What's a "normal" love life?

Options
So I've noticing this is a pretty open group, so I thought I'd ask for some feedback. I know married couples joke about not having sex, but seriously, what's normal? Weekly? Monthly? YEARLY?

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    At least weekly, I would hope. Once you get to monthly and yearly, then there are problems, in my opinion.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    what are the other choices?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Daily.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    At least once a week, if you get to the point where it's only a couple times a month, you need to have a talk
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    for us, it's 1-2 times a week. Hubby works a ton and we have 2 small kids so things are busy around here but usually once a week or so.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Once every few years, right? Right?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    As long as you're both happy and satisfied, that's "normal". For a lot of couples, it varies. For me and my husband it can range from every single day, sometimes several times a day, on down to once every other week.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    At least three times a week. I won't take anything less lol (that's assuming all is well in the marriage/relationship)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any in months.

But my husband is in another state. I can't imagine willingly going that long willingly/for any reason aside from distance/general inability to have sex. Like I have a date book and I am literally counting down the days til he's home. I've made sure my schedule was cleared for a week after, I've got all the take out menus lined up by the phone, and the frig will be stocked. I've got an outfit picked out, got my hair done, got a wax appointment set up, and I'm looking for a nice new pair of heels.

No one is leaving the apartment for-

...wait. What was the question?
  • CeeBee88
    CeeBee88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have been with my OH for 5 years and he ahs a very low sex drive - much MUCH lower than mine. We're probably once a month and although it bothered me at first, we have a healthy and loving relationship and thats normal for us! Of course I would love daily like most people on here, but thats just not us. It doesnt change how we are attracted we are to one another or anything.

I think it all depends on the coupld and their compatibility - you can only say whats right or wrong for you.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I'm the oddball. Married 18 years. We get it done 3-5 times a week. At least one is of the epic throwdown variety. My wife is a trooper. :bigsmile: :wink:

My drive quite high, much more so than hers though she's likely still higher than average. I get suicidal after 48 hours without.

Edit: oh, and four kids, including a couple of teens.
  • NKfanKelli
    NKfanKelli Posts: 44
    Options
    Yeah.....we have issues. :ohwell: I've tried to talk to him about it, telling him with my self esteem issues I don't feel wanted or attractive & he gets defensive & it goes nowhere.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Normal for us is 3-5 times per week. It's 5 when we're in off-crew (my husband is Navy) and 3 when his crew has the boat because he's gone one night out of every three.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sometimes once or twice a week or every couple weeks for me. Married and we have a little three year-old plus I have chaotic work schedule. When I get home, the wife's in bed. When I wake up, the kid's awake and there's no distracting her if we wanted some personal time. I was wondering the same as we're young (29) and I'm starting to want it a little more frequently. Seems like whatever keeps a couple happy is good enough.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any in months.

But my husband is in another state. I can't imagine willingly going that long willingly/for any reason aside from distance/general inability to have sex. Like I have a date book and I am literally counting down the days til he's home. I've made sure my schedule was cleared for a week after, I've got all the take out menus lined up by the phone, and the frig will be stocked. I've got an outfit picked out, got my hair done, got a wax appointment set up, and I'm looking for a nice new pair of heels.

No one is leaving the apartment for-

...wait. What was the question?

You sound like me when my husband is on patrol. :laugh:
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Daily.
    Not bidaily?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    3-5 Times a week is fine by me. We made the sex the priority. No sex means no relationship.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You all suck. :(
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    . I get suicidal after 48 hours without.

This
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Wut?! Married people have sex?! With each other?! :noway: