 13. so he has over a decade worth of clothing. and he wears the same dozen or so things over and over again. like the rest of it doesn't even exist. but he's still GOT to have that other stuff. i just wish he'd chose some to get rid of.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all.
    @Toots: I just put my foot down and said that my husband couldn't have as much wardrobe space as me. He was grumpy about it! The funny thing is that now I've sorted all my stuff out everything fits easily. I'm trying to get him to throw out all the things he doesn't wear as well.

i always try to get him to get rid of stuff and somehow he just feels like he needs it all. the thing is he's been the same size for years. like 13. so he has over a decade worth of clothing. and he wears the same dozen or so things over and over again. like the rest of it doesn't even exist. but he's still GOT to have that other stuff. i just wish he'd chose some to get rid of.

I have been told by Amy that I have too many old clothes in our closet. I hate to throw out stuff. I have had stuff I really liked thrown away by her and it makes me sad to remember that F1 race in Phoenix I went to and bought a t-shirt. That shirt is gone, yes it was old and a little worn but it was proof I was there.:sad: I have some good quality woolrich and Pendleton shirts that are supper warm. Amy says now that we live in the desert I do not need them (and some are pretty big for me now) but I do need them maybe only a couple of times a year. I can layer some other stuff under them when in Jackson Hole or in the mountains or at her brothers in CO. Now there definitely are some things in there that I am never going to wear (some of my Mom’s birthday gifts will never see the light of day but they were gifts from my Mom).:blushing: I will go home and get rid of a bunch which will make Amy very happy.

I have been trying to be good about snacking but there is a hockey game tonight so it probably will not be good. That maybe the last game of the season (I’m hoping for two Boston wins, but I know Skinnyjb wants it to end tonight).:laugh: I need to stop the mindless snacking during TV viewing. I need to find a substitute like sugar free gum maybe.

I will be going on vacation in July and would like to lose 5lbs. by then, but I’ll feel lucky if I make it back with only a 5-10lbs gain and a nice low even blood sugar level.

Quote of the day: - “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar

Tom
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all.

I have been told by Amy that I have too many old clothes in our closet. I hate to throw out stuff. I have had stuff I really liked thrown away by her and it makes me sad to remember that F1 race in Phoenix I went to and bought a t-shirt. That shirt is gone, yes it was old and a little worn but it was proof I was there.:sad: I have some good quality woolrich and Pendleton shirts that are supper warm. Amy says now that we live in the desert I do not need them (and some are pretty big for me now) but I do need them maybe only a couple of times a year. I can layer some other stuff under them when in Jackson Hole or in the mountains or at her brothers in CO. Now there definitely are some things in there that I am never going to wear (some of my Mom’s birthday gifts will never see the light of day but they were gifts from my Mom).:blushing: I will go home and get rid of a bunch which will make Amy very happy.

i think that's it with him too. he's just emotionally attached to those clothes.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom & toots & alison--about the clothes "hoarding"--my DH keeps all of his clothes forever, but not b/c he's sentimental about them. He actually keeps the old clothes to wear back and forth to work. He's an auto tech, so he wears a uniform while working; however, he worries that he will get grease/oil on his good clothes just coming and going when not in uniform. I DO understand his reasoning, but it seems like he has way too many of these "work" clothes. I was just thinking I need to go through some of his stuff and sort it all out.

@tom--one thing I've learned from watching Hoarders is that the memory is in your mind, NOT in the object. I don't know if that helps you--it helps me when I need to let go of old stuff.

@mommarobb--welcome! that sounds like a fun activity. One of my dreams is to go to Arkansas and dig for diamonds at Diamond Crater State Park. Not exactly the same, but still has that "treasure hunt" component.

@cath--I also need to clean up my eating. I'm mostly coming under calories, but it's still too much junk. :ohwell:

@tammy--great job getting back to it before you lose those habits. That one lb will drop right off once you're back to your healthier ways.

@mel--welcome back! :flowerforyou:

@tina--Yes, level 2 is hard! Today was day 2 for me and I ended up modifying the squat thrusts and plankjacks. I can do them unmodified, but I feel like my form is terrible. I would rather do them the modified way with better form. Did you get that workout in when you got home?

@tracy--sounds like the reunion was a good time. Good luck balancing the travel and healthy habits--I know that can be a challenge, but you can do it!

Monday Check in:
    Well, I'm at 536.5 miles on my Virtual TransAmerica trail nearing Buchanan County, VA. How am I still in VA? At least it looks like I'm getting close to leaving that state.

I also visited my new gym for the 2nd time. I tried out some of the weight machines and did a few miles on the elliptical; then I came home and did 30DS. So far the gym still seems okay--I felt a bit more comfortable there today, but it's still a bit foreign. I know I'll get used to it the more I go. Next time I want to try this feature they have where you can pull up a "class" on the computer and a video instructor will take you through it. Classes at my last gym were pretty expensive so I never took them, but I always wanted to try a spin class. They have spin classes through this video library, so I'm going to do one this week.

Tonight, I'm staying home to watch the final (I hope!!) Stanley Cup game with my DH. As Tom said, I'm rooting for the Hawks to finish it tonight! :drinker:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run or gym NOT DONE but going dancing tonight instead
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Wed--walk gunner + swimming
    Thurs--walk gunner + run or gym + 30DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    An interesting and promising article for those who suffer from Fibromyalgia:

http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyalgia-mystery-finally-solved/
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to this site but i need to lose over 100lbs. I seen that this months goal is to try a new activity. One that we have found and enjoy as a family is geocaching. Anyone interested can go to the website geocaching.com and get all the info. It's a scavenger/treasure hunt :). We try to walk to the locations that are within a few kilometres of us.

My daugher LOVES geocaching! She and her friends do this ALL THE TIME! (She's 23.)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day for eating-simply because I did not bring a bunch of snack to curriculum writing today so there was not extra food around. I did get hungry this afternoon so will need to plan better for the rest of the week. I did bring almonds with me but it was not enough. Great workout with my trainer tonight spent most of it working on strength training.

Have a great week.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go Hawks!! What a crazy ending--Hawks scored 2 goals in 17 seconds to win the Cup!!! :drinker:

@tom--your Bruins played well, but I'm happy the Hawks pulled it out in the end. :smile:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Boho - I'm sorry your daughter is bucking like a bronco this summer under what's normal parenting. I support your efforts strongly :bigsmile:

tih - my thats a big family and that seems like a lot of water but with a hot day I'm sure you got dehydrated, but had a blast with your huge familly, wow! Your own childrens performances sound adorable.

Tina - I know you can do it - I KNOW you can ! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Melwillbe - good to see you again!

Kah - good luck with the new DVR!

jtconst - welcome back! Hope your son's job hunt goes well.

mommarobb- welcome and Cath Esh - geocaching sounds like fun, But do you have to climb trees? I'd need protective gear!

Laurie - sounds like a great workout. I did my first upper body strength workout last night an hour or so after I did my squats, I can really feel it today and making today a rest day! :happy:

skinny - glad you had a happy outcome to the game and it was an exciting one!

Well I started doing an upper body strength routine last night. It wasn't much, lifting 5 lb. weights in each hand, but its enough that I'm sore today. Taking a rest day

Exercise workouts:
    Sunday - 32 squats
    Mon - rest
    Tues - rest
    Weds - 64 squats
    Thurs - 80 squats
    Fri - rest
    Sat - rest ,
    Sun - 80 squats , upper body workout
    Mon - rest
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Robin & Skinny---I most definitely got my work out in yesterday after I got home from work! I told my husband to make sure I did it....I got home and before he could even say anything I was getting ready to get it done! And I did get up this morning and got it done as well!!! L2 D7 DONE!!! 3 more days on level 2!!

I think I might try Jillian Michaels kickboxing DVD next...not sure yet but I think that's what I'm going to do!

Yesterday wasn't a good day with food. I've been having bad days the last few days. Today I am logging everything and we went grocery shopping yesterday so got some healthier snacks. At least I am still focusing on the workouts. It will all fall into place.

I really really really want to try insanity or the new T25 that is coming out or came out. But I just don't know yet.
    Any suggestions?

Have a terrific Tuesday!
    Tina
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tina--Great job getting that workout done! Insanity looks really good, but I'm not familiar with T25. I honestly don't "love" doing workout videos at home, so I will probably finish 30DS and then stick with the gym and running outside.

@robin--yes, it was quite and exciting game and series in general. I'm really happy it's over b/c now my evenings aren't on "hold" anymore. That's awesome that you added an upper-body workout to your squat routine--keep going!! :drinker:

@laurie--those long curriculum meetings are a killer when it comes to food! It can be hard to balance bringing enough healthy stuff so you're not hungry with avoiding having too much to graze on throughout the day. :ohwell:

Tuesday Goals:
    I need to get to Ulta and by some hair products b/c I'm almost out of shampoo and hairspray. I think I will also make a list of any travel-sized products I might need for my trip and pick those up today as well.

Going to walk gunner and do 30DS before heading out to shop. :smile:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run or gym NOT DONE but going dancing tonight instead
    Tues--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • kah68
    Options
    @Tina~My gym recently started offering Insanity classes, they are pretty strict about the class from what I understand – can’t miss the warm up. I’ve run into a couple of ladies in the locker room and they said it was really intense – they were just pouring sweat!
    @Robin~Keep it going, you’re doing great!
    @Karen~Enjoy Ulta, love that store!

Our HR director is from Boston, so was hoping for a Bruins win – I didn’t tell her I was rooting for Chicago! :wink:

I was reading a Fitness Magazine article this morning and ran across this quiz, kind of interesting results – said my fitness personality is Crossfit. :laugh:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/quiz.jsp?catref=ftn23&quizId=/templatedata/fitness/quiz/data/1346089889860.xml
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah - interesting article. I came out as a Cross Trainer with an emphasis on weight training so very interesting as that's what I am currently most interested in.

Tina and Skinny - I am most impressed with your continued 30DS efforts. You go girlfriends!

I am quite depressed today due to a continuing skin problem I am having. I have very thin skin on my forearms that tears easily. (this is very much like old peoples skin in nursing homes. Its due to the prednisone I take) Well I tore off a patch of skin a week ago and had to bandage it, and last night as I was changing the band-aid, the band-aid adhesive actually ripped off more skin and left me bleeding profusely and now I have another big patch of skin missing and am afraid to cover it for fear more adhesive will tear more skin off. I'm even afraid to shower as its so raw. I am a hot mess. I am going to a friends house for dinner tonight and I need that shower so I am going to cover it with antiseptic and saran wrap the whole thing I guess.

I shouldn't let this get me down, but I am nevertheless. I look at my arm and I feel like a leper. It look awful.
  • jack_yve
    jack_yve Posts: 35
    Options
    Ugh...so:

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)
    "been off the track from my goals for over a month, I'm getting it back together this week."

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)
    "two miles walk daily using a pedometer"
    Here’s the JUNE CHALLENGE:

1. Lose 4 lbs. for the Month. Or,
    2. Try a new outdoor activity

4 lbs? uhm...1 lbs since I only have 5 days before the end of the month.
  • kah68
    Options
    Kah - interesting article. I came out as a Cross Trainer with an emphasis on weight training so very interesting as that's what I am currently most interested in.

Tina and Skinny - I am most impressed with your continued 30DS efforts. You go girlfriends!

I am quite depressed today due to a continuing skin problem I am having. I have very thin skin on my forearms that tears easily. (this is very much like old peoples skin in nursing homes. Its due to the prednisone I take) Well I tore off a patch of skin a week ago and had to bandage it, and last night as I was changing the band-aid, the band-aid adhesive actually ripped off more skin and left me bleeding profusely and now I have another big patch of skin missing and am afraid to cover it for fear more adhesive will tear more skin off. I'm even afraid to shower as its so raw. I am a hot mess. I am going to a friends house for dinner tonight and I need that shower so I am going to cover it with antiseptic and saran wrap the whole thing I guess.

I shouldn't let this get me down, but I am nevertheless. I look at my arm and I feel like a leper. It look awful.

@Robin~Do you have some gauze and some self-adhesive bandage wrap? If not maybe pick some up. You could cover the wounds on your arm with some gauze and then wrap that with some self-adhesive bandage wrap to hold it in place. . That will allow you to heal without compromising the skin around it since wrap bonds to itself not the skin - it comes in cool colors too, maybe that way you won't be self conscious about it. :wink:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley & robin--I took the quiz and also came up "Cross Fit." Then I took it again entering completely different answers and came up "Cross Fit" again. I'm pretty sure that quiz is just an advertisement for Cross Fit. :laugh: Funny thing is, I've thought of trying Cross Fit, but friends have warned me that it's kind of "cultish."

@robin--I was thinking the same thing as kelley as far as using gauze to wrap your arm. Sorry you are having such problems--that stinks. :grumble:

AFM--Finished the walk and 30DS; now I'm off to the store!

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS